Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment & Management of Stress
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Submit a review for Apex Citi HospitalYour feedback matters!
Are you looking for techniques to detoxify your body? Among the various detoxifying techniques you can opt for, maintaining a detox diet is very important. Consuming food items which are detoxifying in nature is a great way to cleanse the body. Here is a list of foods which should be a part of the detox diet for your body:
- Fruits: Fruits contain a lot of liquids which help the body to wash toxins out. They are beneficial for easy digestion. Containing antioxidants in high amounts along with nutrients, important vitamins and fibre, fruits should be a part of your detoxifying diet.
- Green food: You should consume a lot of food items which are naturally green in colour. They include blue-green algae, wheat grass, kale, spinach, chard and other organic leafy green vegetables. These plants give a chlorophyll boost to your digestive tract, which helps in the elimination of harmful toxins from toxic metals, pesticides, herbicides and cleaning products.
- Citrus fruits: Among fruits, you should have a lot of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and limes. Citrus fruits help the body to flush out toxins and start the enzymatic procedures in the digestive tract. Lemon juice supports the liver in cleansing as well. Vitamin C is a very efficient detox vitamin which transforms toxins into digestible materials.
- Garlic: The pungent little bulb is another amazing detoxifying food. It stimulates the liver to produce detoxification enzymes, which filter toxic residues from the digestive system.
- Broccoli sprouts: These are rich in antioxidants and have the ability to stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract. The sprouts are more beneficial than fully grown broccoli.
- Green tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants and helps in washing out toxins from the system via liquid content. A special antioxidant called catechins present in green tea increase liver function.
- Moong beans: Moong beans have been used as a detoxifying agent in Ayurveda for many years. These are easy to digest and help in the absorption of toxic residue from the walls of the intestine.
- Raw vegetables: You should eat several vegetables such as raw onions, carrots, asparagus, artichokes, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, garlic, beet, turmeric and oregano. The combination of the various types will help the liver in eliminating toxins during the process of cleansing. These contain natural sulphur and glutathione, which help in detoxifying the liver from chemicals.
- Seeds and nuts: You should add some easily digestible nuts and seeds to your regular diet. Flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are ideal for natural detoxification.
You should also consume Omega-3 oils such as avocado, hemp and flax seed oil during detoxification. These lubricate the walls of the intestine and allow the toxins to get absorbed by the oil, getting eliminated from the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
A common phrase “the backbone of the company or family,” is used to indicate the integral role a particular person plays within the context. As this saying implies, the actual human backbone is central to everything your body does and experiences.
- The spine has two major functions. It serves to keep the body balanced and upright, and it works to protect the central nervous system. When the spinal column is in its proper alignment, the entire body is in balance.
- Unfortunately, many outside factors can cause misalignments, or subluxations, to appear in the spine. Injuries, accidents, tension, and overworking muscles can all lead to subluxations. You will notice some of the resulting side effects like: Neck pain, low back pain, headaches, insomnia, joint pain, and chronic fatigue are just some of the many ways in which your body may be telling you that you have a vertebra out of alignment.
- Regular spinal alignment correction is a natural and drug-free pathway to wellness that encompasses your entire body.
- Advanced biomechanical spinal correction techniques that are totally different to osteopathy and chiropractic or physiotherapy, help in practically untwisting your body and release tight and stuck structures. It utilizes specific mobilization or manipulation in some cases.
- With this unique technique, we not only treat the segmental painful area, tissue causing symptoms, but also balance the entire pelvic base, spine, TMJ and balance the upper and lower extremities.
- Untwist your body for a healthy and painfree tomorrow!
- spine Injuries
6 foods to have for a healthy eyesight -
We’re constantly making efforts to stay physically fit. However, we take for granted our eyes and their health. Our eyes, just like any other part/ organ of our body, require adequate nutrition to perform their functions and remain healthy. Eyes require nutrients such as vitamin a, c and e, lutein, zeaxanthin, omega-3, zinc, etc, to stay healthy. Deficiencies of any of these nutrients can be a cause of various eye-disorders. A well-balanced diet can help provide these essential nutrients and thus help boost eye sight, maintain eye health and even prevent a plethora of eye conditions such as glaucoma, dry eyes, poor night vision, cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (amd).
