Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Artificial Eye Procedures
Sex Addiction Counselling
Wilson's Disease Treatment
Well Woman Healthcheck
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Submit a review for Apex HospitalYour feedback matters!
After a long drive got neck pain and upper back issue. Have a desk job so the issue is not going easily. Movement of neck brings along a lot of pain. Going through physio (IFT, Tens, traction, Heating) for last two months and still very slow recovery. Most of the time pain seems to start at different positions of the back. For job using proper care of Laptop height sitting straight etc. Also doing exercise as recommended by physio every 3-4 times a day. What more should I do. He also recommended to join swimming classes. What should I do as I am still in lot of pain.
Hlo mam m 30 years old married girl I want to ask you kya periods me 4th day k baad 3 din karne se pregnancy ho sakti h coz 2 din se I want to eat spicy food please tell me.
1) Period k kitne din bad ovulation date aati hain? 13 din bad ya 14 din bad 2) ovulation date k 2 din aage or 2 din bad sex karne se male pregnancy aaskti Hain? 3) ovulation date k din hi sex karne se male pregnancy aata Hain?
I have hair fall problem from last 4 yrs. I have been taking treatment from many doctors but there is no reasonable effect. So please suggest me.
Hello doctor, age 24 from Hyderabad. I'm working as medical representative. I'm facing with hair problem. I lost many hair they become very thin when compare to last 3 yrs. Please suggest me something which I can do.
My problem is excessive wind formation in stomach and urge to shit many times. I have been taking self medication, like entire quenol, nizonide O,
My friend has a stone in kidney she is 20 years girl she getting unconscious in college at abdomen part hard pain was there she is in a danger suggest a medicine and home remedies to dissolve stone or to bring out stone through urine is there any medicine some of doctors saying that it should be cleared only by operation.
I am facing the problem of hair fall from 6-7 month and because of that my forehead has got broadened. I feel itching, irritation and sometimes pain in my scalp. What should I too to gain it back n stop this naturally.
Me and my gf having physical relationship without any using prevention. She will get pregnant or not?
My wife's vagina get infected after sex. Give me complete solution. She is worried always and she said that this happened for me. How I understand her my feelings.
Marriage is a very tricky relationship. On one hand, you are happy to have found that one person you want to spend the rest of your life with and on the other, you are overwhelmed with the number of people that are going to be a part of your new family. While this is true for both people in the marriage, a lot would depend on the final living situation. It is a different experience if the couple is going to be staying in close proximity to their families as compared to when all the family members are living together under the same roof.
There are mixed feelings of anxiety and curiosity, especially if it is an arranged marriage, where the number of interactions with your partner itself are limited. With the changing scenario in relationships, there are some families (extended family) who you end up meeting only during family occasions.
Also, the relationship dynamics with the in-laws changes for the couple. Let us look deeper into how different it is for the everyone and how to manage them.
In most situations in Indian marriages, the woman moves into her husband’s place, thereby, there is an increase in the number of people she interacts with. If it is a love marriage, the chance of meeting the immediate family members are always high. However, in more formal set-ups, the woman would have hardly interacted with her spouse’s family members. In these cases, understanding their expectations and living up to them is a big challenge. In these cases, it is essential for the members of the family to effectively communicate with each other and discuss the issues at hand. This helps in setting and aligning expectations.
- With changing lifestyle trends, the expectations have also changed, both for the woman and her new family. It is therefore very essential to understand the little things that form a part of a daily routine.
- It is also very important to set expectations on special occasions like festivals and family functions, as the expectations are high and the chance of disappointment is also higher.
- For the man, again, it depends on how the set-up is after the marriage. If the families know each other, the interaction is much smoother or else, it takes some time for all the people involved to get to know each other.
All said and done, both have to be mentally prepared to embrace the new members that come with the relationship. Talking to a common friend or even acounsellor can help, if required. The key is to set and manage expectations so that disappointments are avoided.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke.
Bone cancer is a cancerous tumour in the bone, destroying the normal bone tissues. Tumours on bone tissues are not always cancerous or malignant, they are mostly benign. Primary bone cancer is when the malignant tumour begins to form in the tissues of the bones, but when these cancerous cells spread to other body parts like breasts, prostate or lungs, it is called metastatic cancer. Primary bone cancer is less common than metastatic cancer.
Bone cancer can be of three different types:
Osteosarcoma: In this case, the malignant tumour arises from the osteoid bone tissue. This occurs mainly in the upper arm and knee areas.
Chondrosarcoma: In this case the cancerous cells form in the cartilaginous tissues, causing a lot of pain. This occurs mostly in the pelvic area.
The Ewing sarcoma generally arises in the bone but it can also form in the soft tissues. Other kinds of soft tissues affecting cancerous cells are known as soft tissue sarcomas.
