Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Squint
Weight Management Treatment
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of H.I.V
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Submit a review for Arogyam HospitalYour feedback matters!
A heart attack makes you rethink and get a double take on life. Once you survive it, you tend to realize how close your brush with death has been and how important your lifestyle choices can be. Most people go on to live a productive life after a heart attack provided they can adhere to making healthy choices. Here's what you can do if you have experienced your first attack and want to change for the better:
- Start at the hospital: A person usually stays in the hospital for 3 days after an attack to monitor their condition. This duration increases if you have complications that involve procedures like a bypass surgery. Your first significant change will come in the form of your medication routine. Your existing dosage may be adjusted and you'll possibly be prescribed newer medicines that will treat and control your symptoms. You'll not only need to know the names of all your medicines, but when you have to take them. It's best you know exactly why you are taking each one of them, if there are other more economic alternatives since this may last a lifetime and what side effects they may have.
- Maintaining your mental health: Once bitten, twice shy applies for heart attack victims too. Not only do they live in a constant worry about another attack, every small symptom like a harmless muscle pull can trigger the fear factor. You also get into the "heart patient" dependent mode based on how much help you need to recover. Check for support groups and other heart attack survivors in your locality to see how they are coping. Read more about your recovery and try to keep a positive frame of mind.
- Go to a cardiac rehab: Many hospitals have a rehabilitation program that you can participate in as an outpatient or you can go to a clinic that specializes in it. Such programs help speed up your recovery. It is run by people who will hand hold you in bringing positive changes in your life to protect and strengthen your heart. You'll learn activities that positively improve heart functions and reduce your chances of developing complications or dying from heart disease. You'll also get benefit from exercises that'll be taught by a certified exercise specialist.
- Make a change in your lifestyle: Quit smoking that is an obvious one. You'll now have to lead a more active lifestyle with daily exercise. You'll also need to actively manage your diabetes and obesity. None of these changes can happen in a day. In fact, behavioral scientists suggest that you need to practice a new activity continuously for twenty one days for it to become a habit.
The glycemic index is a measure of food containing carbohydrates and how it can raise the level of glucose in blood. This is essentially a process where every food is ranked based on a reference food such as white bread. A food with a high GI value increases the level of glucose in the blood compared to a food with a GI that is medium or low. Some of the common examples of food with a low GI include legumes and dried beans. Fats and meats are not included in the index due to the non-availability of carbohydrate in them.
Some common foods with a GI of 55 or less include bread made up of pumpernickel and whole wheat, muesli, oatmeal, bulgur, barley, pasta, yam, lentils, sweet potato, converted rice, corn, non-starchy fruits, and vegetables. A food set with medium GI in the range of 56 to 69 includes quick oats, basmati rice, pita bread and couscous. Some example of foods with high GI value in the range of 70 includes pineapple, russet potato, white bread, macaroni, puffed rice, corn flakes, rice cakes and melons.
What influences GI?
Since GI has nothing to do with fibre and fat, some general findings of the GI count are as follows:
When a food is processed or cooked, the GI tends to increase
More the storage time of the food, the higher is the GI. It is applicable for ready to cook food and frozen food as well.
The higher is the GI count, more the ripeness of a fruit or vegetable.
Converted food items tend to have a lower GI as compared to the original version of the food
What are the other considerations?
While the GI value gives first-hand knowledge about the type of carbohydrate a person is consuming, it is hard of any help when it comes to the amount of carbohydrate intake. Portion size, therefore, still plays an important role for patients suffering from diabetes. The GI count of a food item greatly varies when combined with a food which has higher GI or lower GI for that matter. Nutritious food that is extremely beneficial for the body, tends to have a higher GI count. For instance, the GI count of oatmeal is greater than that of a chocolate.
Which one is more effective?
While there is no hard and fast rule for maintaining the carbohydrate count, an approach that is equally balanced between a GI count and carbohydrate count works best for a patient. Both the type of carbohydrate as well as the count of carbohydrate plays a crucial role in keeping the blood sugar level under control.
