Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

One week before While playing volleyball my ankle got twisted and I am using RICE method and no pain is there in ankle and but some time swelling goes down and then again it comes back pls tell should I consult a doctor.

3 Doctors Answered
It takes time for oedema to subside U can use Tab .amifru40 mg 1/2 at 3 pm daily
There might be ligament sprain. Swelling will persist for some time if you are unable to bear weight then definitely get x-ray and consult. Another wise continue with RICE Method. Along with it while sleeping at night keep legs elevated and can apply crepe bandage. Hope this helps you.
1 person found this helpful
Yes you need to consult a doctor as you may have sustained an ankle ligament injury.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.