Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajnikanthYour feedback matters!
I have skin disease for last two years and have tried a lot of medicines including anti fungals etc. It gives me temporary relaxation but after some time it occurs again. I must mention here that this problem is only around my private part.
I have big red spots on my hands, face, tongue, legs. Sometime there is pus coming from it. What should I do?
I have eI have a bird in my home. The bird bite me today between nail and skin in the smallest finger of my right hand. One drop blood comes from the skin. I washed my skin with liquid dettol hand wash and applied antiseptic dettol with cotton on the skin Is this enough or should I do anything else. I have a bird in my home The bird bite me today between nail and skin in the smallest finger of my right hand.
I am getting fever and some rashes r growing in my face and my hand. I am getting week. What type of syndrome is it?
Which oil is better to heal skin cuts - mustard oil or coconut oil? Also which ensures minimal scarring?
My skin is oily. My age is 36. I want to know which cream should I use according to my age and skin. Since 2 yes I am not using creams regularly. Pls suggest me correct cream to use it daily.
I am a thyroid patient. Lately am having skin problems. On showing it to doctor it was told it is due to thyroid. Is it possible to have severe skin problems due to thyroid?
Doctor I have a after pimple scars on my face how ill I get it clean sir face colour skin also became dull how ill I recover doctor I have use more water daily brown rice cucumber carrot beetroot eggs chicken fish some fruit juices but its not recover doctor.
I am 53 years old. I have problem of deep pigmentation on my face. On both the cheek big black spots are there. I tried creams suggested by dermatologists in visakhapatnam. But the problem is still remains same. Pl suggest suitable treatment for my problem.
I have been getting dark marks on skin after mosquito bites and even like scratch or a wound. Is this because of some kind of deficiency? Should I worried?
I am facing the problem Post inflammation hyperpigmentation due to ance How much time will it require to cure completely.
I have freckles and open pores on my face. I am pure vegetarian so I need a homeopathic medicines which will cure my freckles and open pores really fast and permanently plus I also want that the medicine should not include any animal oil or skin. please help.
Sir, My skin very rough and become Oily very soon. So my question is what I can do for reduce oil. Thanks
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.