I am 44 years male. I am suffering from cough and fever since e week. Dr. Ask me for xray and blood test. The reports are normal. Even I neither smoke nor drink. But every year I face the same problem please help me for that
I have ED and PE problem and my penis became thin and small and it is curvy in middle of the length I used to masturbate allot is it possible to get back my size and? Please help me with that
Sir I am suffering from migraine and from last 1 year I am changed .i can not understand to my self. Every time my thoughts are changed ,happy to sad .sad to happy and having rudly behavior eject time .i thought for die many time .i m unabable to understand and read my own mind or thoughts. please help me .i also lose weight by time travelled. And tell me what is the reason.
My Mother 52 years old having blood sugar since 2009, presently her level is as follows: fasting% - 270 mg/dl pp% - 340 mg/dl requesting you to please suggest the needful as well as her diet chart?
aged 62 wake up in the night and runs outside saying that his breathing is struggling. What is the problem and it's cure.
Rotator cuff is the name given to four muscles and their tendons, which keep your arms in your shoulder sockets, allowing you to lift your arms and do day-to-day stuff like combing your hair, cutting vegetables etc.
The shoulder joint is a very important joint of the body and this is why any tear that happens in the rotator cuff can be devastating.
Tears can happen in rotator cuff due to a number of factors like injury and degeneration due to age. Tears that happen due to an injury to the shoulder are called acute. Degenerative tears are tears that happen due to degeneration of the tendon over time.
Common causes of degeneration are lack of proper blood circulation, which impedes the rotator cuff’s ability to repair itself. Repetitive stress is another cause where we stress the tendon by repeating the same shoulder motions again and again while playing games like tennis, cricket etc. and doing jobs that require us to extend our arms upwards a lot. Lifting heavy objects can also lead to tears.
Chronic shoulder and arm pain are good reasons for you to see your doctor. If you suffer from pain in your shoulder at rest, while sleeping on the affected shoulder or pain while lifting and lowering your arm, then there is no time to wait.
The doctor will do a physical examination by moving your arm in different directions. He may follow it up with X-rays and MRI to check how big the tear is in your rotator cuff.
Once confirmed that you indeed have a rotator cuff tear, your doctor will start the treatment. The goal of any treatment is to reduce pain and make your shoulder joint work properly again.
Nonsurgical treatments include rest, using of a sling to protect the shoulder and modifying your daily activities. This means you may not be able to do activities that cause shoulder pain. Your doctor can also prescribe pain and anti-inflammatory medicines. Strengthening and physical therapy bring up the rear of this type of treatment.
What you must remember is that nonsurgical treatment relieves pain and improves function in the shoulder, but does not improve shoulder strength. The size of your tear may also increase over time.
Surgery, which attaches the rotator cuff to your bone, is done if you suffer from continuous pain and symptoms over a year or so. If you have a large tear, conservative treatments will not work and surgery will have to be resorted to.
If you have been suffering from chronic shoulder or arm pain, waiting and watching is definitely not an option. You must visit an orthopedic surgeon at the earliest. Remember, if treatment is not started soon enough, your rotator cuff tear will get larger and will require only surgery.
Physiotherapy and sleep paralysis have a deep connection when you have to treat sleep paralyses the intelligent way. To discover the benefits of physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis, let's get a clear understanding of sleep paralyses first and then the role of physiotherapy.
What is sleep paralysis and its common causes?
Sleep paralysis is a sleeping disorder, its symptoms are such that you suddenly feel in the middle of the night or in mid sleep that you can't move, react, talk, etc. and feel that your body has frozen. This immobility is accompanied with frightful or eerie visions or sounds, which are not the reality and you still hallucinate.
This is often caused because of the following reasons, which are considered common causes of sleep paralysis:
- A medical condition called narcolepsy
- No fixed time of sleeping and waking, thus creating imbalance in sleep patterns
- Inadequate sleep through the 24 hours
- Excessive stress and workload
- Alcohol consumption or drug abuse
- A bad diet like heavy meals at night before bedtime
- Extreme caffeine consumption
If any of these things are common, you may get a sleep paralysis.
Physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis:
If it is a one night episode, you will eventually forget this. However, in case you are a victim every night or frequently, you may need some good remedies. Medications may not suit all, but physiotherapy is a safe mode of treatment, which suits all and people of all ages. That is why try physiotherapy for sleep paralysis at home or by going to a nearest physiotherapy center or expert.
