Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Laser Hair Removal
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Heart Attack
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Sleeve Gastrectomy Treatment
Mole Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Bhaktivedanta HospitalYour feedback matters!
एक होता है सर दर्द और दूसरा है माइग्रेन. सरदर्द तो फिर भी झेल लेते हैं लोग लेकिन माइग्रेन का शीघ्र इलाज बहुत जरुरी है. इसमें सिर में भयंकर दर्द होता है जिसका सहन करना बहुत मुश्किल है. ऊपर से सूरज की बढ़ती रौशनी के साथ दर्द भी बढ़ता जाता है. हलांकि माइग्रेन के उपचार के लिए बेहतर है कि आप डॉक्टर से सलाह लें लेकिन आप कुछ घरेलु उपचार करके इससे काफी हद तक राहत पा सकते हैं. इसीलिए हम आपको कुछ घरेलु उपचार बता रहे हैं-
1. पत्तेदार सब्जियां
माइग्रेन के घरेलु उपचार में पत्तेदार सब्जियां प्रमुख हैं. आप कहेंगे कि ऐसा क्या है पत्तेदार सब्जियों में तो आपको जानना चाहिए कि पत्तेदार सब्जियों में प्रचुर मात्रा में मैग्नीशियम पाया जाता है. मैग्नीशियम की पर्याप्त मात्रा में मौजूदगी माइग्रेन से राहत प्रदान करती है. इसके साथ ही यदि आप कुछ साबुत अनाज जैसे कि दलिया या फिर समुद्री जीव आदि भी ले सकते हैं.
2. नींद जरुरी है
माइग्रेन के उपचार में नींद की भी महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका होती है. इसलिए माइग्रेन से पीड़ित व्यक्ति के लिए पर्याप्त नींद लेना महत्वपूर्ण है. ऐसे लोगों को कोशिश करनी चाहिए कि शोरगुल से मुक्त वातारण में 7-8 घंटे की नींद लें. ऐसा इसलिए ताकि आपको गहरी नींद आ सके. गहरी नींद में सोने से माइग्रेन पीड़ित व्यक्ति को राहत मिलती है.
3. कसरत भी जरुरी है
कसरत तो हमें कुछ नहीं भी होने पर करना ही चाहिए. माइग्रेन के घरेलु उपचार में व्यायाम की भूमिका महत्वपूर्ण है. इसका कारण ये है कि कसरत या योग करने से तनाव काफी हद तक दूर होता है. जब तनाव दूर हो जाता है तो माइग्रेन से भी राहत मिलती है. इसलिए माइग्रेन पीड़ित व्यक्ति प्रतिदिन व्यायाम करें.
4. जंक फूड को कहें ना
जंक फ़ूड कई रोगों का जड़ बनता जा रहा है. फास्ट फ़ूड या डिब्बा बंद भोजन का हाल भी कुछ ऐसा ही है. माइग्रेन के उपचार के लिए ये बेहद जरुरी है कि आप जंक फ़ूड और पनीर, चॉकलेट, केले आदि से भी दूर रहें. क्योंकि इसमें पाए जाने वाले तत्व माइग्रेन रोगियों की परेशानी बढ़ाते हैं. इसलिए जहां तक हो सके घर का खाना खाएं.
5. अदरक भी लड़ता है माइग्रेन से
अपने बेहतरीन औषधीय गुणों से भरपूर अदरक आपके लिए माइग्रेन में भी राहत देता है. इसकी एक ख़ास बात ये भी है कि अदरक को आप खाने या चाय में भी स्वादानुसार डाल कर ले सकते हैं. इसके अलावा यदि आप ऐसे अदरक नहीं खा सकते हैं तो अब बाजार में अदरक के कैप्स्यूल भी मिलते हैं. इससे माइग्रेन के दौरान होने वाली मितली से आपको राहत मिलेगी.
6. तेज रोशनी से दूर रहें
तेज रौशनी और माइग्रेन का छत्तीस का आंकड़ा है. इसलिए आपको तेज रौशनी से बचकर रहना चाहिए. आपको इस बात का ध्यान रखना चाहिए कि जहां आपको सोना या बैठना हो वहां पर आस-पास रौशनी न आने पाए. यदि आप अँधेरे कमरे में सोएंगे तो और बेहतर है. जहाँ तक हो सके आपको सूरज की सीधी पड़ने वाली रौशनी से बचना चाहिए.
