Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello Sir/ Mam, I am working at an MNC, have to work long hours working in front of desktop. My eyes will sometimes bulge especially the lower eye- lid and even will have uneasiness in eyes. My friend suggested to use, EYE SPA drops. I request your suggestion to which eye drops shall I use? And is laser eye correction is suggested for persons with long- sight issue? What type of glasses for spectacles are preferred to be used? Glass or Plastic? Thank You!

2 Doctors Answered
Hello Sir/ Mam, I am working at an MNC, have to work long...
yOu have to wash your eyes in between and look ahead at times .To reduce your risk of dry eyes during computer use, try this exercise: Every 20 minutes, blink 10 times by closing your eyes as if falling asleep (very slowly). This will help rewet your eyes. To ease eye strain, make sure you use good lighting and sit at a proper distance from the computer screen.
1 person found this helpful
Hello Sir/ Mam, I am working at an MNC, have to work long...
All software professionals are having same problems because most of them don't know how to work on computer for long time without giving discomfort to eyes. While working on computer number of blinking drastically goes down from around 24 per minute to around 8 per minute leading to severe dryness causing burning ,eyestrain, temporary blurring of vision,& headache.One should try to have normal blinking while working on computer ,should look away from screen after every 10 minute& should take rest for 10 minutes after every two hours. You should also use lubricating eye drops( Systane ultra) 5-6 times daily & genteal gel once at bed time.
You found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.