While you can opt for food supplements to keep your eyes healthy, incorporating the following foods in your diet is a better way to keep your eyes in check:
Omega-3 and omega-6 are essential fatty acids (efas) that are necessary for our body and its functions. As our body does not produce these efas by itself, we must derive these from the food we eat. Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines and mackerels are rich in omega-3 which is known, in particular, to benefit eye health. Omega-3 strengthens the blood vessels of the eyes and aids the proper flow of intraocular fluid in the eyes, thus warding off dry eye syndrome and glaucoma among other eye sight-threatening conditions.
Include 2 servings of these fish in your weekly diet plan to improve visual development and the health of your retina.
2. Greens and leaves
Leafy greens such as spinach and kale, broccoli, peas and avocados contain two carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that help boost development of the optical density of the macular pigment in the retina, help reduce cell damage and prevent or reduce the risk of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, a condition that causes damage to the retina resulting in gradual loss of vision. Lutein and zeaxanthin make up the macular pigment found in the centre of the retina. This pigment protects the eyes from the sun’s harmful uv rays that can cause cell damage, thus acting as a natural sunscreen for your eyes.
Generous servings of spinach or kale 2-3 times a week is ideal to meet your lutein and zeaxanthin requirements.
3. Eggs, dairy and poultry
Eggs are another good source of vitamins and nutrients such as vitamin a, vitamin e, lutein, zeaxanthin and zinc which are essential for eye health. Poultry such as turkey is rich in zinc. While vitamin a protects the cornea, the protective transparent surface of the eye, reducing the possibility of dry eye, zinc boosts the health of the retina and prevents night blindness. Lutein and zeaxanthin reduce the chances of developing cataract and age-related macular degeneration. Eggs are packed with protein and go well with all your meals, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. Dairy products such as milk and curd also contain vitamin a and zinc.
One egg or a serving of turkey and a glass of milk a day will keep you and your eyes fit.
4. Citrus fruits and berries
Fruits rich in vitamin c such as oranges, lemons, kiwi fruit, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries and other berries in combination with other vitamins and nutrients improve the health of eye tissues, helps form and maintain connective tissue including collagen found in the cornea of the eye and fights the development of cataracts and age- related macular degeneration.
Eat plenty of citrus fruits and berries, they are refreshing and make for a good snack. Also, since vitamin c is water soluble you don’t have to worry about consuming too much of it.
5. Nuts and seeds
Go nuts with almonds, walnuts and pistachios. These are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin e, both of which are key to eye health. Vitamin e protects cells from damage caused by unstable molecules that break down healthy eye tissue, reducing the risk of amd. Other nuts and seeds that contain vitamin e are peanuts, hazelnuts and sunflower seeds. Chia seeds, flax seed and black currant seeds are also rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Since most nuts are high in calories, consume them in moderation. One serving a day i. E. A handful of nuts will give you the nutrition your eyes require.
6. Other veggies and fruits
Look beyond carrots and embrace these colourful fruits and veggies; tomatoes, bell peppers, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, corn, cantaloupe, guava, apricots, mangoes are all sources of vitamin a and c and beta-carotene. Vitamin a protects the surface of the eye and helps prevent infections, reduces the impact of cataracts, retinal problems and other eye conditions. One cup a day of any of these colourful fruits and veggies are sure to help sustain healthy eyesight.
Acne is a term used to define a broader category of conditions than pimples. The term is used to define skin diseases that involve sebum, keratinisation and bacteria. The condition varies from very mild acne to severe acne, which usually involves the cystic variety of the condition.
As for the percentage of the population affected by acne, this is invariably the most common skin condition that you can suffer from (95% of all people will suffer from this condition at some point of their lives). It is also the most stubborn skin condition in some cases.
Let’s take a look at some do’s and don’ts for an acne prone skin.
Here’s what not to do when you have acne:
1. Over washing – dirt and oil are not the only reasons for your acne it is multifactorial so excessive washing and cleaning will not only make your skin dry and dull but it also alters the ph of the skin and will make it more prone to breakouts.