7. पिपरमेंट का तेल
पिपरमेंट का तेल भी माइग्रेन में काफी राहत प्रदान करता है. माइग्रेन की परेशानी को कम करने के लिए इसके मरीजों को हफ्ते में लगभग तीन बार पिपरमेंट के तेल से सर में मालिश करवानी चाहिए. इससे सर में ठंडक तो होती ही है, तेज दर्द से भी राहत मिलती है. जिससे कि आपका तनाव कम हो जाता है.
8. मछली खाएं
माइग्रेन पीड़ितों को मछली भी भरपूर मात्रा में खानी चाहिए. क्योंकि मछली में ओमेगा 3 नाम का फैटी एसिड पाया जाता है जो कि शरीर के लिए कई मामलों में फायदेमंद होता है. आपको बता दें कि ओमेगा 3 फैटी एसिड माइग्रेन का दर्द पैदा करने वाली सनसनाहट को कम करता है.
9. दूध भी है माइग्रेन का घरेलु उपचार
माइग्रेन के उपचार में दूध भी महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है. लेकिन इसमें ध्यान रखने वाली बात ये है कि जो दूध आप इस दौरान लेंगे वो वसा रहित हो. इस दौरान वसा रहित दूध या फिर इससे बनें उत्पादों का भी आप सेवन कर सकते हैं. दूध के उत्पादों में विटामिन बी (राइबोफ्लेविन) अधिक मात्रा में रहता है, जिससे शरीर की कोशिकाओं को मजबूती मिलती है. सिर की कोशिकाओं को ऊर्जा नहीं मिलने पर ये कमजोर हो जाती.
10. चिंता न करें
माइग्रेन जिसमें आपके सर में असहनीय दर्द होता है, का मुख्य कारण चिंता करना, देर रात तक काम करना, मानसिक दुर्बलता, जुकाम, नजला, कब्ज, मलेरिया आदि हो सकता है. एक तथ्य ये भी है कि महिलाओं में माइग्रेन की समस्या पुरुषों के मुकाबले ज्यादा पाई जाती है. कारण ये है कि उनमें हिस्टीरिया, अधिक शारीरिक या मानसिक कार्य करने के कारण, सदमा लगने, बेवजह परेशान पेरशान होने से ये समस्या उत्पन्न होती है.
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the law of similars or'like cures like. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
1. It is an individualized treatment: a homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
2. There are no side effects: homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
3. Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
4. The remedies are non-invasive: no homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
5. Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems.
During this weather fungal infections has become a very common problem.
Here are few do' s and donts:
1. Keep affected area dry including skin folds
2. Do not share cloths as these infections are communicable
3. Iron your undergarments by turning them inside out.
4. Avoid walking bare foot especially in public toilets, pools or sports changing rooms.
5. Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes.
6. Don't buy over the counter medicines from chemist shop.
7. Visit your dermatologist as soon as possible as it is fast spreading and totally treatable.
Hyperpigmentation and skin
Hyperpigmentation in skin is caused by an increase in melanin, the substance in the body that is responsible for color (pigment). Certain conditions, such as pregnancy or addison's disease (decreased function of the adrenal gland), may cause a greater production of melanin and hyperpigmentation. Exposure to sunlight is a major cause of hyperpigmentaion, and will darken already hyperpigmented areas.
Hypopigmentation and skin
Hypopigmentation in skin is the result of a reduction in melanin production. Examples of hypopigmentation include:
Vitiligo: vitiligo causes smooth, white patches on the skin. In some people, these patches can appear all over the body. It is an autoimmune disease in which the pigment-producing cells are damaged. There is no cure for vitiligo, but there are several treatments, including cosmetic cover-ups, corticosteroid creams, or ultraviolet light treatments.
Albinism: albinism is a rare inherited disorder caused by the absence of an enzyme that produces melanin. This results in a complete lack of pigmentation in skin, hair, and eyes albinos have an abnormal gene that restricts the body from producing melanin. There is no cure for albinism. People with albinism should use a sunscreen at all times because they are much more likely to get sun damage and skin cancer. This disorder can occur in any race, but is most common among whites. Pigmentation loss as a result of skin damage: if you've had a skin infection, blisters, burns, or other trauma to your skin, you may have a loss of pigmentation in the affected area. The good news with this type of pigment loss is that it's frequently not permanent, but it may take a long time to re-pigment. Homeopathic medicines can be used to cover the area, while the body regenerates the pigments For permanent results constitutional homeopathy is the best solution.
