Treatment of Headaches
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Submit a review for The Deccan HospitalYour feedback matters!
My teeth got a yellow colour. Daily I am brush my teeth but that yellow colour not go. What I will for my teeth.
Hello Dr. I am married on 13 feb 2017 we are planing baby and we do sex frequently but still we are not getting any good news please help what to do.
I am. 20 year old and the iron in body is 39 and my hemoglobin is 12 suggest some medicine that can enhance my iron level.
Hello doctor I am very skinny. I used to masturbate everyday. Is due to damage of any organ or hormones that I am not able to become fat. If not how to become fat? Please reply.
Lifestyle Diseases have been on the rise and to manage these conditions, a combination of medications and therapies become essential.
Occupational Therapy focuses on the way of living rather on medicines to enable the people to lead a life they want to. It is more of a rehabilitation program or therapy to make the patients of rheumatoid arthritis more adaptable to the life changes and to perform their activities on their own.
What is included in occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy involves self-care procedures in which the patient is treated and trained to learn to do things by themselves like using the washroom, eating, and dressing up, etc. People with rheumatoid arthritis tend to lose balance and have less control over their movements and OT helps in rebuilding that strength required for performing the daily activities.
It also involves leisure time for the patients, and it allows them to choose how they want to spend their free time. An occupational therapist helps them understand their interests and to grow that interest as well.
In rheumatoid arthritis, doing some work is necessary to keep your bones and the joints active so that they don’t swell up or get inflamed which is common with this disease. Moreover, OT involves both physical and mental work to keep you active throughout the day.
Besides helping the patient to achieve physical stability, OT helps them to gain mental strength as well. There are sessions which assist them to determine their life goals and things they want to do in their life. Life's hard with rheumatoid arthritis, but with proper occupational therapy and Physical therapy combined, it can become much easier.
OT also involves different changes or interventions to perform and achieve the life goals of the person.
The Essential Role of an Occupational Therapist
The role of an occupational therapist is vital for the patient who has rheumatoid arthritis. As mentioned above that OT involves nothing but doing all the daily life activities which a person is afraid to do because of the joint and bone disorder in rheumatoid arthritis, the occupational therapist help them perform this action more scientifically. They can examine the household of the patient and make necessary changes like replacing small door knobs/handles/levers with the larger ones, small switches with the bigger ones. They can also rearrange the kitchen items to make it easier for the patients to use them and also suggesting the patients to use comfortable chairs or bedding to reduce pain and other symptoms.
The therapist keeps an eye on every change or improvement of the patient and makes necessary adjustments and intervention in the activities to achieve the life goal as soon as possible.
Occupational therapy is highly based on evidence from the past, and it is deeply rooted to the basics of scientific management of rheumatoid arthritis. A time-tested and approved therapy, Occupational therapy makes the life of an RA patient less-painful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Semen test done after 12 hours of intercourse Report can be considered ok or not ?please help Factors will increase or decrease.
Hello doctor. Im 26 weeks pregnant. My scanning report shows mild bilateral fetal pyelectasia. Im worried for my baby is their any abnormality in kidneys.
I am having anterior tilt issue. In my lower back. Having difficulty in standing after sitting and difficulty while walking.
After intense cardio work out, I am having high sexual urges ,which most of time leads to depression, as I am single. Any advice?
Can playing video games ,helps to reduce depression? Can Playing video games ,helps in having a positive mindset?
I am 18 years old female and I have external piles problem. How to cure these piles permanently at home. How to shrink them permanently? How much time will it take to cure with home remedies?
Sir namaste, sir I have back pain last 4 years my duty nature was sitting 12 hrs some time good seat will come some times uncomfort seat will come that is why I suffered back pain give me suggestions my age is 33 and my weight 105.
Hello Good morning Doctor. My father is 60 years old he has pain in his shoulder blade since 1 year. His right hand third finger was injured in machine and little cut from finger end part he did not care but now finger is recovered and he says he feels pain in right shoulder after the injury of his finger while cutting grass in machine and his finger injured under the belly of machine .when he takes tablet pain killer he feels better when he stop tablet and do work he feels shoulder blade pain, he is a farmer since last 1 year he feels pain internal side of he shoulder what should he do?
Dandruff or seborrhea refers to the flaky condition of your skin or scalp caused primarily due to fungus. It is a very common problem for young adults and middle aged people but can happen to any person regardless of age. Dandruff itself being an embarrassing problem, can also sometimes lead to other skin problems.
The following are a few skin problems that can crop up due to dandruff-
- Can cause pimples: If dandruff or the white flakes fall on your T-zone region very often, then it may lead to the break out of pimples on your skin.
- May result in pigmentation: The pimples which can happen due to dandruff can further lead to the problem of pigmentation. This condition leads to the appearance of unwanted black spots all over your face.
- Trigger eczema: Dandruff makes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis even worse. Eczema and psoriasis which causes itching of the skin can get severe due to dandruff.
- Rashes are also a possibility: Facial rashes can also develop due to dandruff. Often areas around the eyebrows, nose and ears get affected. Sometimes, in case of men, beard rashes also pop up.
