Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have bimaxillary protrusion, please advice it can be corrected with a surgery or braces can serve the purpose itself.

4 Doctors Answered
Hello fellow! depending upon severity of problem a myofunctional appliance and braces or only braces can resolve your problem completely. If the problem is less dental and more of skeletal ie jaw bone related it can be corrected by surgery. You must visit a dentist to get some radiographs and find the actual remedy for your problem. Thank you.
In most cases braces can also give result but if it's true Bimal surgery combined with orthodontist tt will b the best aans
Treatment may be combination of both surgery and braces. But it depends on the type of problem whether it is skeletal or dental or both.
Hello, First we need to understand if it is a dental or skeletal abnormality, accordingly braces or surgery may be advised. For this along with opg and lateral cephalogram x-rays you need to visit your nearest dentist. Final call can be taken only after clinical examination.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.