Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Submit a review for C C Shroff Memorial HospitalYour feedback matters!
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis &amp; Arteriosclerosis . Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease.
The disruption of the normal female cycles of menstruation and ovulation after the age of 45 and the loss of her ability to conceive naturally is known as menopause. The associated symptoms of menopause are heat flushes, insomnia, weight gain, depression, nausea and fatigue. While hormone replacement therapy is the most common procedure to provide relief from menopausal symptoms, natural homeopathic remedies can also be used for the same. These remedies are completely safe as opposed to hormone replacement therapy which has a number of side effects.
The following homeopathic medicines and remedies can be used to treat menopause:
- A balanced diet which provides you with optimal nutrition can be helpful in treating menopausal symptoms. When you get enough vitamins and minerals, the physical discomfort caused by the symptoms can be reduced greatly.
- Phosphorus can help with migraines, extreme sweating, numb hands, fast pulse, memory problems and dry and itchy skin. Foods high in phosphorus content are meat, fish, cheese, nuts and seeds of pumpkins, sunflowers etc.
- Excessive deposition of fat can interfere with the hormonal cycles and cause imbalances in the level of estrogen and progesterone. So, regular yoga and exercise can be helpful.
- Amylenum nitrosum can provide relief from profuse sweating, shortness of breath and palpitations.
- Phytoestrogen or dietary estrogen is a compound found in foods such as soybeans, oats, barley, carrots, fenugreek, rice etc. Phytoestrogen can provide natural relief from menopausal symptoms.
- Aurum metallicum is used to get the tissues and organs to function normally again and control feelings of anxiety and claustrophobia.
- Aconitum napellus (wolf's bane) is a flowering plant and its extracts can reduce panic attacks, heat flushes, over excitability and depressive symptoms.
- Argentum nitricum is a nitrate compound of silver which is used to control excessive bleeding in the pre-menstrual stages.
- Belladonna (deadly nightshade) is beneficial for a large number of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, insomnia, frequent urination, osteoporosis, abnormal weight gain and other nervous disorders.
- Bryonia alba, a flowering plant, is used as a remedy for vaginal infections, rashes and vaginal dryness that are common during menopause.
- Natrum muriaticum, in small amounts, helps to reduce stress. Stress can cause problems in thyroid function, cognitive functioning, digestive system functioning and it can elevate blood pressure levels rapidly.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is a common homeopathic medicine for nausea, vomiting and indigestion. These problems are seen frequently in menopausal women, especially after meals at night.
How and why are gallstones formed?
The bile in your body contains enough chemicals to dissolve cholesterol excreted by your liver. In case your liver starts excreting more cholesterol than your bile has the capability to dissolve, the excess cholesterol crystallizes and forms stones. Bile may become concentrated if the gallbladder doesn't empty in the time leading to the formation of gallstones. A number of factors can increase the risks of formation of gallstones like:
- high cholesterol
- being obese/overweight
- being an American Indian or Mexican American
- being female
- falling in the age group of 60 or above
- a family history of gallstones
- rapid weight loss
- consumption of cholesterol-lowering medications
When should you consider undergoing surgery?
In some cases gallstones that are detected during ct scan or ultrasound (without any symptoms) don't require surgery. If you do not feel aggravating pain in your upper right abdomen or other signs and symptoms, then one can postpone the surgical process according to the need. In few instances, it has been seen that small and solitary gallstones can be dissolved with oral medication like ursodiol and chenodiol. However, you need to opt for surgery to remove the gallbladder necessarily in the following cases-
- sudden inflammation or infection in the gallbladder
- if you experience recurring instances of intense pain due to the gallstones
- certain growths known as polyps develop in your gallbladder which is larger than 1 cm in size and begin to give rise to numerous symptoms.
- if you have pancreatitis, which is a condition involving inflammation of pancreas due to gallstones
- if the wall of your gallbladder gets calcified
- your immune system is damaged
- you are experiencing symptoms and your gallbladder has ceased to function
In your everyday life, it is quite common to experience several first aid and domestic health emergencies. This may include many health conditions, which are minor in nature, but require medical attention. Accidents like cuts, bites, grazes, bruises, bumps and burns can occur any time. Equally common headaches, cramps and ailments, which include cold, cough, flu, viral fever, sore throats, indigestion and several others.
