Hello sir/maam, I am 19 years old. I used to get pain in my upper part left side of the teeth 6/7 everyday. I hv showed to the nearest dentist n he advise me to do RCT treatment. But whenever I use 2 get pain I brush my teeth in the left part n I use to chew 2 cloves from the paining side n I get relief from pain. I applied this process for 2 weeks continuously. But now it didn't pain my teeth every day at night. Paining is been stop now. Now, through pain is been stop, should I do the RCT treatment or not? Most of the food I chew from right side because I feel uncomfortable to chew from left part. So, I want your recommendations as I am in a big dilemma. If your recommendation will be 2 apply for RCT, then, Is RCT is a painful treatment? I am in a huge fear. Because I didn't hv a little bit of potentiality 2 suffer from pain.

Hi lybrate-user, Chewing Cloves are not permenant remedy, it may certainly reduce pain like tablets do. But permament solution is RCT, No need to get fear of pain while doing RCT bcoz everything will be done under Local anaesthesia! Take your antibiotics as prescribed by your dentist. Relieve pain with anti-inflammatory medication that allows for reduction of inflamed periodontal fibres during your root canal recovery as tooth heals. This procedure involves removing the infected pulp and then inserting a special type of filling to seal the tooth and prevent re-infection followed by crown placement. You may consult me in person!
I would advice to go for rct if the dentist as advice becoz the pain of pulpitis is on and off. Root canal treatement is not a painful treatement instead its a treatement that helps relieve pain.
Pain may have subsided, it may recure anytime. It's advisable to do RCT. Nowadays there is hardly any pain.
Though your pain has subsided by now but be sure sooner or later it will be troubling you with increased severity. RCT has to be done if you want to save your tooth otherwise after sometime it will go for removal. RCT is not painful in every case but if it is there you need not worry because it can be managed by anaesthetic injection or pain killer or both. Once rct completed you will be free from pain and can enjoy eating from concerned side. THANK YOU.