How physiotherapy helps
Physiotherapy has some unique benefits like:
- It brings a balance in blood circulation through the body, which helps in lowering the blood pressure, normalize mood, reduce stress, and makes the blood flow to the body organs and brain better, thus inducing a good night's sleep.
- The exercise induced on to the body through physiotherapy has a dual effect. It makes the muscles workout, and induces the massage effect too. This makes the muscles more mobile, and brings warmth on the tissues. That is why exercising before bedtime can help you get a very peaceful sleep without fearful dreams and interferences of sleep paralysis attacks.
- You get a better mood due to increased blood circulation and the feeling of well-being due to the agile and worked out muscles. This good mood and satisfaction after a nice physiotherapy session sometime before you sleep lets the serotonin or happiness and satisfaction hormone build up in the body and brain. This makes you sleep without stress and in a nice mood thus resisting sleep paralysis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I have 102 fever. I have consulted from doctor. But forget to ask. What to eat/avoid in fever. Please advise me some food to eat in fever.
Please suggest a good vitamin e and vitamin c cream for oily skin.(good cream either separate creams or both vitamin in same cream)
I have a pea size lump in my right testicle, since 3 years, no pain in day today life but when I little bit press the lump, there is a slight pain in it.
Hello I am male 25 years old. One day I got some stomach problem with small bowels with difficulty many times. From that time I observe some erection problems. With in this I masturbate 3 to 4 times but after the 4th time one day the penis do not erect. I consulted many online and they said wait for few days and do walking. All is well after that they told. For few days the penis is in thinner and small after that it slowly gets normal position but when I got sexual thoughts and watching porn the penis size increases but no hardness and movement and there is no masturbation from 15 days. Is this erectile dysfunction and why it happens. I still have bowel problem and go with difficulty (always feel some bowel remains at rectum)) is this the problem for my ed.
There is a problem in my anus it started to pain, itching and some portion of my anus become hot. Soon came out after fresh from the bathroom .This happen to me from last few days. I am really afraid is this the symptoms of piles? please refer some medicine from which I can cure..
Skin allergies are one of the many different skin conditions that may impact you. At a basic level, skin allergies are an allergic reaction to a normally harmless substance.
Your immune system normally fights a foreign substance and removes it from your body. When the immune system sees a substance as foreign and reacts, you can develop an allergic skin rash When your body interacts with one of the triggers mentioned below, you develop a reaction to the trigger that most others do not and you end up with symptoms.
Common Signs & Symptoms of Skin Allergy
When you experience a skin allergy, you might experience a combination of the following:
What are symptoms of HIV AIDS? And which treatment will me helpful? And how long will take the medicine.
When a man is thinking about getting it on, he might be thinking about the pleasure involved - but there are benefits to intimacy that go far beyond what he might experience during those moments of bliss. In fact, penis health is vastly improved by greater intimacy, as is overall health. Here are ten good reasons why a man should make intimacy a priority - and it goes well beyond simply looking toward good penis care.
1. Intimacy lowers blood pressure. Recent studies have shown that those who have regular relations with a partner also have much lower diastolic blood pressure than those who are not sexually active.
2. Aggressive intimacy burns calories. Want to burn at least 200 calories? A good romp in the sack can do it. Just make sure to keep going for more than 30 minutes or so to get the best benefits - something a partner probably will not mind at all!
3. Stress lowers, happiness goes up. Sexual activity releases endorphins and other great hormones that lower the levels of stress, thus lessening the debilitating effects of that stress. In turn, happiness levels rise.
4. Immunity gets better. Those who want a stronger immune system should aim to have sex at least once per week. During a good session, the body increases production of immunoglobulin A, which creates a healthier immune system and thus helps the body fight off diseases.
5. It's an antihistamine. Those who suffer from allergies or asthma sometimes find that a good romp will lead to much easier breathing. It's believed that the body releases natural antihistamines during intimacy, which leads to an easier time for the lungs.
6. Heart attacks are less likely. A British study found that those who have intimate relations with a partner at least twice per week are much less likely to suffer a heart attack. In addition, the activity keeps other cardiac issues at bay, such as high blood pressure (as previously mentioned).
7. Sex protects against prostate cancer. When it comes to penis health, there's no doubt that regular sex is best. Those who ejaculate at least 21 times per month have a much lower incidence of prostate cancer than those who get off about 7 times per month. If that fun is had with a partner, many other benefits come into play, so it's a good idea to get busy!