And, homeopathic medicines are a great, natural remedy for effectively treating the above mentioned health conditions. So here are some common homeopathic medicines, which you should keep in your first aid box in order to treat common health issues:
Arnica: This is a very famous and common homeopathic medicine used to treat all kinds of injuries. It acts as an instant pain reliever and by taking it immediately after an injury, quick results are obtained. It gives relief to internal cuts and bruises by a process called extravasation, which involves the breaking of tissues beneath the skin. Effective healing of bruises, cuts and other injuries is also provided. It also helps in relieving the mind in case of any emotional trauma.
Aconite: This homeopathic medicine works effectively in treating several physical and emotional conditions. It successfully treats ailments such as cough, cold, sore throat, fever and all conditions related to exposure and cold. Aconite can also calm the anxiety in patients.
Apis Mel: This homeopathic medicine treats bee stings. It can be taken after being stung by a bee or wasp and if stinging pain is felt along with inflammation. It is also used to treat heat rashes and conditions where the skin gets swollen. This medicine is a diuretic and encourages the body to release water.
Argentum Nitricum: This homeopathic medicine is useful in treating anxiety and tension. When a person is extremely worried about something, this medicine can be used to calm him down and provide mental relief. It can help avoid loose bowel movement which often occurs due to tension and sickness. You can take this before examinations, flights and sea voyages.
Arsenicum Alb: This medicine is ideal for treating several symptoms related to stomach and digestion problems. Problems such as food poisoning, stomach upset, diarrhoea and vomiting are treated efficiently with it. It is also used for mental conditions, such as panic attack and extreme anxiety.
Belladonna: This homeopathic medicine is extensively used for treating sunstroke, different types of inflammations and throbbing headaches, which worsen when exposed to noise and light. Ear infections are treated with this as well.
Since homeopathic medicines are safer than their allopathic counterparts due to absence of side effects, they can be taken for treating day to day health worries. But if in doubt, feel free to consult a homeopathic doctor for more information.
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and caesarean section.
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision.
It refers to the touching of your own body in order to get pleasure and satisfaction. This activity is a very important part of physical as well as mental wellbeing.
Men and women all over the world engage in masturbation, irrespective of whether or not they are sexually active with their partners. There are many myths and debates associated with the act of masturbation, especially for those who are in committal (or non-committal) relationships with a regular sexual partner.
One of these myths is that masturbating when you're in a relationship is abnormal and is indicative of the fact that your partner has lost interest in you and is not sexually attracted to you.
However, masturbating in a relationship is perfectly normal for the following reasons:
- It is how many learn about their bodies and sexual responsiveness, which enables them to perform better during intercourse
- It acts as a sexual outlet for those whose partners do not wish to have sex or are unavailable for a temporary time period
- It is a safe alternative when the risk of sexually transmitted infections and diseases is present
Apart from that masturbation can also help enhancing the sexual relationship as studies show that those who had experienced orgasm through masturbation before they started having sex are likelier to experience better orgasms when they have sex than those who don't masturbate.
However, masturbation comes with its own set of problems. If done excessively, these problems will begin to manifest themselves in the bedroom in the form of sexual dysfunction.
The subsequent reasons entail why it is not good to masturbate too frequently:
- Too much masturbation leads to loss of libido: Some people tend to constant masturbate to pornography despite having regular sexual partners. They often find themselves underperforming during intercourse as unwarranted masturbation lowers sexual drive.
- Masturbation does not have the health benefits of sexual intercourse: Having regular sex with a partner positively impacts many aspects of one's health, such as blood pressure, cardiac vigour, hormone secretions, etc. However, masturbation does not carry many of those benefits, as studies have shown.
- Masturbation has its own risks: It may be considered the safest form of sex possible but it isn't entirely risk-free. Frequent masturbation can cause skin irritations and men who masturbate with roughness face the risk of penile fracture.
The amount of masturbation that one should indulge in is extremely subjective. Those who masturbate regularly and still have a healthy sexual relationship with their partners are in a wholesome place. But if masturbation causes you to develop an aversion to having sex with your partner, consult a sex therapist right away. Compulsive masturbation is a behavior that disrupts one's life both physically and mentally.