Sugary drinks are the most fattening things you can put into your body.
- This is because liquid sugar calories don't get registered by the brain in the same way as calories from solid foods.
- For this reason, when you drink soda, you end up eating more total calories.
- Sugary drinks are strongly associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and all sorts of health problems.
- Keep in mind that fruit juices are almost as bad as soda in this regard. They contain just as much sugar, and the small amounts of antioxidants do NOT negate the harmful effects of the sugar.
There are many myths surrounding fat and weight loss today. From fad diets to exercises that promise to burn fat in no time at all, the Internet is flooded with material and information that can confuse people. So here is our list of facts and myths regarding fat loss.
- Starving: This one is a big myth! Do not starve as this will only make your body store fat from whatever little you may be ingesting. Also, such habits will chisel away at your bone and muscle strength in the long run.
- Snacking: Avoiding snacks for fat loss is a myth. You need to divide your meals into smaller portions for faster fat loss, which means one or two of those meals could actually be snacks. But a snack which comes in the form of a bag of chips is bad news. So get a salad or almonds for a snack instead.
- Carbs: If you have come to believe that all carbs are bad, then you need a reality check. This one is a major myth. The body requires nourishment above all else, and this includes some amount of carbs. While having a cheese burger is a big no no, having a potato salad minus the heavy cream dressing is actually a good idea and will give your body plenty of energy. Get the drift?
- Calories: While you may have been led to believe that certain kinds of food can burn calories, this is actually a myth. The reality is that there are different kinds of calories and you must choose food that is high in fibre so that the metabolic system gets a boost. Food like oats which come with high dietary fibre can actually help in pushing the food out of your digestive system, faster and more effectively.
- Eating Right and Exercising: Many people believe that eating right and exercising is the best way to banish fat from your life - forever. This is a myth. After a certain age, the metabolism does slow down. Eating right and exercising as a matter of routine helps in avoiding a sudden and massive weight gain. Above all, your diet and exercise should be flexible so that you can accommodate a slowdown without piling on fat.
The fat loss journey is one that is based on a consistent system of eating right and staying within a routine. So avoid myths and get yourself a well nourished, active and well rested body.
A chemical peel is a chemical where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels help to improve the appearance of the skin on the hands, neck and the face. The peel when applied to the skin causes it to exfoliate and eventually peels off. The new skin is much smoother and less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliate it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: These are the most aggressive types of peels, which helps to treat coarse wrinkles, severely sun damaged skin and even pre-cancerous growth. In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used to remove damaged cells on the skin. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
- Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions such as:
- Reduction of fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing the age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin is improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. Chemical peels are quite safe and have several benefits.
- Chemical peels help in restoring your wrinkled, blotchy and sun damaged skin, making it fresh and youthful.
- There are three major types of chemical peels, which offer different benefits. The light chemical peel helps in improving the acne scars and enhances skin texture. The medium peels help in smoothening wrinkles and correcting the age spots. The deep chemical peels treat skin damage due to the sun.
- Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is very effective and satisfactory results are obtained.
Variety of contact lenses is used to correct refractive errors. Soft Contact (hydrogel) Lenses are most often used in various types of refractive errors but they have certain disadvantages. These lenses do not permit adequate Oxygen to pass through which is essential for health of cornea and hence they can be worn for limited hours, i.e 6 to 8 hours maximum and never while sleeping. The tear proteins get deposited on these lenses which limit their life to about a year. If worn for prolonged period or proper measures not taken to clean the lenses, cornea can get an ULCER which at times can result in permanent loss of vision. Disposable daily wear lenses provide safer alternative but the cost increases significantly. Since soft contact lenses are applied after cleaning with a solution which can be the cause of mild to severe allergic conjunctivitis which can become intolerable. Soft contact lenses are not ideal in eyes with high corneal astigmatism.
