Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Submit a review for Aditi HospitalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from headache, pain in eyes, back pain and little fever for 4 days I avoid alopathic treatment so I did take just a paracetamol but feeling weakness and headache, back pain today I have tested my CBC and typhoid. I am sharing my cbc report typhoid is normal laboratory person said some infection has found in blood please check and suggest something how infection happens. Thanks in advance CBC Report Hb 12.6 TLC - 9450 DLC- polymorph-74% Lymphocyte-20% eosinophil- 02% monocyte- 04% basophil- 00% Total Rbc Count- 3.75 Platelets count- 169000 M.c.h.c- 33.1 P.c.v -37.8 M.c.v -82.1.
Last few days I have low pain in seating area (hip) so please gate me information why there is pain.
I am suffering from back pain. I thought it recovered automatically but it not recovered so what will I do.
Hey doctor. I feel pain running through my right shoulder to full hand. Moreover my back near waist is also painfully now. I was unable to sleep last night because of pain in my hand. It feels like my any nerves has misplaced. I don't know. What's wrong. Ease help. Me doctor.
I have swelling in my right feet and left hands and also in near the eyes and dimple coming when I press it.
What is chemical peeling? Does it realy work to make skin fairer? How many times can we do it to make skin best? Does it give us temporary results or permanent results? Pls suggest.
I have shoulder pain. I'm suffering at last 1 month. First I think it's just a pain in outside. Now I have pain in inside. Some times if I throw something it will be hearting my shoulder.
I was prescribed by my rheumatologist Dr. in Chennai to take calcium with vitamin d3 daily to get rid of osteoporosis can I take twice daily twice a day.
I fell from stool 6 months back my knee was fractured after recovery I took physiotherapy for 15 days but even know I can't climb steps what should I do know.
A herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herinated Disc:
- An untreated case of herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herinated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of herniated disc or slip disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxers, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiskectomy.
Living with a renal transplant constantly exposes you to the risk of organ rejection. Although it might sound scary, it usually happens because the medication needs to be tuned according to the requirements of your body. A change in medication usually solves the problem of a possible rejection, and a rejection becomes less likely if it doesn't happen within a year of the transplant. Some obvious signs of rejection are a pain on the region of transplant, fever, change in weight or low urine discharge.
The causes behind a renal rejection vary on the basis of the type of rejection that takes place. Here are three different types of renal rejection and their causes:
- Hyperacute Rejection - Hyperacute rejection occurs within 24 hours of the transplant. It can have an immediate effect and occurs as the existing antibodies act against the grafted material, causing irreversible destruction. The immune system may recognize it as a foreign body and destroy it. Hyperacute rejection is common for patients who have received multiple blood transfusions or have suffered from transplant rejection earlier. The tissue must be removed immediately before it becomes fatal for the recipient. This type of rejection can generally be avoided if the doctors type or match both the receiver and the organ donor. The organ is less likely to be rejected if there are similar antigens between donor and receiver.
- Acute Rejection - Acute rejection generally occurs after the first week of transplantation. Acute rejection is common in most recipients. Since a perfect match of antigens is rare to find, except in the case of identical twins, some amount acute rejection occurs in the case of all recipients. It can cause complications like bleeding and inflammation. The risk of acute rejection is highest in the first three months of the transplant.
- Chronic Rejection - Chronic rejection occurs months later after the transplantation. This happens over time when the immune system of the body reacts against the transplanted tissue and slowly damages the organ. In such a case, the kidneys can suffer from scarring or fibrosis and damaged blood vessels.
The thought of going under the knife to treat your spine problem may give rise to a range of emotions; make you ponder over a number of things such as the recovery period, procedure and techniques involved and so on. Nonetheless, before opting for the surgery, there are certain points that you should go over and these are:
- Be well aware of the cause of your pain - Identifying the cause that is behind your pain is vital in order to decide whether the surgery is going to prove beneficial in the long run or not. If the cause is not identified as the right one, the surgery may prove futile and you may not get the pain relief that you're looking for.
- Gather detailed information about your spine surgeon - Before visiting the spine surgeon, you should collect detailed information about the specialist so as to be able to come up with appropriate questions concerning the surgery. From questions concerning about the surgeon's success and complication rates, numbers of surgeries performed to qualifications of the surgeon, these and much more should be part of your evaluation process.