It is not a myth but an actual condition that might happen when it is erect and experiences a certain amount of force. However, since this organ doesn't contain actual bones, the effect of its fracture differs from that of an arm or leg fracture. ?
What is penis fracture?
Penis fracture is a condition where an erect penis suffers a fracture. An erect penis is filled with blood, in this condition, if it is bent forcefully or suddenly, it can suffer a fracture. The penis consists of two large cylinders and one smaller cylinder; during erection blood rushes to the two larger cylinders inflating them thus turning the penis hard and erect. In this state, if it faces a sudden force it can cause damage to the penis.
The symptoms of penis fracture are-
1. A popping or cracking sound in case of sudden trauma
2. Loss of erection almost immediately
3. Feeling of pain in the affected area
4. Bruising of the area
5. In some cases the urethra can get damaged, causing blood to come out of it
In the case of penis fracture, one should seek medical advice immediately. If the condition is not treated then it can result in severe complications. A physical exam followed by exams like MRI or urethrogram are used to diagnose the problem. Surgery is mostly recommended to repair the penis after the diagnosis and it should not be delayed for long. In case the surgery is delayed, scarring occurs and it can result in erectile dysfunction.
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
What are nail infections?
Nails are at risk of fungal infections during the rainy season, especially if your baby sweats and continually scratches himself. Nails can become discoloured, brittle and rough. In severe cases, the nail can come away from the nail bed. You may also notice red, swollen and itchy skin around the nails.
How did your baby get a nail infection?
This fungal infection can result from overexposure to water, damage to the nail, or scratching sweaty or infected skin. Any moisture or debris trapped under the nails encourages the infection to grow. Ingrown nails may also be prone to infections.
What can you do about your baby's nail infection?
Its best to take your baby to a board certified dermatologist.
- You are not a drop in the ocean but an ocean in every drop.
- What did he mean by that. Every cell in our body is intelligent to think and act. We have 60 trillion cells in our body and our health depends a lot on the harmonic balance and cohesion of the cells wiht each other.
- In the movie eat, pray love, julia roberts visits a wise man in bali, and he advises her not to try too hard to meditate. In fact he suggests that medidation is nothing but smiling and the line that is a kicker, is" smile with your liver"
- If you believe that this is just a metaphor, lets look at the other end of the spectrum to prove just how crucial this is. Let us say you hold a negative emotion towards somebody, something or some event in your life. Each time you think of that your whole body relives the emotional upheaval of that association.
- Your mind doesn't have a mind of its own, and doesn't know if the event is happening in real time or it is being replayed. So it produces the same stress hormores namely cortisol. Each and every cell of your body starts feeling the same emotion of let us say" hatred" towards that event, person or experience all over again.
- The body isn't at ease. This is a state where the condition of dis-ease sets in.
- If you continue to live in that state, your cells are now getting conditioned to live in the same state. The upanishads talk about" yatha pinde tatha brahmande" as is the atom so is the universe.
- Health of a person, depends on how well all the systems of the body and the 60 trillion cells play the melody of harmony together. When the cells are living in a state of hatred. They soon start exhibiting that with each other and killing healthy cells in the body. This leads to many forms of auto immune disease. Like rumi said. You are not a drop in the ocean, you are an ocean in every drop.
- Be careful of your thoughts, your feelings and your emotions.
- Forgive people, not because they deserve it, but because you need it. Stay happy, stay healthy.
