Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sahil KhannaYour feedback matters!
My teeth was so dirty. Even I brush regular. But it will not clean. But there is no bad smell from my mouth.
Hello Dr. I am suffering from gingivitis so kindly suggest me that which toothpaste should I use to clean up my teeth and germs. Thank you.
I am prasobh p prakash suffering from dental pain. What is the reason. What is the cause. Where is my teeth. How can I resolve it.
Stop eating sticky foods and cold drinks are enemy of tooth it soften your enamel
Floss your teeth thrice in a week and use soft bristles toothbrush
Go for scaling of teeth twice in a year it prevents bad smell, bleeding of gums, senstivity, heart disease" healthy mouth leads to healthy heart"
Regards. Take care stay healthy.
Sir I have yellow teeth from last four years I take many medicine but cant get result will you help me please.
My tongue has become tasteless. What ever ieat I do not get that taste but I have a sort of saltish taste in my tongue.
Blood from mouth in the morning while I brushing my teeth and its happening from two weeks. Any suggestions what to do now? I don't know but its quite paining now.
I have some dental problem that is my teeth is not white. please tell me the way to clean the teeth.
I need a full mouth denture (top and Bottom). It should be very light weight and with excellent fitting. I am a diabetic on insulin for the past 15 years.
Sir I am 34 years. My name is hansraj i have alser in my mouth from last 1 years i take so many medician but still not relief can you suggest?
Gutke ke karan muh mei 2 ungli ja rahi hai, safedi bhi aa gyi hai, teeka garm nahi kha pata hu, aansu niklne lagte hai, sir kya kiya jay.
At the age of 23 or 24 for girl the teeth straightening (Braces) is possible? It is effective or the teeth will be straight after completing treatment? How many months needed to complete treatment? What will be cost approximately?
My grandfather is 80 years of age and recently had ulcers in his mouth, so he was not able to eat properly. He has removed his jaw and is using the temporary ones to eat. But because of the ulcers, he cant eat, the doctors can't diagnose the problem and keep on changing the medicines. He has become very weak and wasn't able to stand the other day. His legs and hands are swollen and he is not a diabetic patient. Please advise what can I do? I have his prescriptions with me and can forward if required.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.