2. Picking and squeezing – touching your face and specifically the areas affected will expose it to more bacteria, and more bacterial exposure can never be good for acne.
3. Over the counter products – using products indiscriminately can play havoc on your skin. Make sure you consult a good dermatologist to find the right products for you.
4. Avoiding moisturizer and sunscreen – avoiding moisturizer and sunscreen is a common habit amongst people suffering from acne which in turn leads to excessive dryness making skin more prone to tanning and acne marks. Consulting your dermatologist will help you find a suitable moisturizer and sunscreen for acne prone skin.
Some home remedies to try:
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful antibacterial that alkalises itself, not only that, it is also an astringent that dries up excess oil and makes it difficult for the bacteria to thrive.
How to use: take pure, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and mix one part with three parts water, take the mix on a cotton swab and apply it on the acne/blemish for 10 minutes once in the night daily.
2. Cinnamon and honey mask
Honey is a natural antibiotic and so is cinnamon and both these ingredients when mixed together, have a synergistic effect that helps you control breakouts.
How to use: mix 2 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to make a paste and apply on the affected area for 15 minutes.
3. Orange peel paste
Vitamin c is a natural astringent, apart from being that, it also helps in new cell growth and repair and maintenance.
How to use: take two orange peels and mash them in a grinder and make sure you make a thick paste, and apply it on your face for 20-25 minutes.
4. Banana peels
Banana peels contain a substance known as lutein, and this is an extremely powerful antioxidant that reduces swelling and inflammation.
How to use: make a banana peel and rub the inside of it in circular motions on the affected areas. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so and then wash.
Do you have acne that does not respond to treatment? have you tried everything and failed? or do you just want to do the smart thing and get professional help to nip the disease in the bud?
Different speech sounds are acquired at different stages of a child's speech development. Sounds such as /pa/, /tha/ are acquired earlier and sounds such as /sa/, /ra/ and /sk/ (as in school), /tr/ (as in tree) are acquired later. In some children only one or two sounds may be mispronounced whereas in others so many sounds may be mispronounced that the child's speech may be unintelligible. Even at 4 years of age if your child's speech is not easily understood by a stranger then it is best to get professional help. See faq for more information on misarticulation.
- These children have difficulty producing speech on command (i. E, requiring conscious effort), and find it easier to produce frequently used utterances (i. E, “hi”, “hello”, “bye”). Excessive effort is used to produce the simplest of sounds.
- Speech problems of children with repaired cleft lip and palate:
- These children have nasal voice and misarticulation of speech sounds. Early intervention will help improve the quality of their speech.
Imagine if you wake up in the morning and first thing you see is a red mark on your face. It can be inflammatory or non inflammatory or could be pimple or acne. Don’t panic, it can be cured if you bring some changes in your routine along with the on-going medication.
1. Emergency Acne Kit
Foremost thing that needs to be done, is to get connected with your dermatologist. He/She will guide you about the role of some medications and their usage in day to day to life.
It is not only one thing that contributes to healthy skin and you. It is a combination of good habits which can help you lead a healthy life.
2. Have a clear eating plan
ELIMINATE all high glycemic index foods whose numbers are above 70 such as refined products like pasta, white breads, biscuits, noodles, pizzas. Say “no” to fried cooking methods as well fried food items like chips, pakora(sounds very yummy, trust me its nutritional value is zero). Limit the intake of too much sugar and sugar sweetened beverages, they just add unwanted fat to your lifestyle , ultimately it can add bad effect to your skin in the form of acne, pimples , dull skin etc.
ADD low glycemic index so that it won’t spike your blood sugar fast. Add more of home cooked meals made up of whole grains , cereals like used more “atta plus fiber” based options like if you are still craving for bread, opt for multigrain. Try to choose healthy food ingredients.Include 2 to 3 servings of vegetables and fruits in your diet.
ADD Antioxidants like more of vitamin C, E,. Rich sources of vitamin C are oranges, amla, green chilies, broccoli, lemons, papaya, strawberries and some more green vegetables. Nuts, seeds , fish contain good amount of vitamin E.
ADD good fat in your diet - omega 3 fatty acids. They are present in seeds, nuts, various oils like olive oil and mustard oil.
