Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am a 33 year old and I have been drinking alcohol almost alternate days over the last 1 year. Recently underwent a Liver function test and the results were as follows (Those in high level) Bilirubin T- 2.64 Bilirubin D-0.8 SGOT-54 SGPT-102 ALBUMIN-5.1 Rest of the things are under the normal level and looks fine. I would like to know if I am in a phase to give up alcoholic intake and move on. Please help me.

1 Doctor Answered
lybrate-user, Your pattern suggests that slowly gradually are getting dependent on alcohol. Also your altered blood reports suggests the same. Its good that you are motivated to quit. I would suggest treatment that would reduce craving, also replace physical need of alcohol. Consult a psychiatrist for the same.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.