Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I feel that I am suffering from prostate problem and my age is 62. so, please tell what can be done?

2 Doctors Answered
I feel that I am suffering from prostate problem and my a...
Lower urinary tract problem at your age can occur due two common medical condition: diabetes and benign hypertrophy of prostate also known as bhp. There are other medical conditions which can give rise to urinary problems but those two are common. To differentiate between those you need to perform a usg of prostate. If it is due to prostate enlargement or bhp, then there is definite medical or surgical treatment available.
1 person found this helpful
I feel that I am suffering from prostate problem and my a...
It will be more helpful if you share your symptoms in more detail, so as to get a better understanding about the medical condition you might be having. At your age a detailed history of pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes, hypertension etc are very important for precise management. If you are certain about the fact that you are having a problem related to prostate gland, get an usg of kubp region done to determine the size of prostate and also the conditions of your kidney and the urinary tract. Some blood investigations also need to be done to ascertain the functional aspects of your genitourinary system. Depending on the results, conclusion about further management (whether surgical or medical) drawn. Consult privately with me with detailed reports for medications to control your condition.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.