Try to include low fat dairy products in diet. Probiotic curd is a good option as it contains good bacteria which is healthy for your stomach that can help you with skin breakouts.
3. Keep yourself hydrated
Keep sipping water throughout the day. It should not be more or less. The recommended level is 10 -12 glasses in a day. Fluids could be plain water or green tea.This will make your skin supple, clear and free of toxins.
एक चाय की प्याली आपको बना रही है बीमार! चाय पीने के नुकसान इतने बड़े है कि चाय से बेहतर होगा इंसान का जहर पीना
1. सुबह उठते ही आपको चाय पीने की एक आदत होगी।
आपको बिना चाय पिए तो जैसे, चैन ही नहीं पड़ता होगा।
2. लेकिन आपको यह जानकर हैरानी होगी कि जो व्यक्ति जितनी ज्यादा चाय पीता है वह उतना ही अधिक बीमार भी होता है।
3. चाय जो यूरोप और अमेरिका जैसे देशों में रहने वाले लोगों के लिए सही है किन्तु गर्म देशों में रहने वाले व्यक्तियों के लिए चाय जहर के समान होती है. गर्म देशों में रहने वाले लोगों के पेट में अम्लीय (एसिडिक) की मात्रा पहले ही अधिक होती है. अब चाय के पीते ही यह और अधिक हो जाती है।
4. इसके कारण से पेट में जलन और सीने में जलन जैसी बीमारियाँ बनने लगती हैं।
5. उसके साथ चाय में उपयोग की गयी चीनी तो आपको बीमार बना रही है. शुगर, दिल की बीमारियाँ, और ब्लडप्रेशर की बीमारी होने का खतरा बढ़ जाता है. आप एक प्रयोग भी कीजिये कि जब चाय पी लें तो अपना ब्लडप्रेशर नापें और शुगर को नापें ।
6. चाय पीने के नुकसान इतने भयंकर है कि आप शायद चाय पीना खुद ही छोड़ देंगे।
7. यूरोप में तो चाय के अन्दर ये सफ़ेद चीनी और दूध नहीं डालते हैं. लेकिन वहां की चाय भी हरी पत्तियों वाली होती हैं. भारत में काली चाय एक तरह का कूड़ा है जो गरीबों के बीच भेजी जा रही है।
तो अब हम आपको चाय पीने के नुकसान बताते हैं. शायद तब आप चाय को पीना ही छोड़ देंगे-
1. पेट हो रहा है खराब-----*चाय पीने से आपका पेट पूरी तरह से खराब हो जाता है. आपकी पाचन शक्ति खराब हो जाती है और साथ ही साथ आपके पेट में तेज़ाब बनना शुरू हो जाता है।
2. गैस की समस्या-----* गर्म देशों में चीनी की चाय पीने से गैस की समस्या होने लगती है. वही अम्लीय होने की वजह से आपके शरीर में एसिड की मात्रा बढ़ जाती है. जो गैस और जलन करने लगती है।
3. हाथ पैरों में दर्द की वजह चाय-----* आपके हाथ पैरों में अगर बहुत दर्द होता है तो उसकी वजह चाय ही है. चाय का असर हमारी हड्डियों पर पड़ता है. वह गलने लगती हैं. कम उम्र में ही दर्द होना, सोते वक़्त दर्द होना. यह सब चाय की वजह से ही होता है।
4. ब्लडप्रेशर हाई हो जाता है-----*ठंडे इलाकों में रहने वाले लोगों का ब्लडप्रेशर लो रहता है. लेकिन हमारे यहाँ ऐसा कुछ ही दिन होता है जब अधिक सर्दी होती है. बाकी समय में चाय पीने से हमारा ब्लडप्रेशर तुरंत हाई हो जाता है. अब आपका ब्लडप्रेशर लो है तो आप चाय पि लीजिये लेकिन बाकी लोगों के लिए चाय जहर होती है।
5.केलोस्ट्रोल की मात्रा बढ़ती है------* चाय पीने से शरीर में केलोस्ट्रोल की मात्रा बढ़ जाती है. अर्थात खून में कचरा बढ़ता है और दिल तक खून पहुंचना मुश्किल होने लगता है. बाद में हार्ट प्रोब्लम्स हो जाती हैं।
6.तो अब चाय पीने के नुकसान जानकार आप समझ गये ना कि चाय क्यों एक जहर है?*
7. अब चाय पीने के नुकसान से बचना है और आपको चाय पीनी है तो आप चीनी की जगह गुड़ का उपयोग करें और चाय में दूध ना डालें. साथ ही साथ चाय की हरी पत्तियों का उपयोग करें ना कि काले सूखे कचरे का उपयोग करें ।
8. आपको यह जानकर हैरानी होगी कि अंग्रेजों से पहले देश में चाय की खेती नहीं होती थी।
9. अब अंग्रेज आये तो उन्होंने इस जहर की खेती की. उनको चाय की जरूरत भी थी क्योकि उनका ब्लडप्रेशर लो रहता था।
10.अब अगर आप अब भी चाय पीते हैं तो उससे बेहतर यही है कि आप जहर पीलें क्योकि एक चाय की प्याली ही आपको बहुत-बहुत बीमार बना रही है।
अब फैसला आपको करना है चाय जहर पीते रहने के लिये क्या क्या होता है आपने पढ ही लिया होगा इस लिये सोचे मत अपने स्वास्थ को निरोगी रखने के लिए आज से त्याग कर देवे ।
