Doctors in Saluja Hospital
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Submit a review for Saluja HospitalYour feedback matters!
Due to the hormonal changes that a female undrgoes during pregnancy ,it is mostly likely that any dental problems present will become severe. Hence its always recommended to get your dental treatment done before planning your pregnancy.Incase necessary they can be safely done under precautions during the second trimester.
Alzheimer: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis & Treatments
A damaging brain disease of unknown cause it is one of the common parts of dementia that usually initiate in the old age. It is one of the damaging diseases that can cause progressive memory loss, impaired thinking and changes in the personality as well. Alzheimer is one of the dangerous things that is marked by histologically especially in the development of the brain. Most of the disease has a cure, but Alzheimer doesn’t have any cure till the death. Symptoms in the body occur slowly and after some time become worse. And it becomes extremely dangerous to interfere with the daily routine tasks. Alzheimer is one of the common diseases that are severe enough to create complications in the daily basis tasks. It is one of the most common reasons for premature senility. Alzheimer is well known chronic disease that is known as neurodegenerative and usually starts slowly to create their worse effect in the body and brain as well.
When people have dementia, then they have most of the chances to face Alzheimer as well. Having such disease will directly create an effect on the mind that brings difficulties to remember the recent occurred event. As the disease advances, it creates many other complications such as language, irritation and mood swings as well. Whenever a person faces such problems in the worse condition then frequently withdraw from family and society as well. However, after some year you will lose the connections with a body that ultimately cause the death. After having a disease, a particular person will able to live for three to nine years only. One of the worst reasons is that every person usually involved in this disease after the age of sixty. Most of the risk comes from genetics, and other involved some gees. There are no medicine and supplement available that can decrease the risk of death.
Causes of Alzheimer
Like all sorts of dementia, Alzheimer's is induced by brain cell fatality. It is a neurodegenerative disease; this means there is intensifying brain cell fatality that occurs over time. A person with Alzheimer's, the muscle has fewer and fewer nerve skin cells and connections. Autopsies show that the nerve cells in the mind of your person with Alzheimer's have small debris, known as plaques and tangles, that build-up on the cells. The plaques are located between your dying brain skin cells, and they're created from a necessary protein known as beta-amyloidal. The tangles take place within the nerve skin cells, and they're created from other health proteins, called tau. Experts do not grasp why these changes appear. A number of different factors are thought to be involved. The Alzheimer's Connection has produced a quest of 16 slides that visualize what goes on along the way of expanding Alzheimer's disease. You may get access to it here.
Risk Factors Related to Alzheimer:
There are many risk factors included with such fatal disease that you need to consider.
- A family record of Alzheimer's
- Taking certain genes
Prevention of Alzheimer:
Modifiable factors that might help prevent Alzheimer's include:
- Getting regular physical exercise
- Maintaining a wholesome cardiovascular system
- Managing the chance of coronary disease, diabetes, weight problems, smoking, and high blood circulation pressure
- Following a diverse and healthy diet
- Participating in long-term learning and cognitive training
- Some studies claim that staying emotionally and socially involved may possibly slow up the threat of Alzheimer's.
- Factors that improve the risk include:
- Considering severe or repeated distressing brain accidental injuries (TBI) contact with some environmental pollutants, such as harmful metals, pesticide, and professional chemicals. To reduce the chance of TBI-related dementia, it's important always to wear a safeness belt when visiting by car, to have precautions when participating in contact sports, also to pursuing health instructions and rules to ensure sufficient break and restoration if a personal injury does occur. A moderate TBI seems to double the chance of experiencing dementia, while a severe TBI raises it 4.5 times.
Symptoms of Alzheimer:
There are a few symptoms which constantly recur when Alzheimer strikes a person. These symptoms include:
- Initially, increasing forgetfulness or light confusion will be the only symptoms of Alzheimer's disease that you see. But as time passes, the condition robs you of more of your ram, especially recent thoughts. The rate at which symptoms get worse varies from individual to individual.
