Hip Replacement Surgery
Computed Corneal Topography Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Computerised Traction Procedure
Column Traumatology Procedure
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Custom Splinting Bracing Procedure
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Submit a review for Arogyam HospitalYour feedback matters!
Melasma is a common skin problem where the skin becomes patchy brown, tan, or there is blue grey facial skin discoloration. It is also known as chloasma or mask of pregnancy. It occurs in women during the reproductive years and occurs rarely in men. It is primarily related to external sun exposure, external hormones like birth control pills and internal hormonal changes seen during pregnancy. Women with Melasma have a history of daily or intermittent sun exposure.
- Symptoms of Melasma: Melasma causes patches of discoloration, which are darker than typical skin colour. It occurs symmetrically with matching marks on both sides of face. It normally appears on the upper cheeks, upper lip, forehead and chin. It can also occur on the other areas of one's body which are often exposed to sun. Skin discoloration is not physically harmful, but it can affect the self-confidence of a person. Darker skinned individuals are more at risk as compared to fair skinned individuals. Melasma is associated with oestrogen and progesterone sensitivity, thus it can be triggered by birth control pills, pregnancy and hormone therapy. In few cases, stress and thyroid disease can also cause Melasma. Women taking hormone replacement therapy during menopause are also at high risk of getting Melasma
- Diagnosis of Melasma: A visual exam of the affected area is sufficient to diagnose Melasma. The doctor will perform the wood's lamp examination that uses ultraviolet (UV) light to look at the skin closely. However, the doctor may perform a biopsy to check for any serious skin conditions.
- Treatment of Melasma: When Melasma is caused by pregnancy or birth control pills, it disappears on its own. One can use creams containing hydroquinone or prescribed topical steroids, which can lighten the tone of the affected areas. Other options include chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion which will remove the upper layers of skin and help lighten dark patches. In cases of severe Melasma, doctor may suggest laser treatments to remove the dark pigment.
It is quite possible that Melasma will clear up with treatment, there are things one must do to not to aggravate the condition and minimize appearance of the discoloration. These include usage of makeup to cover areas of discoloration, wearing sunscreen daily or wearing a hat with wide brim to provide shade to the face. The patients with Melasma are known to be at a lesser risk for Melanoma. Even if Melasma disappears, it can strike back especially if preventive measures regarding exposure to sun are not followed. Resolution with strict sun avoidance and topical bleaching creams can take sufficient time and patients should expect slow, but gradual lightening. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Angina or angina pectoris is the pain, discomfort or tightness in the chest that occurs when the blood flow to the heart muscle cells is not enough to meet its energy needs. It is not a disease itself but rather a symptom of the coronary heart disease.
What are the different types of angina?
1. Stable angina: It is the commonest form of angina. It can be triggered by stress or physical activity and usually only lasts a few minutes.
2. Unstable angina: It happens when you're resting or aren't very active. The pain is strong and long lasting, and may keep recurring. It may be a signal of an impending heart attack.
3. Variant angina: This might take place when you're asleep or at rest. This sudden tightening or narrowing of the heart's arteries causes a lot of pain.
How u know what your are experiencing is an angina pain?
You might be having angina pain if you suffer from one or more of these symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Pain in your arm, neck, jaw and back
- Numbness or loss of feeling in your arms, shoulders or wrists
Immediate Relief from Angina
If previously advised by a certified doctor, patients can take antiplatelet medicines which are blood thinners and prevent unstable angina. Final treatments include angioplasty (repair of a blocked blood vessel through surgery), insertion of a coronary artery stent (a tube that is used to treat weakened arteries) or a heart bypass surgery for serious complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
My penis not get erection and when I lay down on bed with stomach side sperm comes out from my penis when I put pressure on it. Please help me ,I am very tensed.
How to get rid of night falls that occurs almost everyday? I have been suffering this from 3 years. Due to this I have lost my weight. sometimes burning sensation occurs. It effects my study also. Please tell me what should I do for this.