चाय के फायदे आप ने जान ही लिये है अब तो मौका है चाय त्याग करने नही तो चाय ही आप का त्याग कर देगी आप चाय नही त्यागे तो इस लिये आप खुद उसे त्याग देवे ।
The unbeatable Beetroot Juice has been elevated to the status of a superfood owing to its many benefits.
Beetroot, also known simply as the beet, has been gaining in popularity as a new super food due to recent studies claiming that beets and beetroot juice can improve athletic performance, lower blood pressure and increase blood flow.
Did you know that it can boost your stamina.
What if I told you consuming something as simple as a beetroot could possibly help extend endurance and improve performance?
The supplement world is a crazy world, and I know you,
as an athlete, want to do everything you can to optimize training and performance – as long as it makes sense and actually works.
Drinking a glass of beetroot juice or consuming some nice baked beetroot is easy and, in my opinion, delicious.
Some other benefits of Beetroot Juice –
– Improves memory
– Detoxifies Body
– Fat free and energy giving
– Effective for wound healing
– Lowers cholesterol and bp
– Prevents Skin ageing and cell damage
– Improves immunity
– prevents constipation and improves digestion
– excellent food during pregnancy as contain natural folic acid.
Beetroot juice supplementation has been shown to improve muscle oxygenation during exercise, suggesting that increased dietary nitrate intake has the potential to enhance exercise tolerance during long-term endurance exercise.
Quality of life for those with cardiovascular, respiratory, or metabolic diseases, who find the activities of daily living physically difficult because of lack of oxygenation, could be improved.
Some heart defects are present right from birth. We discuss the role of your genes in making you vulnerable to heart disease.
What is Low Sex Drive?
Low sex drive, medically known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSSD), is a condition where you may notice a drop in the urge to have sex or engage in any sort of sexual activity. It is something that everyone may go through at some point in their life. However, if this prolongs, you may be suffering from HSSD and you need treatment for the same. According to statistics, about 15 percent of men and 30 percent of women go through this at some point of time but never pay much heed to it.
What Causes Low Sex Drive?
The factors that contribute to low sex drive may differ in men and women.
Causes In Men
Alcohol and or smoking
Low levels of testosterone
Drugs dealing with depression, blood pressure, etc.
Lost spark in marriage
Causes In Women
Drugs, smoking, alcohol
Drugs for depression, blood pressure and pain
Stress and anxiety
Traumatic incidents in childhood, such as child abuse
Symptoms of Low Libido
Low sex drive happens over a period of time. If it happens over a few days, then it is nothing of great concern. However, if the symptoms persist over a span of few weeks then you may consider treatment. If you notice the following symptoms, then it may be low sex drive:
Sex has become less frequent
Your partner points out your disinterest in sexual activities
You feel too lazy to initiate sex
If you have stopped enjoying sex altogether
Sex is less dynamic and more mechanical
There is change in your pattern of desiring sex
Aversion to sex
No arousal even after sufficient stimulation
How To Treat it with Homeopathy?