मौसम बदलते ही तरह-तरह के वायरल संक्रमण फैलने लगते हैं, जिनमें डेंगू बेहद खतरनाक बीमारी है। वैसे तो डेंगू का सामान्य लक्षण बुखार है, लेकिन ये सामान्य बुखार से अलग होता है। डेंगू में बुखार की तीव्रता काफी अधिक होती है और कमजोरी के साथ चक्कर भी आते हैं। संक्रमण बढ़ने के साथ शरीर कमजोर होता जाता है और भी लक्षण दिखाई देने लगते हैं जैसे- उल्टी आना, जोड़ों में दर्द, त्वचा पर रैशज वगैरह। ये तो डेंगू के सामान्य लक्षण हैं लेकिन यहां कुछ लक्षण दिए जा रहे हैं, जिनके नजर आने पर तुरंत डॉक्टर से संपर्क करें।
अगर डेंगू के लक्षणों को ऊपरी तौर पर देखा जाए तो तेज बुखार, लगातार मितली और उल्टी आना, उल्टी में खून आना, पेशाब के साथ खून आना, पेट में दर्द, सांस लेने में तकलीफ, नाक और मसूड़ों से खून, थकान लगना आदि हैं। यहां विस्तार से देखें कि् कौन सी स्थिति है खतरनाक.
1. 20 का मंत्र:
डॉक्टरों के मुताबिक, नब्ज में 20 की बढ़ोतरी, ब्लड प्रेशर मे 20 की कमी, हाई और लो बीपी में 20 से कम का अंतर और बांह पर 20 से ज्यादा निशान हों तो सतर्क हो जाएं।
2. तेज बुखार:
डेंगू के संक्रमण से होने वाले बुखार की तीव्रता काफी तेज होती है। बुखार में थर्मामीटर का पारा 102 से 105°F तक पहुंच जाता है। एक हफ्ते तक बुखार तेज रहता है, इसके बाद थोड़ा आराम मिल सकता है, लेकिन इसे राहत न समझें। फिर से बुखार वापस आ सकता है, वो भी पहले से ज्यादा तेज।
3. जुकाम या वायरल जैसे लक्षण:
डेंगू में बुखार के साथ सामान्य फ्लू जैसे लक्षण भी नजर आते हैं। इसमें सिर दर्द, आंखों में दर्द, आंखों के पीछे दर्द, बदन में दर्द और जोड़ों में दर्द के लक्षण दिखाई देते हैं।
4. प्लाजमा लीकेज:
प्लाजमा लीकेज डेंगू में खतरनाक अवस्था है। अल्ट्रासाउंड करवाकर प्लाजमा लीकेज का पता लगाया जा सकता है। ये संक्रमण के 3 से 7 दिन के अंदर होता है। अगर शरीर का तापमान कम होने लगे तो भी सतर्क हो जाएं, इसके अलावा पेट दर्द, लगातार उल्टी, सुस्ती वगैरह भी गंभीर लक्षण हैं।
डेंगू के लक्षण दिखें तो सबसे पहले प्लेटलेट्स काउंट चेक करवाएं साथ ही बीपी पर भी नजर रखें। कमजोरी और सुस्ती से इन लक्षणों का अंदाजा लगाया जा सकता है।
बुखार के साथ बार-बार उल्टी आना भी खतरनाक लक्षण है। लिवर एंजाइम की गड़बड़ी से ऐसा होता है। इस स्थितिस में डिहाइड्रेशन हो जाता है। कुछ खाने और पीने के बाद तुरंत उल्टी हो जाए, तो भी सतर्क हो जाएं।
7. असामान्य रक्तस्त्राव:
डेंगू के वायरस का असर खून के कंपोजिशन पर काफी होता है। ऐसे में अगर बुखार के साथ नाक या मसूड़ों से खून आए तो सतर्क हो जाएं। इसमें बुखार के साथ आंखें भी लाल दिखाई दे सकती हैं, साथ ही गले में खराश और सूजन भी खतरनाक है। प्लेटलेट्स के कम होने से खून का घनापन पढ़ जाता है, ये भी खतरे की निशानी है।
8. त्वचा पर चकत्ते:
डेंगू में बुखार आने के तीसरे या चौथे दिन के बाद अगर त्वचा पर लाल रंग के चकत्ते दिखाई दें तो ये सामान्य बुखार न होकर डेंगू हो सकता है। ये चकत्ते सबसे पहले चेहरे पर दिखाई देते हैं। इसमें चेहरा लाल भी दिखाई दे सकता है। इन चकत्तों में सामान्यता खुजली नहीं होती। धीरे-धीरे ये चकत्ते बाकी शरीर के साथ हाथ और पैरों तक पहुंच जाते हैं। इस स्थिति को गंभीरता से लें। कभी-कभी बुखार जाने के बाद खुजली वाले चकत्ते भी उभर आते हैं। ये चकत्ते पैर और हांथ के तलवे पर होते हैं, जिनमें असहनीय खुजली होती है।
डेंगू फैलने के मौसम में विशेष सावधानी रखें। आसपास कहीं पानी जमा न होने दें। कूलर में पानी बदलते रहें और सफाई का विशेष ध्यान रखें। डेंगू होने पर तुरंत डॉक्टर से संपर्क करें। इसके अलावा ज्यादा से तरल पदार्थ लें, आराम करें और पौष्टिक खाना खाएं।
