Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I undergone root canal for two teeth. But for one teeth I feel sensitivity. One teeth while keeping cap dentist tried to shape the teeth and in that my above teeth got shaped and it is also paining now. Please advise what to do for my loosen teeth and what to do with the cap already placed.

3 Doctors Answered
No sensitivity should be felt after a root canal treatment. Be sure of the fact that no other teeth is affected, coz many times it happens that the adjacent Tooth or some other tooth in that side maybe affected and you might be under the impression that it is your root canal tooth. If your opposing upper tooth is also paining now, then you may have to get some treatment for that too. If it is jus sensitivity then probably some desensitising agent may help. please be clear as to what kind of pain you have in that tooth and get it checked too for any decay. I didn't get it as to which tooth is loosened. As far as the caps are concerned, they should not be needing any replacement I suppose.
2 people found this helpful
Sometimes the dentist needs to adjust the crown by little adjustment of the upper tooth as well. Use sensoform toothpaste for some days, if the sensation still persists, then go back to your dentist.
Now it is difficult to treat... Still you may Take vitamin C Massage your gums with turmeric and salt twice daily Use homoeopathic toothpaste heklalava by wheezal. For further treatment you may consult.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.