- When you have Alzheimer's, you could be the first ever to observe that you're having uncommon difficulty keeping in mind things and managing your ideas. Or you might not exactly notice that anything is incorrect, even though changes are visible to your family participants, good friends or co-workers.
- Brain changes associated with Alzheimer's disease business lead to growing trouble with:
- Memory - Everyone has infrequent storage area lapses. It's normal to reduce an eye on where you put your secrets or your investment name of an acquaintance. However, the memory damage associated with Alzheimer's disease persists and worsens, inside your ability to operate at work with home.
People who have Alzheimer's may:
After getting the Alzheimer, you will have to face many different problems that are quite complicated
- Repeat claims and questions, again and again, not knowing that they've asked the question before
- Forget conversations, consultations or events, rather than keep in mind them later
- Routinely misplace property, often adding them in illogical locations
- Get lost in familiar places
- Eventually your investment names of family and everyday objects
- Have trouble discovering the right words to recognize items, express thoughts or be a part of conversations
- If you are facing such complicated disease, then you should read the above key points.
Pondering and reasoning
Alzheimer's disease triggers difficulty focusing and considering, especially about abstract ideas like numbers. Multitasking is particularly difficult, and it can be challenging to control budget, balance checkbooks and settle payments promptly. These problems may improve to inability to identify and package with numbers.
Making judgments and decisions
Responding effectively to everyday problems, such as food burning up on the range or unexpected generating situations, becomes more and more challenging.
Planning and accomplishing familiar tasks
Once-routine activities that want sequential steps, such as planning and preparing food meals or playing a well-liked game, turn into a struggle as the condition progresses. Eventually, people who have advanced Alzheimer's may neglect how to execute basic jobs such as dressing and bathing.
Diagnosis of Alzheimer
Want to know how to remove such complicated disease from health then you should read the below available things. It is quite fatal diseases that haven't any kind of solution then be aware of from it. Want to know that how to resolve the issues of Alzheimer? Then you should read the article. To detect Alzheimer's dementia, doctors do tests to determine storage area impairment and other thinking skills, judge useful capabilities and identify patterns changes. In addition, they perform some tests to eliminate other possible factors behind impairment. To detect Alzheimer's dementia, doctors examine your signs or symptoms and carry out several tests. An accurate medical diagnosis of Alzheimer's dementia can be an important first rung on the ladder to make sure you have appropriate treatment, health care, family education and programs for future years.
Early signs or symptoms of Alzheimer's dementia
Early signs or symptoms of Alzheimer's dementia include:
- Recollection impairment, such as difficulty keeping in mind events
- Difficulty concentrating, planning or problem-solving
- Problems concluding daily responsibilities at home or at the job
- Distress with location or duration of time
- Having visible or space troubles, such as not understanding distance in generating, getting lost or misplacing items
- Vocabulary problems, such as word-finding problems or reduced vocabulary in conversation or writing
- Using poor view in decisions
- The drawback of work occasions or public engagements
- Changes in feeling, such as melancholy or other habit and personality changes
Differential Diagnosis of Alzheimer:
When indicators of Alzheimer's dementia appear, it is important that you will get a fast and accurate medical diagnosis. To analyze Alzheimer's dementia, most of your doctor, a health care provider been trained in the brain conditions (neurologist) or a health care provider trained to take care of older men and women (geriatrician) will review your health background, medication history as well as your symptoms. Your physician will also perform several tests.
Treatment of Alzheimer
During your visit, your physician will examine:
- Whether you have impaired recollection or pondering (cognitive) skills
- Whether you show changes in the personality or behaviours
- The amount of your storage or pondering impairment or changes
- How your pondering problems have an effect on your ability to operate in lifestyle
- The reason for your symptoms
- Doctors may order additional lab tests, brain-imaging exams or send you for recollection testing. These testing provide doctors with useful information for prognosis, including ruling out other conditions that cause comparable symptoms.
Ruling out other conditions
Doctors will execute a physical analysis and be sure you do not have other health issues that might be creating or adding to your symptoms, such as indicators of previous strokes, Parkinson's disease, despair or other medical ailments.
