Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subhash
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. SubhashYour feedback matters!
My knee has too much pain. Am taking some pain killers but pain not stop. What can I do. please tell me sir.
I m a athletic person I have to do lots of practice's but due to having lots of pain in knees I face much difficulties.
My breasts are numb. Can not feel dem Im breast feeding my infant Who z 3.5 months old. What may b the reason,
I have gone through surgery for my left wrist, there is plate fixed in it 3 month before but my wrist still not moving properly, also having pain.
Hi my right knee is very painful after some days I can't foot in stairs please tell me what should I do.
She is 30 years old having 6 years old daughter. Suffering from high heels pain. Some swelling also in her heels.
I am 20 year male and have right hand pain relif ointment cram for couple of couple of day but haven't got relit what should I do now.
Paralysis can be concluded as the state when the muscles lose functioning in any part of the body. Any kind of disruption in our nerve system can be responsible enough to cause paralysis. Our central nervous system and peripheral nervous system communicate and control our senses of movement. But interruption in nerve impulses can cause weakness in muscles which leads to muscle paralysis.
A paralysed patient will encounter symptoms like:
- Decreasing the motor power
- Decreasing vasomotor control
- Loss of sensation
- Decreasing bowel and bladder control
- Losing the ability of sexual function.
When it comes to treating a paralysis patient, physiotherapy is proven to be the best remedy. Physiotherapy has thoroughly helped patients with paralysis in getting to feel confident and independent. Physiotherapy includes various exercises and techniques which are developed with time in order to provide a complete rehabilitation to the patients.
Types of paralysis:
There are mainly four types of paralysis
- Monoplegia: when one limb gets paralysed
- Hemiplegia: when arm and leg of a single side get paralysed
- Paraplegia: when legs get paralysed
- Quadriplegia: when both sides get paralysed
Treating paralysis with physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is advised to patients with any type of paralysis. It should be started soon in order to improve blood circulation in the muscles. It also helps in relaxing the stiff muscles. This treatment improves the overall health condition of the patient.
- Physiotherapy is also responsible for reducing any kind of swelling which takes place due to external brain injury.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in making the patient stable and independent.
- It also helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- It helps to improve the respiratory system.
- Physiotherapy maintains the affected muscles and nerves. It provides strength to the affected muscles and works to prevent the limbs from getting deformed.
- One major symptom of paralysis is a loss of bladder and bowel function. Physiotherapy helps in managing the paralysed bowel and bladder.
- Physiotherapy involves different techniques which can be learnt from a physiotherapist in order to transfer a paralysed patient.
- Othorsis, canes, braces, splints are the equipment that are advised to the patient by a professional physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapy helps in resolving problems such as anxiety, anger, depression, denial which takes place after post-paralysis mental trauma.
- Physiotherapist provides safeguarding tips to the patient and his or her family in order to avoid accidents.
- Physiotherapy has a big role in creating the motivation in patient's mind.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!