डेंगू में नीम, तुलसी, गिलोय, पिप्पली, पपीते की ताजी पत्तियों का रस, गेंहू की बालिकयों का रस, आंवला और एलोविरा का रस पीने से फायदा मिलता है। रस से शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ती है और प्लेटलेट्स के निर्माण में तेजी आती है।
हस्तमैथुन आमतौर पर मैस्टरबेशन शब्द से ज्यादा प्रचलित है। मैस्टरबेशन को लेकर हर किसीके अपने निजी ख्याल है। कुछ लोग इसे गलत समझते हैं, कुछ लोग सही, कुछ लोग फायदेमंद, तो कुछ लोग नुकसानदायक मानते हैं और यह एक ऐसा विषय है, जिसे जानते लगभग सब हैं या यूँ कहें कि हर किसी के मन में इस विषय को लेकर जिज्ञाशाएं हिलोरे मारती रहती हैं। पर इसके बारे में खुलकर बोलने की पहल बहुत कम लोग करते हैं। इस विषय को गुप्तांगो की तरह मन में दबाए फिरते हैं।
असल में मैस्टरबेशन व्यक्ति की कामुकता पर काबू पाने का एक सामान्य तरीका है। वैसे तो लोग इसके बारे में बात करने में बेहद शर्माते हैं पर इसके ठीक उलट आंकड़े बताते हैं कि 95 पर्सेंट पुरुष और 89 पर्सेंट महिलाएं लगभग रोजाना मैस्टरबेशन करती हैं। हस्तमैथुन को से सम्बन्धित सबसे पहला सवाल ये है कि क्या यह एक नेचुरल एक्टिविटी है?
चिकित्सकीय दृष्टि से देखें तो यह एक सामान्य प्राकृतिक क्रिया है। महर्षि वात्स्यायन ने भी आज से लगभग 1600 साल पहले रचित अपने ग्रंथ 'कामसूत्र' में इसका जिक्र किया है। कामसूत्र के मुताबिक़ हस्तमैथुन, मैथुन का ही एक प्रकार है। 'हस्त' यानी हाथ और 'मैथुन' यानी संभोग अर्थात हाथ से किया जाने वाला मैथुन।
संभोग के दौरान पुरुष लिंग योनि मार्ग में जो क्रिया करता है, हस्तमैथुन के दौरान लिंग वही क्रिया हाथ में करता है। हस्तमैथुन करते वक्त हथेली योनि की शक्ल में मुड़ी होती है। उसमें लिंग के प्रवेश व निकास की क्रिया ठीक वैसी ही होती है, जैसे संभोग के दौरान योनि में।विशेषज्ञों का मानना है कि हस्तमैथुन एक स्वस्थ सेक्स जीवन का अहम हिस्सा है। हस्तमैथुन हाथ या अन्य किसी चीज़ से यौन आनंद पाने का तरीका होता है।
1. हाँ एक बात पर गौर करने की जरूरत है, जैसा की किसी भी चीज़ की अत्ति अच्छी नहीं होती उसी तरह हस्तमैथुन को भी नशीली चीजों की तरह लत नहीं बनानी चाहिए। अमूमन हस्तमैथुन करने से पुरुषों को घाव जैसा कुछ होने की संभावना नहीं होती पर महिलाएं हस्तमैथुन सावधानी से करें तो बेहतर है। कई बार सुनने में यह बात जरुर आती है की बहुत ज्यादा हस्तमैथुन करने से योनी और लिंग भाग के ऊपरी हिस्से में कुछ समय के लिए जलन होने लगती है। हस्तमैथुन से कोई विशेष नुकसान नहीं है पर इसकी खासियतें कई हैं।
2. हस्तमैथुन के बारे में सबसे मजेदार बात यह है इस एक्टिविटी यानि हस्तमैथुन किसीको सिखानी पडती। युवा अवस्था में शरीर में होने वाले बदलावों के साथ सेक्स की तरफ झुकाव बढ़ने के पड़ाव पर यह कला खुद आजाती है, जिससे पार्टनर के ना होने पर या वैसे भी अपनी सेक्सुअल डिजायर को पूरा करते हुए एन्जॉय किया जाता है।
3. मैस्टरबेशन के दौरान धड़कन बढ़ जाती है। ब्लड का फ्लो भी बढ़ता है और मसल में सख्ती आती है। इन सारी शारीरिक प्रक्रियाओं के कारण तनाव से मुक्ति मिलती है। जैसे कि आप सेक्स के बाद राहत और तनाव से मुक्त महसूस करते हैं
4. जब आप मैस्टरबेशन के दौरान क्लाइमेक्स पर होते हैं, तब एंडोर्फिन हॉर्मोन्स रिलीज होता है। इस हॉर्मोन्स के रिलीज के बाद आपकी बेचैनी खत्म होती है और आपको मानसिक शांति मिलती है।
5. अपनी कामुकता को काबू में रखने के लिए मैस्टरबेशन पूरी तरह से सेफ प्रक्रिया है। और यह एक्टिविटी ज्यादातर यंग एज में की जाती है जब व्यक्ति की प्रेमिका या पत्नी नहीं होती ऐसे में वह खुद सेक्सुअल एक्टिविटी करते गलत काम करने या गलत लोगों से संभोग कर संक्रमित रोगों के चपेट में आने से बच जाता है।
