Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

Hi, I am 32 years old female. I had oral submucosa fibrosis for two yr. Last year in June it was operated by buccal pad reconstruction. The doctor removed the left side lower wisdom tooth and the second molar also. I had all impacted wisdom tooth. In August 2016 I was asked to open the mouth forcefully and continue exercises. The mouth opening was increased a lot, like 1.5 cm to 3.3 cm. Under general anesthesia. But it is still not stabilized yet. The rest of the upper wisdom teeth were removed last month as they suddenly came out in bad way. But the second molar in the upper left side is pressing / biting the gum a big way. It has produced a huge wound and a lump of gum tissue in the wisdom tooth area. My doctor grinded that tooth several times but failed. Please suggest something. I am taking mouthwash daily and Kenacort ointment. Should I go for the tooth extraction?

Get d 2nd molar removed or put a cap or crown so that it does not hurt your gums anymore.
Hello mam, thanks for your query. Well your second molar is hitting the lower gum because it has not counterpart, as your lower second molar is already extracted. This will keep on happening periodically as tooth continues to move down untill it meet any stop. This condition is known as supraeruption. Remedy for this is replacement or lower second molar or extraction of upper second molar. But better treatment option can be suggested only after clinical evaluation. So ask your dentist to give you proper guidance for the same. I hope my suggestion will help you to get rid of this problem. Thanks and regards.