My mother has been suffering from Dementia and alzheimer's disease. She has been prescribed Donamem and Sizodon MD 0.5 mg.twice a day. Now she is not able to speak although her hyper active nature has been under control after giving Sizodon. Please suggest what is the remedy so that she can speak again. Her age is 81 years.

My mother has been suffering from Dementia and alzheimer'...
Dear Ashok, It is difficult to live with dementia. For you it is difficult to see her without talking or overtalking. At the age of 81 years most of her systems work less efficiently. You have to learn to use trial and error method to adjust drugs's dose. For the time being, please continue Donamem. Try and stop Sizodon. Manage her with trika. If she is hyper, give her again Sizodon 0.5 mg once a day, probably at night when you don't want her to be hyper. Please check any other medical condition is causing these hyperactive or not speaking state. It might be dehydration or electrolyte imbalance or hypoglycemia or fever. Once the medical condition is treated, she may not need Sizodon.