6.अगर पुरुष या महिला सेक्सुअली डिसफंक्शन से पीड़ित हैं तो मैस्टरबेशन से कई चीजें समझ सकते हैं। यदि पुरुषों में सेक्स के दौरान वक्त से पहल स्पर्म गिरने की प्रॉब्लम है तो मैस्टरबेशन को लर्निंट टूल की तरह इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं। आप इसमें सीख सकते हैं कि खुद पर नियंत्रण कैसे पाया जाता है।
7. जब आप सेक्सुअल क्लाइमेक्स पर होते हैं और फील गुड जोन में पहुंच जाते हैं तो इसका मतलब यह हुआ कि हॉर्मोन्स निकल चुके हैं। जब ऑक्सिटॉक्सिन और एंडोर्फिन हॉर्मोन्स रिलीज हो जाते हैं, तब आप फील गुड जोन में होते हैं। मैस्टरबेशन के दौरान इन हॉर्मोन्स के निकल जाने के बाद आप बेफिक्र होकर बिना किसी बेचैनी के सोते हैं, इसलिए अच्छी नींद के लिए मैस्टरबेशन करें।
औसत देखा जाए तो हफ्ते में तीन बार ठीक है, सामान्य तौर पर अगर आपकी आदत है हस्तमैथुन करने की है तो आपको चिंता करने की कोई जरूरत नहीं और आगे भी अपनी यह हेल्दी आदत बनाएं रखें, पर हाँ अगर आप दिनरात इसीमें डूबे रहते हैं या इसकी लत ज्यादा होने के कारण आपकी रूचि आपके पार्टनर में ना रह जाए, तब आपको किसी सेक्सॉलजिस्ट से सम्पर्क करना चाहिए।
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight carrying surface of knee joint is replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage, and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical-grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anesthesia, an incision of 8-12inches is made in the front part of the knee. The joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin, as well as knee cap, is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure
After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well for 20 to 22 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
The Rehabilitation After Total Knee Replacement:
- Full weight-bearing walking, knee bending, exercise next day after surgery
- Commode use, sitting on chair 2nd day
- 3rd day: Stair climbing, start cross leg sitting
- 2 weeks: Suture removal and walking to outdoors
Patients whose knee joints have been damaged by either trauma or progressive arthritis should consider total knee replacement surgery. The post-surgical hospital stay after knee joint replacement is usually three to five days. The surgery has a very high success rate and shows dramatic improvement after a month. This improvement is most notable one month or more after surgery. The pain caused by the damaged joint is reduced significantly when the new gliding surface is constructed during surgery. Initially, the patient will walk with the help of a walking aid until the knee is able to support full body weight. After six weeks, the patient can walk comfortably with minimal assistance. Patients with artificial joints are prescribed to take antibiotics during the course of any elective invasive procedures including dental work. Physiotherapy is an essential part of rehabilitation and it will increase the muscle strength and patient can enjoy most activities, except running and jumping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Orthopedist.