Merits of soft contact lenses are that they can be dispensed over the counter or purchased on line though it is not ideal. A correct curvature and power of a contact lens is determined by a contact lens specialist/ Ophthalmologist after measuring exact corneal curvature and using trial contact lens. Another merit is that these lenses can be accepted very easily since even on the first day they do not produce much of discomfort. These lenses can be worn off and on without any inconvenience. Recent introduction of Toric Contact Lenses have made them more acceptable in cases of moderate corneal astigmatism.
Breathing Contact Lenses:
These lenses are the one which permit significant amount of oxygen to pass through and hence can be worn for prolonged interval without any adverse effect on the cornea. These are of two types
- Semisoft or Extended Wear RGP Contact Lenses: These lenses are made up of FP 92 which is a semi rigid soft plastic and is highly permeable to oxygen. These lenses are excellent for high refractive errors, especially in patients who have high corneal astigmatism. Even cases with irregular cornea or Keratoconus, these lenses can be accepted with rewarding results. These lenses can only be fitted by an expert Ophthalmologist since precise measurement has to be carried out and various trial lenses have to be tried to evaluate the optimum fit. The lenses are made to measurement and the patient has to be precisely trained to fit the lenses and maintain them. As stated, the lenses can be safely worn while sleeping and there is practically no danger of corneal toxicity or infection. These lenses may last for 4-5 years. One of the demerits of these lenses is that they take 5-6 days to adopt and the patient is advised to use them regularly. They are excellent alternative to LASIK surgery.
- Silicon Hydrogel Contact Lenses: These are recent introduction of extended wear contact lenses with capacity to 'breathe' better than soft or hrdrogel contact lenses. Some of the recent Silicon Hydrogel Contact lenses introduced by Alcon and Bausch and Lomb can be worn for a week or so.
Silicon hydrogel lenses though indicated for prolonged wear but can cause mild keratitis and sometimes allergic keratitis if worn overnight. These lenses still needs lot of improvement to be free of complications
Advise: It is ideal to consult an Ophthalmologist specialized in contact lenses for fitting of a proper contact lenses. Advertised lenses some time misguide and can be damaging to the eye.
INDIAN SCENE OF FESTIVALS AND USE OF EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL:
With festival season approaching fast, the use of Alcohol goes beyond normal consumption limits by otherwise normal alcohol drinkers. Members of societies which forbid alocohol drinking also are seen tempted towards fun by relaxing, intoxicating and inebriating themselves by use of alcohol.
.Alcoholism is a major health and social problem throughout the world though it is a major cause of motor accidents particularly for young people.
GLOBAL SCENE OF ALCOHOLISM:
Alcoholism is a major health and social problem throuhout the globe though it is amjor cause of motor accidents and incidental deaths particularly for young people. The consumption of alcohol has existed in human society since time immemorial. In modern world all types of alcoholic beverages are freely available in global market.
Heavy drinkers suffer from HANGOVER which is a collection of signs and symptoms linked with recent bouts of heavy drinking. Hangovers may occur at any time of the day but commonly the morning the night of heavy or excess drinking and person may experience:
1. Physical symptoms: headache, dizziness, sickness, sleepyness, thirsty and confused
CURE AND PREVENTION:
Modern science clearly indicates that there is no cure but resting, drinking water and replacing electrolytes by food may help. Generally symptoms go away after 24 hrs. Preventive measure is responsible drinking.
EFFECTS ON LIVER:
Drinking heavy and excess alcohol can increase your risk of developing alcoholic liver disease e.g. fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, chronic hepatitis, liver fibrosis/ cirrhosis etc. When liver tries to breakdown alcohol, the resultant chemical reaction can damage its cells. Similarly heavy alcohol damages intestinal lining/ intestines thereby allowing gut bacteria to enter liver causing inflammation and scarring of liver. When regular excesses in drinking is the way of life, you may guess what can be the worst in a particular person.
AYURVEDA's PERSPECTIVE FOR PREVENTION and CURE:
Ayurveda has clear opinion and rules on the use of Madya - the Alcohol. Ayurveda has defined views on npreparation of Herbal wines called Asavas and Arishtas. Western Herbalism also uses tinctures etc in the same way as Ayurveda to extract active ingradients of herbs.
