Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suhasini. K
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suhasini. KYour feedback matters!
Hi .my vaginal walls are too loose .i m just 22 yrs. Is there any medicine or exercise to tighten it.
I want to loose my weight as I am suffering from PCOS. Kindly suggest me the ways and proper diet. Wat food cn b taken nd when. Please advice.
Iam 30 yrs old female I got married on August 21 st 2015 yet I didn't get conceive is there any problem for me.
Coconut oil and cholesterol
About 70% of the fats in coconut oil are saturated fatty acids known to raise cholesterol. Another 14% or so are shorter chain fats called mcts, whose effects on cholesterol appear to be neutral. About 3% of the fat is stearic acid, which also doesn't affect cholesterol. Coconut oil also contains small amounts of mono- and poly-unsaturated fats, which are not thought to raise cholesterol
Mustard oil and cholesterol
Fats, oilseeds, and nuts play an important role in our diets. Mustard oil is a type of fat, which is extracted from mustard seeds through pressing of seeds and is filtered using the distillation process. Mustard oil has got a typical pungent and sharp flavor that is because of the presence of a compound called allyl isothiocyanate. This oil has about 60% monounsaturated fatty acids (mufa), 21% polyunsaturated fats (pufa) and about 12% saturated fats. A higher amount of mufa and pufa distinguishes it from other types of fats. These fatty acids are also called 'good fats' as they do not get deposited on arterial walls. Mustard oil contains glucosinolate, which basically works against microbes and adds on to the oil's health benefits.
Hello sir. Whether in first sex shall we have pregnancy that to after one month like if sex has taken in Feb 18 and pregnancy will be on March 18 whether is it possible to have pregnancy. Please suggest me.
I am having problem in my vagina as well as in anus. Itching, irritation, rashes and cyst. All this things are very painful. please suggest me should I consult either to a gynecologist or physician?
I missed my periods. I did sex one month before. But sperm didn't enters the vagina. I did urine test but it was negative. Can you please tell me how to know weather I am pregnant or not.
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
During the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, 20 to 30% of women have vaginal bleeding. In about half of these women, the pregnancy ends in a miscarriage. If miscarriage does not occur immediately, problems later in the pregnancy are more likely. For example, the baby's birth weight may be low, or the baby may be born early (preterm birth), be born dead (stillbirth), or die during or shortly after birth. If bleeding is profuse, blood pressure may become dangerously low, resulting in shock.
The amount of bleeding can range from spots of blood to a massive amount. Passing large amounts of blood is always a concern, but spotting or mild bleeding may also indicate a serious disorder.
The most common cause is a miscarriage. There are different degrees of miscarriage (also called spontaneous abortion). A miscarriage may be possible or certain to occur (inevitable abortion). All of the contents of the uterus may be expelled or not (incomplete abortion). The contents of the uterus may be infected before, during, or after the miscarriage (septic abortion). The fetus may die in the uterus and remain there (missed abortion). Any type of miscarriage can cause vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy.
The most dangerous cause of vaginal bleeding is rupture of an abnormally located (ectopic) pregnancy - one that is not in its usual place in the uterus - for example, one that is in a fallopian tube.
Another possibly dangerous but less common cause is rupture of corpus luteum cyst. After an egg is released, the structure that released it (the corpus luteum) may fill with fluid or blood instead of breaking down and disappearing as it usually does. If an ectopic pregnancy or a corpus luteum cyst ruptures, bleeding may be profuse, leading to shock.
In pregnant women with vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy, the following symptoms are cause for concern:
- Fainting, light-headedness, or a racing heart—symptoms that suggest very low blood pressure
- Loss of large amounts of blood or blood that contains tissue or large clots
- Severe abdominal pain that worsens when the woman moves or changes positions
- Fever, chills, and a vaginal discharge that contains pus mixed with the blood
When to see a doctor: Women with warning signs should see a doctor immediately. Women without warning signs should see a doctor within 48 to 72 hours.