There aren’t many clear defined causes; however, several factors have been identified by researchers.
Osteosarcoma is seen to occur more frequently in people who have been through a high external radiation therapy dose.
In people who have frequently been treated with anticancer medications, children tend to be most affected.
Heredity may be an adding cause, although the percentage of hereditary transfer of cancer cells is very low.
People with hereditary bone defects or implants have a higher chance of acquiring bone cancer.
The most common and saddening symptom of bone cancer is painful, although not all bone cancers cause pain. Unusual or persistent swelling or pain around a bone maybe a red flag for bone cancer. In case of a situation like this, immediate doctor’s opinion is required.
Usually, diagnosis of a bone cancer can be made using X-rays; for example, a bone scan, a computed tomography scan, a magnetic imaging procedure—positron emission tomography, and an angiogram. Biopsy and blood tests are also helpful in bone cancer diagnosis.
The size, location and stage of cancer, age, and health of the person decide the kind of treatment that should be given to the patient. Various treatment options include chemotherapy, radiation therapy and cryosurgery.
The combined survival rate of all sorts of bone cancers is 70%. This percentage may vary with the type of bone cancer and also its stage.
The medication that we usually take is composed of varied kinds of chemicals; these medicines cure all sorts of ailments, given that with every passing day, a new breakthrough in the field of medicine takes place. While the medication cures most of our ailments, they can also cause side effects.
Principles of Homeopathy-
Homeopathy is based on two major principles. Firstly, the medication is based on the principle that substances inducing certain symptoms in healthy individuals are the ones that can cure the same symptoms in a diseased individual. Another important principle is that, only a little amount of medication is required to trigger the healing process in our body. Hence the major advantage of homeopathy is that it cures the disorders and has no side effects. Homeopathy offers the perfect and natural medications to heal our bodies from various ailments.
However, the disadvantage of this kind of medication is that it is a slow and steady process, and the healing process takes time. However, like any other medication, there are certain precautions that should be taken.
Precautions to be taken while on a homeopathic treatment-
While on homeopathic medication, it is advised to avoid having, tea, coffee, aerated drinks, or using medicated soaps, strong scented hair oils, toothpastes or tooth powders.
Also, having onion, garlic, pickles, radish may render the treatment useless.
One should avoid medicinal herbs, castor oil and other saline purgatives.
Strictly avoid touching the homeopathic medicines; do not take onto your palm before taking it, as handling of medicines reduces the potency of the medicines. It also spoils the medicines by exposing it to unhygienic conditions. Always take the medicines by using the cap of the medicine bottle or a plain paper. If you are going to use a paper then see to it that it does not contain any print. As ink can also spoil the medicine.
It is useful to avoid milk and milk products for the medication to be effective. If these precautions are not taken, individuals might end up having diabetes, kidney problems, and high blood pressure in the long run.
It is advised not to skip meals while on homeopathy medications. Individuals should at least eat fruits like bananas and oranges.
Doctors suggest that when individuals start feeling better after the course of the treatment, the dose should be stopped.
Food should not be eaten in a 30-minute span before and after taking the medicine.
Another important precaution is not to keep the medicines in the open. They should be kept in a cool place and should be concealed.
All sorts of addictions should be avoided.
Though some foods do not expire, but it is advisable not to consume certain foods once they have expired.
- Eggs: Eggs contain large amounts of nutrients per calorie. They are a cheap and tasty source of protein. It is no big surprise that they have turned into a breakfast staple; yet in case that you are eating an egg that is past its expiry date, do reconsider. These are the most widely recognized reasons for food-borne illnesses.
- Meat: Bacteria are common in both pre-packaged meats, and in the pieces you take from your butcher at the market. The listeria bacteria are especially hazardous, as the type of harm it causes can be lethal in most of the cases. From a general outlook, it is best to avoid processed meat.
- Mixed greens: Mixed greens including spinach, arugula, spring blend, bundled plate of mixed greens lettuce and other veggies do not keep extremely well after their due date. So if their withered appearance and disgusting covering does not turn you off, think about the bacteria and pathogens hiding underneath your sandwich bread.
- Hay sprouts: It is important that you use them rapidly once you get them, since they tend to be bacteria magnets. Truth be told, hay pulls in a greater number of germs than other vegetables, particularly in case you abandon them unrefrigerated.
- Clams/oysters: Bad oysters can be fatal. This is based on the type of microscopic organisms that develop in spoiled oysters. It is known as V. vulnificus. It causes an extreme type of food poisoning. V. vulnificus bacteria affects the circulatory system, sending the body into a septic shock.
- Shrimp: Much like clams and shellfish, shrimps are extremely inclined to bacterial contaminations. It is not to be consumed after a while since it can lead to food poisoning or diarrhea.