- Prepare yourself before a consultation - It's good to prepare yourself before a medical consultation. Whether it's researching about the surgery and your condition or being well aware of your family's medical history, or details about the pain that you experience, or your expectations from the surgery, every aspect should be covered so that you derive the maximum benefit from your meeting.
- Carry out your own research - Carrying out your own research on the alternatives before opting for the surgery can put you on a better footing. It's imperative to compare the opinion put forward by the surgeon from genuine sources so that you're better able to understand the merits and demerits of the treatment.
If left untreated, nail fungus can cause cracking, splitting and even complete loss of the nail. The good news is that nail fungus is curable and can be treated very easily. There are many specialized treatments required for bringing quickest recovery.
Most people think that medications are the only solution in this regard, but this is not true as there are many therapies that are needed along with medicines so that speed of recovery can be boosted to a great extent.
Treatments for fungal-nail infections-
Antifungal medications: Nails are first tested thoroughly in order to get the confirmation about nail fungus. Both growth and reproduction of fungal cells are prevented by consuming these medications. Some of these medicines are used for topical or external application while others are taken orally. Some of the physicians suggest continuing both types of medicines simultaneously for getting more powerful effects and quick recovery.
Using antifungal nail-paint: Nowadays, you can use antifungal nail-paints so that the deepest layer of the nail can be well treated and infected parts can be healed quickly. But you have to continue the usage for a few months, or else, you will not be able to get the desirable results.
Laser treatment: This treatment is one of the most powerful ones and can treat your infected nail with greater speed and accuracy. Light energy in high doses is used for treating nail infection in this case.
The above treatments are really quite helpful, and you can choose any of them as per your necessity, preference and affordability.
Things you can do at home--
- keep your hands and feet clean and dry
- wear well-fitting shoes made of natural materials and clean cotton socks, these will allow your feet to "breathe"
- clip your nails to keep them short, use a separate pair of clippers or scissors for the infected nail
- don't share towels and socks with other people, and ensure your towels are washed regularly
- don't walk around barefoot in public pools, showers, and locker rooms, special shower shoes are available to protect your feet
- consider replacing old footwear as it could be the source of the infection
- treat athlete's foot as soon as possible to avoid the infection spreading to your nails
With summer right around the corner, it is tremendously important to stress upon the importance of using sunscreen. The right sunscreen provides protection from the spectrum of harmful rays of the sun that are known as uva and UVB, which not only create the threat of skin cancer but also fasten the process of skin aging. Taking adequate measures against these hazards is thus of prime importance.
No sunscreen provides absolute protection from the harmful rays of the sun but using the right product in the right way will take you far in shielding yourself from their harshness. These are the do's and don'ts you need to follow before you apply sunscreen the next time.
Do: choose a sunscreen that is, at least, spf 30+
That is the minimum protection that your skin requires. And if you must stay outdoors for an extended period of time, opt for a product with a higher SPF rating.
Do: apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going outdoors
For the product to be most effective, it needs to be fully absorbed by the skin before exposure to the sun; the reason why applying approximately 30 minutes before you step out of home is a must.
Do: test a small amount of the product on yourself before application
Apply a small amount of sunscreen on your wrist first and check for allergic reactions if you're trying it for the first time or are switching over to a new brand. In case it causes an allergic reaction, discontinue use at once and consult a dermatologist regarding, which sunscreen you should use.
Do: use sunscreen every day of the year
The sun's harmful rays persist in all seasons, whether it's summer or winter. Even on cloudy days, it's advisable to apply sunscreen to protect the skin as UV rays are still able to penetrate through thick covers of cloud, thereby harming your skin.
Don't: apply sunscreen only on the face
Make sure you apply it to every part of your body, especially the hands, forearms, thighs and ears, which are commonly exposed to the sun. Not only are these more prone to skin ageing, but the risk of melanoma (skin cancer) is also tremendously high in these portions of the body.
Don't: forget to reapply
Sunscreens rub off quite easily due to sweating or contact with water. Reapply as often as you can, ideally every 2 hours.
Keep in mind that apart from the application of sunscreen, it is also necessary to keep the skin covered as much as possible to protect yourself against skin ailments caused by exposure to the sun.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage, and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical-grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure-
After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
Skin is the most sensitive as well as the largest body organ. Skin problems are very common and can happen to almost everyone, be it a woman or man, and dealing with these problems could be as tough as understanding them. Here are a few very common skin problems that one should know about and can deal with them easily.
