Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RajnikanthYour feedback matters!
I am a male. My skin was dark. Sometimes when I apply some home remedial method on face I glows. But after sometime it return to same position as before. So please me some remedies which are natural and have some effect on my face.
I have skin disease at buttocks since year ago. I tried skin creams like clobeta GM but it didn't worked. Sometime it heals very good but in short time it appears. Can you suggest me cream or any medicine with more power?
Sir Suggest me a best face scrub with no side effects? Nd also suggest a natural product for dark circle?
Hlo sir, I want to ask a question about my face darkness. I have dark spots on my face so please hlp to remove.
For e. G I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 month but didn't see any change what should I do?
My face gets red I just use fair and lovely men's facewash now it heals but Now onwards I m using melas soap is it good for my face skin or it would harm.
I have more than 4 years but some time only fissure in anal, always I feel pain and some time only bleedings come, I had take lot and lot of medicines and syrup nothing will solve, always I feel uneasy , when I go to hospital doctor says your problem is small not a major, they give the medicine when I take few month only no problem then again come, so tell me a proper way of medicines.
My face has got many blemishes and marks and is getting dull day by day please suggest some remedy by which I can get my skin glowing.
I am 18years old male and want to get more fair in skin. What should I do? Or which is the best Fairness cream?
I have black spots on my back and in my chest what should I do to get rid of it? can you suggest me some medicine?
I have dark spot on my nose in both side. How can I remove this I also want to know the cause of appearance.
I used kozimax cream on morning and salicylic acid gel (sebonac) at night dermatologist recommended me these creams and they are effective my skin look little bit good after using these creams but I heard that these typ of cream may harm your skin if we use as a long term but I want to use these cream as my daily routine so is this safe?
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a form of digestive disorder, which affects the lower oesophageal sphincters or the muscle ring present between the stomach and the food pipe. GERD incorporates the return of the contents of the stomach back to the oesophagus or food pipe. The functioning of the lower oesophageal sphincter is disrupted.
Causes: Hiatal hernia is a common cause of GERD. An unhealthy lifestyle and diet may also lead to GERD. Intake of an excess amount of chocolates, fried food, coffee or alcohol triggers the chance of a reflux. GERD also occurs in obese people and pregnant women.
Symptoms: Heartburn, also known as acid indigestion, is the primary symptom of GERD. The affected person may feel a burning chest pain which starts from behind the breastbone and reaches up to the throat. The feeling can be defined as food coming back to the throat with a bitter, acidic taste. The burning sensation may last as long as two hours.
Other symptoms include:
- Excess saliva secretion
- Chronic conditions of sore throat
- Gum inflammation
- Tooth cavities
- Unpleasant breath
In order to diagnose GERD, several tests may be conducted . They are:
- An X-Ray of the upper part of the digestive system.
- Endoscopy to examine the inner part of the oesophagus.
- Ambulatory acid test for monitoring the amount of acid within the oesophagus.
- An oesophageal impedance test to measure substance movement inside the oesophagus.
- A person must make several changes to his daily lifestyle and diet plan for treatment of GERD.
- Food and beverages like chocolates, fatty food, coffee, alcohol and peppermint should be avoided in order to reduce the weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter. Several food items irritate the damaged oesophageal lining and should also be avoided. They include citrus fruits, tomato and pepper.
- Smoking cigarettes results in weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter and should be stopped to reduce GERD.
- One should elevate the head of the bed on which he or she sleeps on blocks measuring 6 inches. This reduces the heartburn as gravity minimizes stomach reflux to return to the oesophagus.
- Over the counter medicines can be used to cure GERD. Antacids are a good example and neutralize the acid in the oesophagus and stomach, reducing heartburn. Combining antacids with foaming agents is also effective. A foam barrier is formed over the stomach, preventing the occurrence of acid reflux.
- Medicines for reducing acid in the stomach are prescribed in cases of chronic GERD, which include H2 blockers by the likes of cimetidine, famotidine or nizatidine.
GERD is a digestive disorder, which causes disruption in digestion, as reflux from the stomach is returned to the oesophagus. Proper treatment measures should be taken. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.