शरीर को नैचरल तरीके से डिटॉक्स करने वाले 7 खाद्द पदार्थ
निरोग रहने के लिए शरीर के भीतरी अवांछित विषाक्त पदार्थ (toxins) को निकालना भी बहुत ज़रूरी होता है, क्योंकि इसकी अधिकता शरीर के नियमित कार्य में बाधा उत्पन्न होता है । अगर आप नैचरल तरीके से डिटॉक्स (detox) करना चाहते हैं तो अपने डायट में डिटॉक्स फूड्स को शामिल करें। लेकिन क्या आपको पता है कि डिटॉक्स फूड्स कौन-कौन से हैं?
- अंडा- अंडा एक ऐसा अमिनो एसिड युक्त प्रोटीन फूड है जो शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में बहुत मदद करता है। इसलिए अपने ब्रेकफास्ट में रोज एक अंडा शामिल करना न भूलें।
- ओट्स- ओट्स एन्टीऑक्सिडेंट और घुलनशील फाइबर (soluble fibre) का सबसे अच्छा स्रोत होता है, जो लीवर से पित्त को निकालकर शरीर के प्रतिरक्षी कार्य (immune function) को उन्नत करने के साथ-साथ चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाने में भी मदद करता है।
- प्याज़ और लहसुन – ये नैचरल प्रोबायोटिक (probiotic) के स्रोत होते हैं जो अच्छे बैक्टिरीआ के उत्पादन में मदद करते हैं। यह प्रोबायोटिक शरीर के प्रतिरक्षी कार्य (immune function) को और अच्छी तरह से करने में मदद तो करते ही हैं साथ ही डिटॉक्स करने में भी सहायता करते हैं।
- विटामिन बी वाले फूड्स- क्या आपको पता है विटामिन बी युक्त खाद्द पदार्थ हजम शक्ति बढ़ाकर शरीर के चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाने में मदद करते हैं? चयापचय अच्छी तरह होने पर शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ आसानी से निकल जाते हैं। विटामिन बी6 के लिए केला,विटामिन बी12 के लिए मछली और पोलट्री और विटामिन बी के लिए हरे पत्तेदार सब्ज़ियाँ खा सकते हैं।
- बीन्स और मसूर दाल (lentils)- बीन्स और मसूर दाल प्रोटीन का स्रोत होने के साथ-साथ जिन्क और मैग्नेशियम से भरपूर होते हैं। इनके ये गुण शरीर के चयापचय (metabolism) के दर को बढ़ाकर शरीर के विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में मदद करता है।
- खट्टे फल- खट्टे फलों में जो एन्टीऑक्सिडेंट के गुण होते हैं वे शरीर को डिटॉक्सफाई (detoxify) करने में मदद करते हैं। खट्टे फलों (citrus fruits) में संतरा, मोसंबी और नींबू आदि आते हैं।
- दही- रोज दही खायें और निरोग रहें। क्योंकि दही खाने से शरीर में प्रोबायोटिक (probiotic) यानि अच्छे बैक्टिरीआ का उत्पादन होता है जो हजम शक्ति और चयापचय के दर को बढ़ाने के साथ-साथ शरीर से विषाक्त पदार्थ को निकालने में मदद करता है।
As a parent it is essential that you condition your kids with healthy dental maintenance habits.
Baby teeth play an important role in helping your child bite and chew food, and speak clearly.
ORAL HYGIENE FOR YOUR TODDLER
A toddlers’ dental care regime includes wiping your child’s gums with an infant gum massager, clean damp gauze or a washcloth.