- Acne or a pimple is the very common skin disorder that occurs to almost everybody every now and then. It basically happens due to the blocking or clogging of the passageway that connects your skin pores to the oil glands. Face, neck, shoulder, back and chest are some common areas where acne appear. The best way to deal with them is to stay hydrated and maintain a balanced diet.
- Eczema is another skin disease that may occur in children, teenagers as well as adults and is of three types. Atopic dermatitis is the first type and this type is mainly seen in children in the form of itchy rashes behind the knees and in the elbow part. Allergic contact dermatitis is the second type and is seen in early adulthood. Metallic jewellery, cosmetics and fragrances can be the major causes of this type. Nummular dermatitis mostly occurs on dry skin. Coin-shaped patches, itchy skin, redness can be a few symptoms of this type.
- Psoriasis is another skin disorder which basically causes inflammation and scaling. This genetic disease is developed due to the few abnormalities in the immune system. There is no guaranteed way to prevent this disorder. However, this can be treated with a number of solutions including petroleum jelly, vitamin A and various other prescribed drugs and medicines.
- Dark under eye circles is another common skin problem which can be easily cured. You can get rid of these dark circles by eating healthy food, keeping a balanced diet, drinking a lot of water, perform exercises, sleeping early and many others. Intake of cucumber, green tea, etc. can also help you get back your flawless skin.
- The other skin problems that are very common and can occur to anybody include athlete foot, wrinkles, sunburns, groin rashes, skin swelling, staph infections and much more.
The best way to prevent yourself from skin related problems is to eat healthy, take adequate amount of sleep, nearly 7 to 8 hours daily, drink a lot of water, sleep early, live a life stress-free and be happy and positive.
Aloe vera is one of the most popular medicinal plants that have been in use for thousands of years. It is particularly famous for the treatment of skin injuries although it offers a host of health benefits. This short stemmed shiny plant stores moisture in its leaves and is widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. The gel within the aloe vera stem contains bioactive compounds found in plants such as vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids.
Some of the notable health benefits of Aloe Vera include the following,
- It contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties: Aloe Vera is known to contain the most beneficial antioxidants called as polyphenols. These polyphenols, as well as other similar compounds found on aloe vera, can prevent the growth of bacterial infections in human beings.
- Helps in healing cuts and burns: Aloe Vera can also be used as a topical medicine by applying the gel on the skin. It has been used since ancient times for the treatment of sores, cuts and burns which also includes sunburns. Aloe Vera is the first FDA approved ointment that got the status of an effective over-the-counter medication in the year 1959. It can, therefore, be used in first and even second degree burns.
- Prevents dental plaque: Tooth decay, as well as gum diseases, affect almost all individuals over the world. One of the best ways to steer clear of the oral infections is to prevent plaque buildup which is the bacterial biofilms on the teeth. The aloe vera mouthwash is as effective as chlorhexidine solutions in reducing the problems of dental plaque by killing the harmful yeast called Candida albicans and bacterium named Streptococcus mutans.
- Aids in the treatment of canker sores: Most people have experienced mouth ulcers or canker sores at least once in their lifetime. It mostly affects the area underneath the lip or inside the mouth and can be very painful at times. Several studies show that aloe vera gel helps in accelerating the healing process of canker sores.
- Reduces constipation: The latex of aloe vera has been found beneficial in the treatment of constipation. The latex is the sticky yellow residue underneath the leaf skin and contains aloin and barbaloin which offers effective latex effect.
- Prevent formation of wrinkles: Topical aloe vera gel assists in slowing down the ageing process with regular usage. Using aloe vera gel regularly helps in boosting the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity within three months of regular usage.
- Lowers down blood sugar levels: There was a time when aloe vera was used as a conventional remedy for diabetes. Aloe vera helps in enhancing insulin sensitivity as well as managing blood sugar levels. It has been used in numerous animals and humans affected with type 2 diabetes and the results are impressive enough to regard it as an alternative treatment option.
Along with these benefits, aloe vera juice is regarded as a sustainable way of weight management which has made it a well-favoured choice of overweight people all over the world.