Assessing ram problems and other symptoms
To examine your symptoms, your physician may request you to answer questions or perform jobs associated with your cognitive skills, such as your ram, abstract thinking, problem-solving, vocabulary use, and related skills.
Mental status assessment
Your physician may carry out mental status checks to check your thinking (cognitive) and ram skills. Doctors use the ratings on these assessments to judge your amount of cognitive impairment.
You might be evaluated by an expert been trained in brain conditions and mental health issues (neuropsychologist). The analysis can include comprehensive tests to judge your storage area and pondering (cognitive) skills.
These checks help doctors see whether you have dementia, and when you can safely carry out daily responsibilities such as generating and managing finances. They provide the maximum amount of home elevators what you can still do as well as what you might have lost. These assessments can also examine if depressive disorder may be creating your symptoms.
Myths Related to Alzheimer
Alzheimer's dementia results from the intensifying reduction (degeneration) of brain skin cells. This degeneration may arrive in many ways in brain scans. However, these scans aren't enough to produce a medical diagnosis. Scans aren't used to detect the condition since there is overlap in what doctors consider a normal age-related change in the mind and unusual change.
Myth #1: Future of diagnosis
Researchers will work on new diagnostic tools which may permit doctors to analyze Alzheimer's dementia previously throughout the condition, when symptoms are incredibly minor or before symptoms even show up. One particular tool is a Dog or cat check out that can find tau, the other hallmark irregular health proteins in Alzheimer's dementia.
Myth #2: The benefit of an early on diagnosis
It's true that if you have Alzheimer's dementia or a related disease, doctors can't give you a get rid of. But getting early on identification can be beneficial. Knowing your skill is merely as important as knowing what you can't do. If one has the other treatable condition that's triggering the cognitive impairment or in some way complicating impairment, doctors may choose to immediately start the treatment.
Also, doctors can educate you on as well as your caregivers about ways of improving your living environment, set up regimens, plan activities and manage changes in skills to reduce the result of the condition on your day-to-day life.
Importantly, an early on diagnosis also can help you, your loved ones and caregivers arrange for the future. You should have the opportunity to make up to date decisions on lots of issues, such as:
- Appropriate community services and resources
- Options for domestic and at-home care
- Plans for controlling financial issues
- Objectives for future care and attention and medical decisions
- Whenever a doctor lets you know and your family about an Alzheimer's examination, doctor consultation can help you in understanding the Alzheimer's dementia, answers question and make clear what things to expect. Doctors will make clear what capacities are conserved and the way to limit future disabilities, and appearance to keep you as healthy and safe as is feasible with minimal disruption in your daily.
Care for yourself with homeopathy
In case you cannot rush to the doctor or feel that you can handle your health condition, self-medicate with some common homeopathic medicines.
Many a time, while addressing small illnesses or for unavailability of healthcare facilities, we choose to self-medicate at home. India’s 52% population self-medicates by visiting the pharmacist for common healthcare issues like fever, diarrhea, cough, and cold. Reasons like financial issues, lack of affordable primary healthcare, lack of awareness, and many more reasons contribute to why people decide to self-medicate.
The basics of self-medication
I would stick my neck out and say that home remedies, and thereby, self-medication is a part of our culture. However, while we self-medicate, it is best to keep in mind the basics: a few precautions.
Knowing your medicines well can help you cure yourself with minimum medical supervision. However, don’t forget to check the seal, manufacturing details and expiry date on medicines when you purchase them from a homeopathic pharmacy.
Identify your symptoms before treating them. If you have the slightest doubt, consult a physician.
If the symptoms continue after a maximum of three days of self-medication or if they aggravate, then do not continue; immediately consult a physician.
If new symptoms show with the existing ones, then discontinue your intake of medicines and consult a physician.
Do not consume too many medicines at a time as medicines tend to have reactions amongst them.
Following are a few homeopathic medicines for a few common illnesses that you can consume safely.