In Ayurveda MADATYA ROGA is associated with effects of alcoholism. Ayurveda's herbal bitters like Neem, Guduchi, Bhuiamla, Kalmegh, Amla and many others not only protect and cure liver inflammation by Pittavirechan and detoxification but there are other home remedies like dates, raisins, Kokum butter, tamarind fruit, pomegranates, Amla etc which may be combined as powder and taken with 100ml of boiled, cooled water. It may be taken soon after alcohol intake or at bed time or in the morning. Make it fresh because it cant be stored for long. Amalvetas,Tvak, Ela, Marich, Safed Jeera, Souvarchal Namak, Vrikshamala, Sugar effectively overcomes hangover.
SO I MAY SAY THAT RESONSIBLE DRINKING AND USE OF HERBS ARE WISER STEPS TO COMBAT EFFECTS OF ALCOHOLISM.
Customised and readymade Ayurvedic Solutions are available for prevention and cure of Hangover and Liver affliction.
Importance of fasting in navaratri.
- India is a country with a rich historical and cultural background of festivals and celebration. Like other festivals of india, navaratri also has a significance and meaning attached to it.
- The nine day sadhana of navaratri is not simply an age-old practice of worshipping the cosmic nature but also the rituals, practices and celebrations associated with it has the disciplines of health wisely interwoven into it.
- Every year the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn are two very important junctions of climatic and solar influence as the whole of creation goes through a kind of transformation with each changing season.
- These are called ritu sandhis meaning seasonal junctions (transition from extreme seasons of summer and winter to more moderate seasons like spring and autumn). Due to the changes in the nature, the bodies and minds of people undergo a considerable change. These two periods or junctions are taken as opportunities for detoxification of body, mind and soul which in turn helps to maintain our physical and mental balance.
- The beginning of autumn is celebrated as the festival of navaratri, the nine day period which commences on the first day of the bright fortnight of the lunar month of ashwina.
- " nava-ratri" literally means" nine nights"
- The navaratri festival is observed by cleansing one's self of all the impurities to experience the divinity within. This observance is called upavaas, which literally means ‘residing close to oneself’.
- Fasting is one of the techniques which is part of upavaas.
- Navaratri is the time when people fast for cleansing, detoxifying and getting their bodies rested. Fasts are a means of internal cleansing, physically and spiritually. The basic cause of many diseases is the accumulation of toxic materials in the digestive system. When one fasts, the load on the digestive system reduces and meanwhile the body is able to carry out the cleansing needed in the system. It supports in adapting to the bodily changes during ritu sandhi.
- Fasting also helps to build up self-control and discipline and bring more awareness control over senses which ultimately elevate the state of consciousness.
- The world is a manifestation of three gunas (qualities) namely satva, rajas and tamas. These three qualities exist in varying levels within one's mind.
- -satva is the quality comprising of clarity, purity and peace of mind which makes one dynamic, creative and harmonious.
- -rajas is activity or movement which in excess results in pleasure seeking activities, anger, arrogance and destructiveness.
- -tamas is inertia which in excess leads one to dullness lethargy.
- We contain all of these gunas in varying degrees and they are in constant interplay with each other. Excessive rajas and tamas has a disturbing influence upon the mind and does not allow one to go deep within oneself.
- So during navaratri, the aim is to reduce these disturbing influences and increase satva, allowing the satvik qualities to prevail leading to the highest condition of the mind.
- On the first three days of navaratri, tamo guna prevails, then during the next three days, rajo guna prevails and during the last three days, satva guna prevails.
- Diet lifestyle has a deep influence on the state of one's mind and can therefore manipulate the levels of satva, rajas and tamas in one’s being.
- Fasting in a disciplined way brings harmony between satva, rajas and tamas.
How to fast during navaratri:
- On the first three days, we can follow a fruit fast:
- Sweet fruits like: apple, banana, chikku, papaya, watermelon, sweet grapes and juices like amla juice, lauki juice and tender coconut water can be had.
- On the next three days, we can have a one time meal of the traditional navaratri diet, during the rest of the day, we could have fruit juices, buttermilk milk.
- During the last three days, we could follow a traditional navaratri diet.
- Caution: the above diet is for a healthy person. If you have any health concerns, you could fast with minor changes in the prescribed diet, with the guidance of your vaidya.
- Traditional navaratri diet:
- The diets followed during navaratri are pitta pacifying as during this season there is a possibility of pitta being increased in the body.
