27 years experience
Ask Free Question
Dear Lybrateuser, - To stabilise your sugar follow some dietary precautions
- have more of fibrous foods including vegetables & fruits (avoid banana, mango chickoo & grapes), legumes including pulses, lentils, peas, sprouts, have beans regularly as they are low glycemic & help in stabilising blood sugar, have low fat milk & milk products like yogurt, cottage cheese, butter milk, lean meats like seafoods twice a week (avoid red meats)
- avoid fried, processed, junk foods, sweets, bakery items, foods containing saturated & trans fats
- use olive, sunflower or canola oil for cooking not more than a tablespoon per day
- avoid alcohol & smoking if you do
- try to reduce weight by dieting & exercise
- do regular exercise walking, jogging, swimming 30-40 min, moderate weight lifting for 15-20 min at least twice a week, also do yoga & deep breathing for 5-10 min daily morning
- sleep well for 7-8 hrs at night
- regularly monitor your blood sugar & take medication on time.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Sugar treatment