I am prediabetes. My fasting sugar is between 110 to 140. My hba1c is 6.2. I walk 6 days a week for 1 hour. Do I need to start medication.

I am prediabetes. My fasting sugar is between 110 to 140....
Your sugar is on higher side as. Try to do diet control. Take less sugar. Eat healthy and do exercise. If you still hve high sugar than start medication.
You are on Borderline. You don't need any medicine. You can do natural healing by controlled diet and regular exercise. Avoid medicines as far as possible. Take more grains like raagi and bajra/ brown rice / oats / multi grain Atta. Take less maida/ White rice /sugars / potatoes. Nature has best solutions. All the best.
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. Following are the criteria for diagnosing diabetes: 1) Normal: FBG: 70 to 110 mg, PP<140 mg & HbA1c%<5.9. 2) Pre-Diabetes: FBG: 108 to 125 mg, PP 141 to 199 mg & HbA1c%5.9 to 6.4. 3) Diabetes: FBG 126 mg and above, PP: 200 mg and above & HbA1c% 6.5 and above. Please look at your PP blood glucose also. If a peson is in pre-diabetes state there is no need for any medication. Strict diet control and exercise will help in postponing or preventing diabetes. Thanks.