Hello doctor, I'm alka 21 years old and I have some dental problems, which is like I feel pain only sometimes in my wisdom teeth not always and it was just mild pain not that severe and it's gone after sometimes then again repeat so can you please suggest what should I do. I'm worried. Thanks.

Hello doctor, I'm alka 21 years old and I have some denta...
Hi lybrate-user! Well your symptoms suggest that you suffer from Pericoronitis, which means that the gum tissues around your wisdom teeth become inflamed, on and off. It's very common with the youngsters these days as the nature is slowly eliminating the not quite used wisdom teeth as part of an evolutionary process, because our diets have become too refined, so there's not much use of extra teeth to chew the food. You should not panic and immediately visit a dentist for the check-up. He would take an X-Ray of the affected tooth and will suggest you the remedy, most probably being a "painless" extraction of the tooth. Meanwhile, just try to maintain a good oral hygiene and occasionally rinse mouth with lukewarm water with a pinch of salt added to it. It serves as a natural mouthwash. Private consult's welcome. Take Care!