Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajan Sheth
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajan ShethYour feedback matters!
My wife and I went to beach after returning from the beach her face became reddish in colour and it gradually reduced for next two days. What are the reasons. And suggest some remedies.
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that involves modifications to the digestive system so that the food intake can be restricted or the nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced. This surgery is recommended when exercise and diet may not cause the desired results with weight loss. Bariatric surgery is a group of surgeries that are the procedure to reduce weight in the body. The various types of surgeries that come under this category are -
- Gastric bypass - The most common bariatric surgery, gastric bypass is a procedure used to reduce the size of the stomach pouch in the body. Once the size is reduced, it leads to reduced consumption of calories. This procedure also causes alterations in the behavior of the gut hormones resulting in appetite reduction.
- Mini Gastric bypass - A newly, effective and shorter duration procedure like Gastric Bypass and also give similar result like Gastric Bypass.
- Adjustable Gastric band - This procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the upper stomach to make a small stomach area above the band. This causes one to feel full just after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy - In this procedure, almost 80% of the stomach area is removed surgically, resulting in a small stomach pouch being left. It reduces the stomach size which cause an overall reduction in a number of calories. Modifications also occur in the behavior of the gut bacteria linked to reduced appetite.
- Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch - This procedure involves surgical removal of a large area of the stomach along with bypassing a major portion of the smaller intestine. This procedure may reduce fat absorption of up to 70%. The behavior of the gut hormones change resulting in a decrease in appetite and improved satiety.
Complications Various complications may result from this surgery such as
- May cause infections in the body
- Clots may form in the blood
- It can result in bowel problems
- Ulcers can form in the stomach
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dear Doc, I'm 30 male, some times My skin feels like needles pinching all over my body when ever I exposed to sun. Was it because of the sun or I have dust allergy, so was it dust allergy causing it.
Dear Doctor, Mother has skin disease like itching. She began to strike in her nail or sticks. Consult doctor but still not recover from her ailment. Kindly advice please.
I am suffering white shave last 6 month 27 year old please sugest me any medicine are there solve my white shave problem please. sugest me.
In this beauty-conscious world we live in,
many people, young women especially, try to do everything they can to improve their looks.
A lot want whiter skin, and many people prefer using natural ways and means in achieving that. Luckily, using turmeric for skin whitening is a very effective method.
All of us are born with different skin tones. That’s a fact. This is because of the melanin presence in the epidermis, or top layer, of the skin. If there’s more melanin in the skin, the darker the skin tone will be.
Turmeric, or “haldi,” is a deep orange root from India, where it’s one of the country’s most widely used spices in food and on faces. Fun Fact: At Indian weddings, a turmeric paste is ritually applied to the bride from head-to-toe for a radiant glow.
But what is it about turmeric that makes it so amazing for your skin?Simply put, it’s an anti-oxidant as well as anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
For those with sensitive skin conditions like rosacea or eczema, its anti-inflammatory properties are a godsend to help soothe flare-ups. If you suffer from acne, it contains curcumin, which works to fight the bacteria that plays a critical role in its formation. As if that’s not enough, turmeric might be, basically, the fountain of youth.
“As an antioxidant, it helps fight off free radicals, which add signs to skin aging.” explains Dr R K Aggarwal.
“Studies have also shown that ingestion of turmeric helps protect against the aging effects of sun-damage UV radiation and the formation of wrinkles and dark spots.”
Since giving turmeric a shot is a no-brainer at this point, the real question is how best to do it.
“Turmeric root can be boiled and made into a tea or the spice itself can be sprinkled onto teas, rice dishes, eggs, and vegetables,” says Doctor.
“It adds a great warm color and has a subtle depth of flavor that enhances most food.
Additionally, turmeric supplements can be taken, but then you’d miss out on the great flavor.”