I am suffering from fever, food allergy will be there little bit of head ache and vomit will be happen three times.
Erectile dysfunction refers to the situation when a man has difficulty in getting a firm erection or an erection, which is required to achieve sexual penetration. Several cases of erectile dysfunction can cause impotency in a man.
- A problem in the blood flow, proper hormone secretion and nervous supply in the body may cause erectile dysfunction.
- Erectile dysfunction also happens due to vascular causes along with neurological causes.
- Arthrosclerosis is a disease which often leads to erectile dysfunction. This disease is commonly caused because of smoking and diabetes. The arteries to the penis become narrow and clogged and erectile dysfunction occurs.
- Neuropathy caused due to diabetes, known as diabetic neuropathy, is a primary neurological cause of erectile dysfunction. Nerve damage on account of surgery around the pelvis area may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- High blood pressure or hypertension damages arteries all over the vascular system. Blood flow is impaired and proper erection is prohibited, which signifies erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction also happens due to physical causes such as:
- High cholesterol and obesity
- Parkinson's disease and multiple cases of sclerosis
- Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and substance abuse
- Disorder in anatomy or structure of the penis
- Surgical complications
- Several prescribed medicines may also lead to erectile dysfunction because of reactions and side effects.
Erectile dysfunction may also result due to several psychological causes:
- Depression makes a person uninterested in sex due to lower libido and may cause erectile dysfunction.
- A large amount of stress, fear, tension or anxiety may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Many men suffer from performance anxiety and feelings of sexual failure. This may result in erectile dysfunction.
- Poor communication with a partner or pressure from partner regarding sex may also cause erectile dysfunction.
Homeopathic Remedies For Impotency (erectile dysfunction):
- Agnus Castus: Homeopathic medicine Agnus Castus is used in cases where there is complete inability to attain penile erection during the sexual act. Homeopathic medicine Agnus Castus can be used in cases of erectile dysfunction and sexual weakness where the male has a mental aversion to indulge in sex, along with decreased physical strength.
- Caladium: Homeopathic medicine Caladium is of great help for treatment of erectile dysfunction when the male is unable to have an erection despite having a sexual desire or urge.
- Lycopodium: Homeopathic medicine Lycopodium is of great help for both young people and elderly people suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- Tribulus Terrestris: The main indication for using Homeopathic medicine Tribulus Terrestris is the presence of urinary troubles along with erectile Dysfunction.
- Nuphar Luteum: Homeopathic medicine Nuphar Luteum can be beneficial for all those males with erectile Dysfunction in whom the desire to indulge in sexual activity is totally absent. There is no sexual desire with relaxed genitalia.
Erectile dysfunction affects the self-esteem and confidence of a man as he is unable to have sex. Necessary measures should be taken to cure erectile dysfunction.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The towel hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
Vitamin d deficiency is caused when your body does not get enough exposure to the sun that is the primary source of vitamin d for your body. It is crucial for the health of your bones, skin and neurological system, therefore, its deficiency may lead to a number of problems and risks such as rickets, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis etc.
Here is a list of four symptoms that can help you to identify if you suffer from a deficiency of vitamin d.
1. Bone pain and muscle weakness
Adults who suffer from a deficiency of vitamin d feel a lot of achiness and pain in the bones and muscles of their body. Also, they are troubled with joint stiffness and fatigue that lowers the overall quality of their life.
2. Fits of sadness and grief
Exposure to the sun (and hence, vitamin d) improves the level of the neurotransmitter serotonin in your body that is responsible for lifting your spirits. However, deficiency of vitamin d prevents you from having a more positive outlook towards life. So, another symptom that can help you identify that your body is deficient in vitamin d is that you've got a lot of blues.
3. A lot of head sweat
If your head sweats a lot, you can be assured that you suffer from an acute deficiency of vitamin d. Head sweating is another prominent symptom associated with vitamin d deficiency.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.