I'M an footballer and I have been receiving pain in my knee when I shoot and even when I put pressure on it. I don't know if I have an runner's knee or acl or something like that. I have tried various methods but none of them seem to work, I tried putting ice on it but it only reduces the swelling ,it doesn't decreases the pain that appears when I shoot. Can anyone suggest the fastest way to recover my knee.

I'M an footballer and I have been receiving pain in my kn...
First to diagnose and treatment accordingly. Go fo MRI of knee.
You put a knee cap and then you stretch you calf muscles and then you take a contrast bath firstly applying heat massage for 5 minutes and then cold for 30 second and again same procedure for 15 minutes and then you do quadriceps setting exercises and take rest for minim 5- 7 days.
To rule out the underlying pathology why pain and sweeping is persistent you need to get a mri done. Further treatment will only depend upon what the reason for it. Till then continue with ice pack analgesic and try to avoid strain on it. Hope this helps you. For further assistance can contact.