- Grains are avoided for the first few days.
Traditionally prescribed foods are:
- Kuttu (buckwheat) roti and fasting rice (shamak rice).
- Dosa from the shamak rice,
- Dishes made of sago (sabudana), singhara atta (water chestnut flour), rajgira, potatoes, yam (suran), colocacia (arbi) sweet potatoes (shakarkand), kachalu etc.
- Use ghee, milk and buttermilk. All these are cooling and pacifies pitta (raita of bottle gourd (lauki), raita of pumpkin (kaddu).
- Drink lot of fluids like tender coconut water, juices, vegetable soups, etc. Besides providing energy, they also maintain the fluid levels and cleanse the toxins in your body.
- Fruit chat made with papaya, pear (nashpati), apple.
- Use sandhav namak (rock salt) instead of common salt, for cooking.
- Avoid fried foods (replace fried potato with boiled potato).
- Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steaming and grilling.
- Delicacies like sabudan vada, sprouted gram sundals, kuttu pakoda, singhara burfee and kheer can be had from the 8th day onwards.
- Be strictly vegetarian.
- Avoid onion and garlic.
Those who cannot go for a fast can do upavaas by abstaining from non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onion, garlic, too spicy food, and replacing common salt with rock salt.
Do you know that 100 litres of purified water are used for each dialysis session? This water needs to be of very high purity. Otherwise the patient can be harmed and can lead to serious infections and even heart disease. At Dharma Kidney Care we use "Ultrapure" water for dialysis which is one of the purest forms of water on the planet.
People who have obesity, compared to those with a normal or healthy weight, are at increased risk for many serious diseases and health conditions, including the following:
Causes of death (mortality):
1. High blood pressure (hypertension)
2. High ldl cholesterol, low hdl cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia)
3, type 2 diabetes
4. Coronary heart disease
6. Gallbladder disease
7. Osteoarthritis (a breakdown of cartilage and bone within a joint)
8. Sleep apnea and breathing problems
9. Some cancers (endometrial, breast, colon, kidney, gallbladder, and liver)
10. Low quality of life
11. Mental illness such as clinical depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders4, 5
12. Body pain and difficulty with physical functioning.
Increase Sex Power with 21 Ayurvedic Foods
- You might don't know, 21 aphrodisiac Ayurvedic Common Foods/ २१ पुरुषत्व वर्धक आयुर्वेदिक घरेलू आहार
- People take lots of costly medications, and sometime face side effects and many times no effects.
- Why to depends on medicine only, when you better choice
- Aphrodisiac foods help to improve sex life and increase the sperm counts.
मधुमेह से बचने के उपाय!
- Diabetes is life threatning disease. Patient dies because of the complications of diabetes, such as Stoke, Heart diseases, etc. Some time may face very critical situations like Amputaion(Removal of body part).
- India is diabetic capital in the world and patients rate are increasing day by day. So PREVENTION is better than CURE.
स्त्रीयों मे यौन इच्छा बडाने के लिये घरेलु उपचार
- A healthy sex drive is a natural part of an individual's makeup, so if you are experiencing low sex drive it's important to investigate the causes with your doctor.
- A wide range of illness, physical changes and medications can cause a low sex drive, including sexual problems, medical diseases, medications, lifestyle, surgery, fatigue etc. Changes in hormone levels are also one of the most common causes of low sexual desire in women. Hormonal changes like menopause, pregnancy and breast feeding can dampen a women’s sex drive.
- Fortunately, however, there are a number of natural home remedies that can not only boost your sex drive but will also improve your mood, help you look and feel better and raise your overall energy levels as well.
- Drinking enough water can have numerous benefits.
- One important factor, is that it can help boost the amount of calories you burn.
- According to 2 studies, it can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours. This can amount to 96 additional calories burned if you drink 2 liters (67 oz) of water per day.
- The best time to drink water is half an hour before meals. One study showed that half a liter of water, 30 minutes before each meal, increased weight loss by 44%.
- Todays pollution and everyday monotonous life makes our skin dull and tired. Rejuvenate with modern days advance medical rejuvenation treatments.
- The new medifacial is a mixture of diamond peel and mesoglow which gives instant results.
- Contact today for the new festive look.