Once your child’s teeth come in, brush them twice a day using a soft bristled toothbrush with water.
Research shows that children who develop cavities in their baby teeth are more likely to develop cavities as an adult, so be sure to get your child to a dentist for a checkup. It is important to keep your child’s baby teeth clean, but once the permanent teeth start to come in you really need to make cleaning them a priority. These teeth will last your child a lifetime.
At some point, your child will want to brush his or her own teeth. It’s fine to give him a turn. But afterwards, you should always brush your child’s teeth a second time. Most children won’t be able to brush their teeth well on their own until they are about 6-8 years old. Use fluoride toothpaste only when your child is old enough NOT to swallow it.
While what your child eats is important for healthy teeth, how often a child eats is just as important. Cavities can develop when sugar-containing foods are allowed to stay in the mouth for a long time. Bacteria that live on the teeth feast on these bits of food. They create acid, which eats away at tooth enamel. Between meals or snacks, saliva washes away the acid. If your child is always eating, there may not be time for this acid to get washed away.
1st Dental Visit
New parents often ask, “When should my child first see a dentist?”
Your child should see a dentist by his or her first birthday.
Losing Baby Teeth
On average children begin to lose their baby teeth when they are about 6 or 7 years old. It doesn’t mean something is wrong with your child if they lose their teeth before or after this time.
Most children lose their teeth in the same order they came in.
For example, they lose their bottom center teeth first. When a child is about 6 years old their teeth will begin to come loose. Let your child wiggle the tooth until it falls out on its own. This will minimize the pain and bleeding associated with a lost tooth.
A word of caution -Remember!
Giving your child a bottle of sweetened liquid many times a day, or allowing your child to fall asleep with a bottle during naps, or at night, can be harmful to the child’s teeth.
Sing along the Smile Essentials Healthy Teeth Rhyme with your Kids!
Dab on some toothpaste on my colourful brush,
There is no hurry and I should not rush,
Slowly and steadily my teeth get clean,
As I brush all over and in between,
This may take a while,
But is very important for a great SMILE!
Many of the same treatment and evaluation options that adults have are also available to kids.
These include x-rays, dental sealants, orthodontic treatment and more.
Can you think of anyone who is into cycling (professional or a regular cyclist) and has not faced any injuries? You would have to think real hard, as injuries are a very common part of cycling. Right from the stage when a person starts learning to whatever stage they decide to stop at, injuries are a part and parcel of it.
There are, however, some tips that can help you avoid or reduce the incidence of injuries and their impact. These are gaining importance, as there are more people getting into the sport. Follow these and have a happy time cycling away!
- Choose the right bike for your height and frame. Do not use cycles which are too small or too big for you.
- Always use a helmet of the approved standards and use the helmet lock. It does not prevent scratches and skin tears, but definitely helps protect your head.
- Common notion is that traffic rules don’t apply to cyclists. We all can remember how a cyclist gets off the bike at the signal and pushes the bike to cross over. This is wrong and the traffic rules apply as much to the cyclists as to the other motorists.
- Using hand signals to indicate stopping, turning or changing lanes is also a practice that cyclists must follow.
- When riding on the roads, keep safe distance from other vehicles. If there is a cycling lane, stick to it.
- Though cycling with music in your ears is very appealing, try not to do that, especially if you are on the road where you might not be able to hear honking from other vehicles.
- If you are cycling in a group, make sure you cycle one behind the other, not as a group.
- Do not try bike stunts like speeding, wheeling, etc., on roads which have regular traffic. Choose off-peak hours and quieter areas for these stunts.
- If you are crossing a pedestrian lane, get off the bike and cross it carefully.
- Try not to use the edge of the road from where it is easy to fall off. Riding on the road helps others to notice you, so ride accordingly.
- If you are riding at night, make sure you are wearing bright clothing; there are fluorescent colored bibs with reflectors available. The bike should also have reflectors, so others can see you and the bike.
- For regular practice, try staying in residential areas, compared to roads which have other vehicles.
- Ensure the bike is always maintained in a good condition with brakes and gears working properly. Get your bike serviced regularly, so it is well oiled and checked for proper functioning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.