- Chest rashes: Dandruff often falls all over your body.This can lead to the problem of chest rashes. This condition results in the appearance of red spots all around your chest region.
Dandruff can be a very distressing problem. If your skin type is oily, dandruff can make conditions far worse. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be completely cured but can only be controlled. So, it is highly advisable to take preventive measures as soon as it is detected to avoid further problems.
Lung cancer is caused by disorderly growth of uncommon cells which line the air passage, usually starting off in a single or both lungs. The irregular cells do not mature into healthy lung tissue but instead divide speedily and result in tumor formation.
Causes behind lung cancer:
- Smoking: This is considered as the most significant source of lung cancer. As reported by multiple researches and studies, cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals, most of which are cancer causing agents. Active smoking is one of the major causes of lung cancer but what may come to you as a surprise is that extended periods of passive smoking is also a major factor.
- Pollution and Exposure: There is high risk of lung cancer development when there is occupational exposure to pollution by chemicals released from industrial factories. Chemical exposure of this kind refers to prolonged exposure over quite few months or years. Some examples of these chemicals are asbestos, diesel exhaust among many others.
- Radioactive Gas: Radioactive gases naturally occur in small masses present in all soils and rocks. However, if you breathe in radioactive gases your lungs will damage and may cause the development of abnormal tissue which can cause lung cancer.
- Family history: A family history of cancer, especially lung cancer will also put you at high risk of developing lung cancer.
Treatment methods of lung cancer:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a method in which drugs are injected through veins in your arm (intravenously) or orally or in a combination of both. These drugs kill cancer cells and help to stop it from spreading any further as well.
- Clinical Trials: These trials are experimental lung cancer treatment studies. You may have to try out this clinical therapy if other treatment methods aren’t working and only if you are accepted into it.
- Surgery: A surgeon will help remove affected areas of the lung including cancerous tumors via surgery. The surgeon may need to remove parts of the lung along with the cancerous growth. In certain cases, one side of the lung may also be completely removed to stop the spread of the malignant tissue.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a therapy where high energy electromagnetic waves are passed through your body to destroy cancer cells with the help of high-powered energy beams.
Can you prevent lung cancer?
- Nutrition -- A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables may also help reduce your risk of lung cancer. Some evidence suggests that a diet high in fruits and vegetables may help protect against lung cancer in both smokers and non-smokers. But any positive effect of fruits and vegetables on lung cancer risk would be much less than the increased risk from smoking.
- Exercise -- Even moderate amounts of exercise can aid in lung cancer prevention. Studies suggest that even something as simple as gardening twice a week is associated with a lower risk of developing lung cancer.
- Smoking Habits -- If you stop smoking before a cancer develops, your damaged lung tissue gradually starts to repair itself. No matter what your age or how long you’ve smoked, quitting may lower your risk of lung cancer and help you live longer.
- Avoidance of Air Pollution -- Long-term exposure to ambient air pollution and, in particular, particulate matter with absorbed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other genotoxic chemicals has been suspected to increase the risk for lung cancer. So, avoid air pollution as much as possible.
Most of us our always worried sick about our performance in bed, but rather than worrying about it, we should try to invest emotionally in our relationship. Sex is supposed to be enjoyable, but it isn't always the case. If you are too preoccupied wondering about your physical appearance and your ability in bed, sex may make you feel more stressed than relaxed. This is known as sexual performance anxiety and can even get to a point where it makes you avoid sex altogether.
There may be many reasons for performance anxiety. Some of these are:
- Fear that you will not be able to satisfy your partner sexually
- Lack of self confidence and insecurity about your appearances
- Difficulties in your relationship
- The anxiety about not being able to have an orgasm
- A man's fear of premature ejaculation or taking too long to orgasm
Thus this type of anxiety is not rooted in any type of medical problem. Rather than medication, a change in thinking and perception is required to treat performance anxiety.
Here are a few tips that can help you:
- Fight stress: Stress in your daily life can spill over to your bedroom as well. This can make sex a chore rather than something to be enjoyed. Recognize your stress triggers and find ways to eliminate them. Regular exercise can be very helpful in reducing stress.
- Prolong foreplay: Sex does not have a time limit or there is need to follow a set of steps. Like any other activity, your body needs to 'warm up' for sex as well. Instead of putting pressure on yourself to control or release your orgasm, get into the flow of the moment and take it slow. Try getting intimate with your partner in ways that do not involve sex such as a massage or having a shower together.
Communicate with your partner: Talk to your partner about how you feel. Understand that it is not necessary to have an orgasm every time you have sex. Talking to your partner can help ease some of the anxiety and improve your relationship.
Talk to a therapist: Asking for help is not a bad thing or something you need to be ashamed of. Therapists are trained to teach you about how to be more comfortable with your sexuality and can help eliminate the triggers of sexual performance anxiety.
Give up control: Do not hold yourself responsible for your erections or your partner's orgasms. To a large extent sexual responsiveness is governed by the unconscious mind and hence worrying does nothing.