A sprain occurs when you stretch a ligament that connects a joint. Considering the fast-paced lives, we are bound to suffer from sprains and aches. For this, one can have 6 pills of Rhus-tox 30CH, three times a day and continue this for two days. For your child below the age of twelve years, the dose has to be Rhus-tox 200CH, 3-4 doses per day for two days. Along with the medicine, don’t forget to use ice-packs on the affected area for the first 48 hours. Rest as much as possible, and elevate the limb while you take rest.
Loose watery bowel movement along with urgency can be dealt at home provided the person is kept well hydrated. For loose motions, Aloes 30CH can be the best medicine. One has to take six pills of Aloes 30CH after every two hours for four doses, and this will reduce the frequency of your loose motions.
Also remember that you can always go the old way of giving a solution of sugar, salt, and water or coconut water at regular intervals as this will provide relief to the person. After self-medication and home remedies, if the person starts vomiting or looks dull then, you ought to go to the doctor.
Cold and stuffy nose
With changing seasons, it is very common to suffer from Coryza or stuffy nose; thin watery discharge which is not due to fever. At times we may suffer from a headache and body pain as well. For these issues, Allium Cepa is best suited for adults and children as well. The dose should be four pills of Allium Cepa 30 CH thrice a day for 4-5 days.
Also, it is mandatory to drink enough water; moreover, you are all set to enjoy all the soups and warm liquids. Do not forget to take steam inhalation as well.
A common symptom that most girls face during their menses is abdominal pain. Suffering from menstrual cramps for the first two days is normal but if it makes you miss your school days or office days, then you can consume six pills of Mag Phos 200CH four times a day on the first day of your menses and can continue till your pain releases. We all know how relieving those warm heating pads are, so using them will be a relaxing thing for you. Exercising regularly throughout the month will definitely ease the pain. You can rest on the first day of your menses.
The reason for acidity may be lack of sleep, consumption of oily and spicy food which you may not be quite used to. The complaints of acidity can range from burning sensation in the chest and abdomen, water brash, eructation, and abdominal pain as well. For this, the person can have a dose of four tablets of Natrum Phos 6X. You can increase the dose to three times a day for three days in case the acidity continues. However, do not self medicate in case of frequent vomiting, this is when you need to visit the doctor.
Calcium is necessary for the healthy growth of your bones and teeth; that’s why adults and children have prescribed calcium supplements if they suffer calcium deficiency. Calcarea Phos 6X is the medicine that can replace your calcium supplements tablets. Calcarea Phos 6X does not cause any GI disturbance and can be used in any age group from pediatric to geriatric, for a longer duration. The dose is four tablets twice a day and can be safely taken for three months.
Note - The golden rule of self-medication: as a responsible self-medicating patient, know your boundaries and know precisely when you need to visit a physician.
Dental care tips for winters:
- Brush twice a day (must at night)
- Nobody can avoid chocolates and sweets. So after eating, try to rinse. Avoid sticky chocolates and if you consume it, don't chew let it dissolve slowly.
- Use straws to drink acidic juices and carbonated drinks, which reduces the contact of teeth with acid.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year
- Use brush with soft bristles
- Use proper brushing technique (circular technique for children and modified bass technique for adults)
- Proper alignment of tooth is essential for proper cleaning with brush. So if you have irregular alignment, visit dentist
- Never use medicated tooth paste without your dentist recommendation. Sensitivity in old age is quite common, for that you can use antisensitivity tooth paste. If it occurs in young age, kindly consult your dentist.
- Teeth color varies between individuals. For some, it may be mildly yellow shade. No need to worry about it.
- Pea-sized tooth paste is more than enough for brushing. No need to take huge amount as shown in some advertisements. Keep in mind that tooth paste is just a cleansing medium and its excessive use is neither essential nor recommended. It is better to use ayurvedic preparations.
- 1 - 2 min proper brushing is enough. If you are brushing more than that, it means you are removing your teeth enamel slowly. Remember your tooth paste contains abrasive agent too.
