Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. E.D.Prasad
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. E.D.PrasadYour feedback matters!
Sir mere chehre par kafi acne scar rah gye hai isotretinoin capsule khane ke baad ye scar ko bharne ke liye please koi achi medicine bataiye my face look bad due to red scar.
Hello doctor After pregnancy my tummy is so black. Can you tell me what I can do for my black tummy .and stretch mask also?
I am 15. I have blackness in the neck, underarms and the groin region. I have these from birth. Can the blackness be reduced?
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions.
Hello Sir/mam, I had gone through kshar sutra treatment for my anal fistula. I want to know that how long I have to sit/stand or walk. Should I drive a car or not. & also how long & how many times I have to take sits bath in a day. Having pain as well so taking pain killers are convenient or have to ignore. I would be grateful of yours.
I had vasculitis around a year ago which affected my legs. The scars are still there how do I get rid of them.
Hi my skin colour is fare but now is skin turn condition what can I do. refer me any ideas and input.
With a wide range of modern skin rejuvenation techniques and procedures available in the market today, the effects of sun damage and age can be easily reversed. Wrinkles, scars, spots, pigmentation and a whole lot of embarrassing and unwanted skin flaws can now be easily treated.
When it comes to getting rid of common age related skin woes and giving your skin a total reboot, one of the most tried and tested treatments is the Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). ILP rejuvenation or Intense Pulsed light Photofacial procedure is an effective skin rejuvenation process as it involves the latest techniques of modern dermatology and can turn blotchy, red skin into a rejuvenated and radiant skin. It is an ideal remedy for sun and age damage on skin.
What is Intense Pulsed light Photofacial?
A pulse light photofacial refers to a procedure in which intense light pulses is pressed through the problematic areas. It is also known as intense Pulsed light or IPL photofacial. After the penetration of light pulses, the collagen and blood vessels below the epidermis get constricted. This reduces the redness on the skin along with the age lines. Several skin conditions can be treated using the process of IPL photo rejuvination. Removal of red spots, acne and rosacea is effectively done. The skin texture gets smoothened and is made even, large pores are closed and wrinkles are eliminated because of enhanced collagen growth.
Sometimes, redness and swelling may occur during the treatment, but they slowly disappear. The benefits can be observed within a week after the process is undertaken. During the process of IPL photo rejuvination, the high energy light waves produce help in reducing and eliminating several effects of aging, which includes facial wrinkles and discoloration of the skin due to prolonged sun damage. The pulsed light helps in the production of collagen, which is a natural protein that repairs wrinkles, making the skin surface smooth and soft. One treatment or session is not enough for proper skin rejuvenation, and the IPL photo rejuvination process should be repeated. With each treatment, the results get more well defined. Five full face IPL photofacial sessions are required within a span of three weeks for the best results.
Benefits and risks
The Pros: IPL is a preferred treatment since its does not cause much discomfort. Little or no downtime is required as well. The method is non ablative in nature, which means that no skin gets removed during the process. Because of this, recovery is easy and hardly any major risk associated with this skin rejuvenation technique. A major benefit of IPL photo rejuvination is that it treats several skin problems at once.
The Cons: In rare cases, you may notice blistering, bruising, scabbing and change in skin pigmentation. These side effects do not last long and disappear on their own usually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.