Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Myself I am 21 years old. I am sports player. Most recently I have got a pain in my biceps because of that I am not able to bowl. Can you help me with that.

1 Doctor Answered
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. I think you may be having a strain or a tendinitis if there is no associated injury. Can you tell me whether you have any swelling, or any other s/s of inflammation etc? my advise will be initially to restrict your sporting activities, give adequate rest to limb till pain subsides, ice packs for local application, physical therapy and gentle anti inflammatory medications. Most of the patients will recover within 2-3 weeks with these measures but if your symptoms increase or do not subside, kindly contact me as we might have to investigate you and get some investigations done do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation. Thanks & regards
2 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.