- Change your brush in every 3 - 4 months or once it gets flare. If it gets flared in one month means that you are giving excessive force that may abrade your teeth.
- All of us have microbial environment in our mouth. There are some good bacteria too. Even after brushing this microbial flora will be re-established. Tooth decay and bad breath occur not because of these microbes but because of the byproduct (acid, which dissolves enamel) produced by these bacteria in reaction with the food particles (mostly carbohydrates that contains sugar) deposited on tooth surface. So keep your teeth free from sticky carbohydrates not from microbes.
- Bad odor occurs due to various causes other than dental starting from common cold to cancer. So better check it.
- Bleeding gums occurs mostly due to plaque (deposits of dirt close to gums). But can also occur due to other causes like vitamin deficiency and several other.
- If your salivary secretion is not sufficient for cleansing action, you are more prone to tooth decay. So consume enough water.
- Tongue cleaning is also an essential part of brushing. So do it properly. Never over do it, which may cut your taste buds
- Teach proper brushing to your children before giving tooth brush and paste.
- Dental hygiene should be started immediately after birth that too after eruption of teeth.
- According to me, flossing is essential for those who have food impaction (lodging of food between two teeth). Otherwise, it's not of much importance.
- If you do proper brushing then there is no need of mouth washes. Remember there are certain mouth washes which on regular use results in stains and it only gives freshening effect not cleaning.
- These are certain oral advice never conclude your problem with this consult your doctor periodically for proper dental care
Smile keeps your body and minds healthy so care your teeth for a big smile
Winter Season has its effects on the body. Basically we feel lazy to do any work and low temperatures during this season makes our body to crave different food. Here are foods which you should be added to give body warmth from inside...
1. Turmeric: This spice is loaded with medicinal benefits. Turmeric has an active ingredient call "Curcumin" which anti microbial and anti oxidant properties. Turmeric is also known to improve immunity. In winter season, it will help in keeping out body warm.
Include minimim of 1/2 tsp of Turmeric every day. Less quantity of curcumin doesnt show much benefit. But before increasing quantity check the tolerance and then slowly increase it to 1/2 tsp a day.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder common among women of reproductive age. Infertility, obesity, acne, facial hair and insulin resistance are some common problem found in women with PCOS.
In today's fast-paced life work-life balance has gone for a complete toss. Stress has become an integral part of life, healthy food eludes us and exercise? - it's a complete ''NO''. To add to this are our vices - smoking, drinking, and irregular sleeping habits. This has lead to a lot of chemical and hormonal imbalance in our body leading to increasing in cases of infertility.
Homeopathic treatment for PCOS is very effective in balancing the hormones and thereby a normal menstrual cycle in the most natural way.
Homeopathic treatment for PCOS is a much safer and better mode of treatment and does not cause any unwanted side effects and takes care of the problems. They help to achieve complete hormonal harmony within our body aiding natural conception, healthy growth of the baby and normal delivery.
Lifestyle management, exercise, and a healthy diet play a vital role in the treatment if PCOS.
Renal hypertension is a disorder which is characterized by a rise in the blood pressure that results from kidney disease. The blood flow to the kidney is impaired due to the narrowing of the arteries and this leads to renovascular hypertension.
The various symptoms of renal hypertension are -
1. High blood pressure
You may experience symptoms of high blood pressure.
2. Impaired functioning of the kidneys
Your kidneys may not function properly due to the impaired supply of blood
3. It may lead to presence of blood in your urine
4. You may be affected by pulmonary edema that results in accumulation of fluid in the lungs
5. It may result in severe headaches and confusion
6. You may experience blurred vision
7. You may have nosebleeds
The impaired kidney function may also lead to chronic kidney damage.
The various causes of renal hypertension are -
1. Accumulation of cholesterol in the body may lead to blockage of the artery due to plaque buildup
2. Smoking may increase your chances of getting affected by narrow arteries
The narrowing of the arteries causes a reduction in the blood supply to the kidneys. This results in the kidneys to release various hormones that instruct the body to hold on to water and sodium. This causes the fluid to accumulate in the blood vessels, thus resulting in high blood pressure.