- Crude ground beef: E. coli bacteria are the most basic reason for food poisoning. These bacteria originate from the animal’s digestive systems and are available in all hamburger items. In case that the hamburger is prepared and taken care of securely, it will not turn into a problem.
- Berries: When berries turn sour, they pull in extensive amounts of cyclospora, a kind of bacteria that leads to food poisoning. While this sort of food poisoning is not as harmful as some others, it is something you definitely need to stay away from.
- Soft cheese: With hard cheeses, similar to cheddar, it is regularly safe to remove the external edges and eat the soft cheese underneath. However, this practice does not reach out to soft cheeses, similar to brie. In case you are discovering mold on the edges of your soft cheese, do not eat it. You may end up with an infection.
- Chicken: Poultry items, including chicken tend to cause the maximum harm in case that they are not taken care of and cooked properly. Undercooked and old chicken can be very unsafe for health.
According to Ayurveda, skin problems arise due to imbalance in the tridoshas, which is vata, pitta and kapha. People having a vata constitution are the ones who possess dry and dull skin. While a healthy diet is necessary for a beautiful skin, here are some natural herbs that are considered excellent for keeping the skin clean and clear.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood or chandan is a very useful Ayurvedic herb which helps in skin lightening. It is generally used in the treatment of several skin conditions such as acne, scrapes, blemishes, rashes and many others. It is a good remedy for itchy skin. Sandalwood leaves a cooling effect on the skin after external application. It also calms the body after exposure to the sun. Sandalwood powder can be used in the form of a lotion, soap or paste meant for hydrating and cleansing the skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is renowned for its blood purifying properties and gives a natural glow to the skin along with enhanced radiance. Turmeric consists of anti ageing and antibacterial properties and is used in cases of several skin diseases. Turmeric helps in reducing acne, blemishes, pigmentation and skin inflammation. It helps in slowing down the ageing process of the skin. You can apply turmeric paste on your face in the form of a facial.
- Aloe Vera: This herb is commonly used in beauty products. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and cooling properties and is an ideal herb for skin care. Aloe Vera treats skin conditions such as pimples, acne, burns, infections, rashes, allergies, blisters, insect bites and dry skin. Aloe Vera gel provides skin protection and helps in cooling, which reduces any inflammation. Sunburns are also treated by this wonderful herb.
- Saffron or Kesar: This herb is a very effective skin whitening agent and can be used along with olive oil for the purpose of lightening the skin. Kesar can also be applied to the skin by mixing it with milk and olive oil.
- Kumkumadi Oil: This oil is very useful for making skin fairer. This oil is made by the combination of sixteen Ayurvedic ingredients and also helps in removal of marks and prevents skin tanning. This oil can be applied to the skin directly.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is an ideal skin coolant and also contains antiseptic properties. It provides great skin nourishment. Having anti ageing properties, it makes you look younger and treats fine lines and wrinkles as well.
- Basil: Basil or tulsi has antiseptic properties, acts as a natural astringent and makes the skin fresh.
Your eyes are one of the most important sense organs, which help in perceiving up to 80 percent of all major impressions. All your important daily activity like reading, internet surfing, driving etc are done with the help of your eyes. You should never take your eyes for granted. There are many ways in which you can take care of your eyes to ensure that you see and experience the world at its very best.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking makes you vulnerable to a majority of health related problems. When it comes to the health of your eyes, smoking can place you at a risk of uveitis (inflammation of the middle layer of your eye which includes ciliary body, iris and choroid) and cataracts (clouding of the lens in your eyes leading to a blurry vision).
- Wear sunglasses: Proper sunglasses can protect you from the harmful ultra violet (UV) rays of the sun. You should still use sunglasses even if your contact lenses offer UV protection. Too much of UV rays can cause pingeucula (yellow bump on the eyeball) and other serious eye problems. Polarized lenses can help to give your eyes proper protection while driving.
- Screen time: Minimize the amount of time staring at the computer screen as it can cause
- Eye strain
- Dry eyes
- Head ache
- Back and shoulder pain
- Anti- Glare: Use an anti-glare screen on your computer at work so that the strain and pressure on your eyes are less.
- Regular exercise: Exercise such as walking can prevent degeneration of the macula (present in the center of the retina in your eyes) which typically occurs by the time you reach the age of 60.
- Don't Ignore: You should look at changes in your vision as an early warning sign. The changes would include difficulty to see in low light, hazy and double vision, along with abnormal swelling and severe pain in your eyes.
You should visit your eye doctor for check ups at least once every two years. Eye diseases like diabetic retinopathy have no early warning symptoms and can only be diagnosed through a comprehensive eye exam. You should also ensure that the prescription for your contact lenses and eye glasses are up to date.