8. Sleep is much better. There has long been that old joke about a man getting off, rolling over and falling asleep almost immediately. There's actually some truth to that: an orgasm releases oxytocin, which induces sleepiness and makes it easier to relax. However, it's important to make sure that both partners have that same dose of oxytocin, so that one doesn't sleep while the other stays awake and annoyed.
9. Bonding and self-esteem increase. In the aftermath of sex, bonding between the two people involved tends to be heightened, thanks to the release of oxytocin. However, self-esteem also goes up. Whether it's from the bonding or from the sexual event itself, no one really knows - but it doesn't matter. It's still a good feeling that deserves to be repeated over and over!
10. It's a natural painkiller. The body releases endorphins during sex. These feel-good hormones can help alleviate pain. Those who suffer from headaches, arthritis, minor aches and pains and even women with menstrual cramps might notice that those aches go away during and after intimacy - and tend to stay away for quite some time.
To make the most of penis health and intimacy, a man wants to be prepared for anything. This can be assured by using a top-notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A guy should look for a crème that contains L-arginine, an amino acid known for helping blood vessels dilate, which can in turn help with erections. A crème that contains vitamin C is helpful as well, as it provides the support for collagen that is necessary for optimum firmness.
Every man cares about good penis health. He will go to great lengths to ensure that his sexual health is in the best condition possible, and that includes the basics of penis care - keeping the private regions clean, well-tended and moisturized, as well as protected during any sexual encounters.
But when a man has looked over all the potential penis health tips and simply wants to do something more to ensure the best health possible, this list can help. It's filled with some of the stranger penis health ideas that can lead a man into the best sexual health of his life.
Strange penis health tips
Need to do something more to make sure the penis is ready for action? Here are a few things to consider.
1. Take a long walk. Though men are probably aware that regular exercise is one of the keys to ensuring good overall health, it also pays to take care of the penis through gentle activity. A good walk of at least two miles per day can result in a 50% decrease in the chances of erectile dysfunction.
2. Get a vasectomy. Sometimes men face sexual health problems because they have serious anxiety. This is especially true if a man has decided he doesn't want children, or he already has more than enough kids to handle. In that case, getting snipped can be an excellent idea. It reduces anxiety, ups the relaxation level and of course, leads to a more active sex life.
3. Stop cheating. Speaking of anxiety, few things can make a man feel more nervous than the prospect of his wife finding out about his mistress. That kind of anxiety can affect a man's performance in bed. Besides that, there is the fact that being with more than one partner increases the risk of sexually transmitted diseases.
4. Avoid cowgirl. Though it's one of the most amazing sexual positions a man can enjoy, it can also lead to a serious problem - one that involves fracturing (ouch!) of the penis. When the penis slips out of a partner and hits the pubic bone, it can be best described as running full-tilt into the trunk of a tree - the tree has the same density as that bone does. Since cowgirl is the position that most often leads to this devastating injury, if a man does indulge, he should encourage his partner not to get too wild.
5. Test the blood sugar. Among the reasons that a man might have trouble getting it up, diabetes is at the top of the list. In fact, uncontrolled diabetes can cause so much damage to the smaller blood vessels of the body that erectile dysfunction can become the norm, not the exception. To counter the problem, get regular physicals, know the signs of diabetes and conduct a blood sugar test from time to time to ensure things are where they should be.
6. Yawn like crazy. Sure, it sounds nuts, but yawning is actually good for the body and the penis. Why? A yawn is triggered by nitric oxide, which is the same chemical that triggers erections. When the brain releases nitric oxide, it can affect either breathing or erections - or both. That's why it's good to create more of it! Therefore, yawning more often will increase the release of nitric oxide, which in turn can lead to longer or firmer erections. It's a win-win all around.
In addition to these strange penis health scenarios, a man should keep things simple on a daily basis with a great penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème that contains several important nutrients, such as retinol for odor-fighting properties, pantothenic acid for healthy tissue, and vitamin C for better elasticity of the penis. A plethora of vitamins and nutrients in a Shea butter base, enhanced with vitamin E for further hydration, can help ensure maximum penis health.