The various risk factors renal hypertension are -
Medications used to treat high blood pressure are used to treat renal hypertension. It is important that you get your blood pressure levels checked on a regular basis. You need to make certain lifestyle changes such as -
1. Exercise on a regular basis to keep your heart and body healthy
2. Limit consumption of alcohol and reduce smoking
3. Eat well balanced meals to keep obesity at bay
4. Keep your mind free of stress
5. Restrict consumption of salt
6. Maintain optimal weight levels
I am 29 years old and weight 100 KGs. I am having itching issues in the buttock area.(backside) require certain ointments or cream.
Constipation is referred to difficult or infrequent or dry bowel movements, the passage of hard and small amounts of stool. The common symptoms of constipation are feeling bloated, sluggish, and uncomfortable. It can be acute or chronic. Acute constipation can occur suddenly and is noticeable, whereas chronic constipation begins gradually and might persists for months and/or years. At one time or another, every individual might get constipated. The reason being poor diet and lack of exercise.
Constipation is caused due to the formation of hard and dry stools that occurs as the colon absorbs too much water from the diet or if the muscles of colon contracts slowly or very sluggishly, causing stools to move very slowly. The causes of constipation are listed below:
- Low fiber diet, the most common cause of constipation.
- Not drinking enough water and other fluids
- Lack of exercise
- Some medications can cause constipation, such as painkillers, antacids, blood pressure medicines, iron supplements, anticonvulsants, etc.
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement
- Overuse of laxatives
- Several diseases might cause constipation, such as neurological disorders, metabolic and endocrine disorders, and systemic conditions affecting organ system.
- Problems with colon, rectum or with intestinal functions
- Warning signs of constipation include swollen abdomen, vomiting, weight loss, and blood in the stool. When one observes any or all of these, then they should immediately consult a doctor for medication.
- Constipation can be best treated with a combination of high fiber diet, exercise and adequate intake of liquids.
- Dietary changes that one should make to treat or prevent constipation is to consume fiber-rich diet. You should include fruits and vegetables in your diet plan. Eat whole cereals that contain bran. Start slowly and gradually increase the amount of fiber to avoid bloating and gas formation. Drink enough water and liquid.
- Apart from dietary changes, use of laxatives and enemas is also approached that are taken to treat constipation.
- Types of laxatives are bulking agents, stool softeners, osmotic agents, and stimulants.
- Bulking agents are bran, polycarbophil, psyllium, and methylcellulose. The side effects include bloating, flatulence, and poor iron and calcium absorption. The bulking agents, add bulk to the stools and absorbs water. Bulking agents acts slowly and thus are the safest way to promote regular bowel movements.
- Stool softeners act slowly to soften the stools and thus bowel movements is made easy. These slightly increase the bulk of stools and stimulate natural contractions of large intestines and thus makes evacuation of stools easy.
- Osmotic agents are those that pull a large amount of water into large intestines, and as a result, stools are softened and loose for easy evacuation. The excess fluid in large intestines stimulates contractions.
- Stimulant laxatives contain irritating substances that stimulate the walls of large intestines to contract and pass the stool.
- Enemas function is to mechanically flush the stool from the rectum and lower part of large intestine. Plain water (slightly warm) is considered as best fluid to be used as an enema.
Can constipation be serious or complicated?
Constipation can sometimes be serious and complicated. The complications are hemorrhoids or anal fissures. These conditions lead to rectal bleeding. Constipation may cause hard stools to pack the rectum and intestine tight enough that prevents normal pushing of the bowel. This condition is called fecal impaction. Diverticular disease is another complication.
People who are over concern with regular bowel movements may abuse their bowel movements with the use of laxatives, suppositories, and enemas. Thus, overuse of these can actually inhibit bowel’s natural and normal contractions and worsen constipation.
Thus, constipation is a serious issue to be looked upon.