Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Roshni Upadhyaya
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Roshni UpadhyayaYour feedback matters!
She is very talented n nice. Hav given proper solution to my problem
In rainy season how can I protect myself from viral infection? In rainy season which body cream is good for my skin? In rainy season can I drink cold drinks?Please tell.
Acne, also known as pimples, is a skin disorder caused due to inflammation in the skin's hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Acne may also cause permanent scars on your skin. It usually occurs in teenagers going through puberty due to the production of high levels of hormone that clog pores. Many women also get premenstrual acne which, as the name suggests, are caused after ovulation due to excessive release of progesterone. Most pimples are found on the face, shoulders, back, chest and neck. Apart from hormones, pimples are also caused due to genes, amassing of dead skin cells, bacteria, birth control pills, certain medications, greasy medication and so on. Although acnes do not pose a serious risk to your health, it may cause scars and look displeasing. There are many different types of acne such as acne vulgaris, baby acne, acne rosacea, acne cosmetic, chloracne, acne medicamentosa, etc.
Since the causes of acne in people vary from person to person, homeopathy treatment for acne is one of the best options as the remedy for acne is individualized to the person.
Homeopathy has a great success rate when it comes to removing pimples and eliminating the chances of reoccurrence. Homeopaths prescribe the treatments depending on the symptoms. Mentioned below are a few homeopathic treatments for acne.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is the most common homeopathic treatment for acne, especially if the skin condition is chronic. Apart from clearing your acne and giving you a glowing skin, sulphur also helps to remove your tendency to develop acne. It clears acne within a few months. Sulphur is usually the first choice because it treats almost all types of acne.
- Hepar Sulph: Pustular acne is the type of acne which is painful to touch and contains pus. They bleed easily and are very sensitive; usually forming a cluster on the forehead with discharges.
- Calcarea Sulph: Calcarea Sulph is used to treat severe cystic acne. This acne persists for weeks and heals at a very slow pace, following which, a creamy and yellowish pus is drained. These types of pimples are mainly found on the face, near the hairline as well as ears. Calcarea sulph is a very effective treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor (s), My wife (age: 29 years) has been witnessing high rate of hair fall since last 3-4 months. She is taking all the steps to stop it, but it is not helping. Her diet is also balanced, but still there is no reduction in the hair fall. Will appreciate if someone can provide suggestion on this? Thanks Rahul.
What about hair falling to come down you do have any remedy for this to stop or any tablets or any oil pls advise us.
My complexion is fair and oily. I want to be my skin tighter and glowing and I have open pores can you suggest me any cream for application or treatment?
I have itching scalp, I am taking head bath 2 times per week. Recently my hair fall increased. Can anyone suggest me how to reduce hair fall.
Hi Sir, Can I use faceclin AT instead of aziderm 20% which was prescribed by my dermatologist along with Deriva CMS gel. She told me mix aziderm 20% and Deriva CMS gel with CALAK lotion before putting it on my face. I've heard great reviews of faceclin AT more then any other face gel.
Allergies are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies, which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
The main cause of allergy is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens. These may include:
- Certain eatables: Peanuts or sea food
- Medications: Penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Airborne allergens: Pollen, mold, or dust mites
- Insect stings: Bee stings or scorpion stings
- Latex: Latex or other substances, which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors, which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Facial swelling
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies, such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
- Skin rashes
- Intense shortness of breath
Homeopathy effectively deals with any sort of allergy by taking into account individualistic symptoms and thus nipping the root cause in the bud. Natrum Mur, Urtica Urens, Sulphur and Natrum Carb, among others, are very effective medicines against allergies. But these must be taken after due discussion with the doctor as they check out the symptoms and then prescribe the medicine basis that. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Dandruff isn't just a social embarrassment, but may also give you certain pointers about your general hair health as well. Let's look at some facts regarding dandruff and how it may affect the health of your hair.
Causes of dandruff
The cause for dandruff is usually stated to be a dry scalp, which is not entirely true. Dandruff could be caused by a host of reasons and rather than being a problem, it could be a symptom of other problems with hair health. Let's look at some of the causes:
- Yeast problems on your scalp: If you suffer from extreme dandruff problems during the winter months, it is likely that it is due to the buildup of yeast on your head. Yeast may build up during the winter months and it usually gets resolved when temperatures rise during the summer months.
- Not maintaining your hair regularly: This may come as a surprising element as brushing helps in removing dandruff from your scalp. If you have short hair and don't brush your hair regularly, chances of getting dandruff increase more so. Shampooing also has a similar effect and thus if you don't keep your hair clean, it might end up causing more dandruff.
- Conditions such as Seborrheic dermatitis or other diseases: Dandruff may well be a manifestation of symptoms for other health problems within your body. For example, Seborrheic dermatitis is a condition which may cause your scalp to be irritated and oily and in turn, cause more dandruff. It could also mean you have a Malassezia problem. Malassezia is a fungus that naturally lives in our hair and feeds on the oil, but an overgrowth of these might result in dandruff as well.
- Lifestyle issues such as diet and stress: If you follow a poor diet, mostly consisting of junk and fried foods, and also have a lot of stress, then it may lead to dandruff. In such cases, topical medications or treatments might not work. You will need to correct it by making changes in your lifestyle, one of them following a healthy diet
In all of these cases, it is not just a specific problem, but a symptom of a larger problem that needs to be resolved. Treating the underlying problems will ensure that dandruff goes away too.