The use of Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr can be enlisted as follows:
- Monotherapy and adjunctive therapy in the treatment of patients with complex partial seizures that occur either in isolation or in association with other types of seizures.
- Sole and adjunctive therapy of simple and complex absence seizures.
- Adjunctively in patients with multiple seizure types that include absence seizures.
- Unlabeled use: Behavior disorders in patients with Alzheimer's disease.
Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr is a drug that aids in the control of seizures in patients who suffer from epilepsy. The drug is an anticonvulsant, and effectively increases a certain type of brain chemical that control some seizures. The drug may also be used to treat other conditions as per the doctor’s guidance.
Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr is meant for oral consumption and can be taken before or with a meal. It is generally advised that the drug should not be taken with carbonated drinks, as irritation in the throat may occur. The dosage of the drug is primarily dependent on the patient’s age, health, weight and severity of the condition.
In case you are taking Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr to control seizures do not stop it suddenly. It is advised that the drug should be discontinued gradually, so as to prevent any complications. Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr use can lead to some side effects which include- dizziness, hair loss, tremor, diarrhea, changed in weight and blurred or double vision. These side effects stop gradually, but in case any of them continue or tend to worsen seek medical help immediately.
A few patients may also experience mood swings and undergo depression resulting in suicidal thoughts. In this case family members should be well aware of such a side effect to take care of the patient. In case of over dosage of the drug seek immediate medical help. Symptoms of over dosage can include coma, irregular heart rate and extreme drowsiness.
In case of adults the doctor may prescribe a dosage ranging from 1000mg to 2000mg on a daily bases. Very low doses of Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr are prescribed to children that may vary from 25mg to 30mg. An allergic reaction is very rare to this drug but may occur, resulting in a rash or chest pain along with shortness of breath. Seek medical help in this case.
The most common use of this medication is:
- hyperactivity and racing thoughts.
Migraine ProphylaxisValparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr is used as prophylaxis in migraine headaches characterized by severe headache, eye pain, nausea, and vomiting.
How long is the duration of effect?The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 24 hours.
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this medicine can be observed in 2 hours.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?This medicine is not recommended for pregnant women.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendency has been reported
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?This medicine is recommended only if clearly needed when no safer alternative is available. Monitoring of undesired effects like discoloration of eyes and skin is necessary.
Is It safe with alcohol?It is found to be unsafe to consume alcohol while taking this medicine.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?This medicine may affect the alertness of the patient. Thus driving must be avoided while taking this medicine.
Does this affect kidney function?This medicine is probably safe to be used in patients with kidney disease. Availability of limited data suggests adjustment of dose might not be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Does this affect liver function?Caution must be taken while using this medicine in patients with liver disease. Adjustment of dose might be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking it.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Missed Dose instructionsIf you miss a dose of Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose instructionsSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr belongs to the class anticonvulsants. it works by increasing the levels of neurotransmitter GABA and inhibits sodium and calcium channels thus it reduces the excitation of the brain cells.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
AlcoholConsumption of alcohol with this medicine is not recommended as it increases the risk of side effects like dizziness, difficulty in concentration. Do not perform activities that require mental alertness like driving or operating machinery.
Interaction with Lab Test
LabInformation not available.
Interaction with Medicine
- Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr may displace clozapine from protein binding site resulting in decreased clozapine serum concentrations.
- Carbamazepine, lamotrigine, and phenytoin may induce the metabolism of Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr; monitor.
- Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr may increase, decrease, or have no effect on carbamazepine and phenytoin levels.
- Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr may increase serum concentrations of carbamazepine - epoxide (active metabolite); monitor.
- Cholestyramine may bind VPA in GI tract; monitor.
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin, troleandomycin, felbamate, and isoniazid may inhibit the metabolism of VPA; monitor.
- VPA inhibits the metabolism of lamotrigine; monitor.
- VPA appears to inhibit the metabolism of nimodipine and phenobarbital; monitor.
Interaction with Disease
- Hepatic failure resulting in fatalities has occurred in patients; children <2 years of age are at considerable risk; other risk factors include organic brain disease, mental retardation with severe seizure disorders, congenital metabolic disorders, and patients on multiple anticonvulsants. Hepatotoxicity has been reported after 3 days to 6 months of therapy. Monitor patients closely for appearance of malaise, weakness, facial edema, anorexia, jaundice, and vomiting; may cause severe thrombocytopenia, inhibition of platelet aggregation and bleeding; tremors may indicate overdosage; use with caution in patients receiving other anticonvulsants.
- Hyperammonemia may occur, even in the absence of overt liver function abnormalities. Asymptomatic elevations require continued surveillance; symptomatic elevations should prompt modification or discontinuation of valproate therapy. CNS depression may occur with valproate use. Patients must be cautioned about performing tasks which require mental alertness (operating machinery or driving). Effects with other sedative drugs or ethanol may be potentiated.
Interaction with Food
- Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr may cause GI upset; take with large amount of water or food to decrease GI upset. May need to split doses to avoid GI upset.
- Food may delay but does not affect the extent of absorption.
- Coated particles of divalproex sodium may be mixed with semisolid food (eg, applesauce or pudding) in patients having difficulty swallowing; particles should be swallowed and not chewed.
- Valproate sodium oral solution will generate valproic acid in carbonated beverages and may cause mouth and throat irritation; do not mix valproate sodium oral solution with carbonated beverages.
- Milk: No effect on absorption; may take with milk
- Sodium: SIADH and water intoxication; monitor fluid status. May need to restrict fluid.
Ques: What is Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr?
Ques: What are the uses of Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr?
Ques: What are the side effects of this Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr?
Ques: How long do I need to use Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr before I see improvement in my condition?
Ques: At what frequency do I need to use Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr?
Ques: Should I use Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr?
Ques: How is this Valparin Chrono 300 Tablet Cr administered?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.