Homeopathy helps to treat the underlying disease which may be responsible for low sex drive. There are number of cases in which low sex drive may be present without any other disease in the background. Homeopathy offers promising results in improving low sex drive. It helps in following ways:
Treating the underlying cause
Treatment of Erectile dysfunction
Reducing stress and improving your stress coping system
Replacing your antidepressant and anti-anxiety medicines, whenever possible
Enhancing your moods and stimulating your sex drive
Homeopathy is strongly recommended in the cases of Low sex drive or Loss of Libido. The homeopathy drugs that can be prescribed to you for boosting your libido are:
Argentum nitricum or silver nitrate
- Turnera diffusa or Damiana
From a young age, we are taught that different nutritious foods can help our bodies stay healthy. Want strong bones? Drink milk to get your calcium. Looking to bulk up your muscles? Eat more meat to pack in the protein. But did anyone ever tell you that there is a super nutrient that can boost your brain?
In the past, lutein – a carotenoid or pigment found in many fruits and vegetables – was primarily known as a nutrient for good eye health. But new research shows that it may also play a strong role in developing and maintaining brain function, and can enhance learning and memory. New research suggests lutein, a nutrient known for supporting eye health, also enhances cognitive skills.
Benefits Babies to Boomers
From infants to seniors, everyone can benefit from a lutein-rich diet.
Increased levels of lutein may help speed up cognitive milestones in infants. Research suggests that as babies get more lutein, either from formula or from breastmilk (when their mother has a high-lutein diet) - supports the development of brain function. “These cognitive milestones could include an infant making eye contact with a parent, moving their head to look at something in their peripheral vision, or turning their attention to someone when they hear their name.”
School-age children may see higher test scores when they eat more lutein. The amount of lutein present in preadolescent children’s eyes directly relates to their brain development and learning skills, which can predict performance on tests.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin (another carotenoid) improves processing speed and efficiency, along with memory in young and older adults. Lutein is known to accumulate in the retina and several other regions of the brain and has been shown to protect against eye disease and preserve cognitive function in older adults.
Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help increase your lutein intake each day. Aim to eat foods rich in lutein like green leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, turnip green, celery and broccoli, zucchini, garden peas, carrots, tomatoes, beets and eggs.
With a helpful brain boost from lutein, people of all ages may be able to improve their cognitive function, from learning and memory to concentration and focus. So, treat your brain to a tasty snack - amp up your next meals by incorporating more lutein.
My son is 23 years old but he is suffering from hair loss in such a less age. What could be done to stop hair loss?
Are you suffering from extreme depression? Does your depression episode continues for a long time and makes you feel too tired to get out of bed? Chronic depression is capable of turning your life upside down, causing turmoil with all your activities, thereby, spoiling your regular life totally. At times, a person can get so drained by depression that getting out of bed seems impossible because of fatigue. It is quite difficult to deal with such situations.
Here are some important tips on how to overcome your chronic depression and get out of bed.
- Be depressed upright: It is likely to be driven by the voices in your head during your depression. You should respond by replying to the voices that you are depressed, but you are going to be depressed outside. This is important, as activity and depression do not go well together. You should try to stop your thinking totally and put yourself in an automatic mode. Preparing to deal with thoughts from before is beneficial. When your body is in motion, it is easier to deal with the thoughts.
- Try to make it to the shower: When you do not feel like leaving your bed at all, you should try making it to the shower somehow. Taking a shower makes you a bit relaxed and diverted and you can expect relief from your depressive episode. This is an effective way to get yourself up and running from bed, instead of isolating yourself under the blanket. Taking a shower might bring you some hope and encourage you to step out of bed and do something productive. Even if you decided to be in bed all day strictly, a refreshing shower is likely to change your mind.
- Bribe yourself: You can try bribing yourself as a reason for getting out of bed. You can remind yourself how good you will feel after having a cup of hot coffee, or how nice it would feel to listen to a certain song while going to work.
It is important to give yourself a purpose or reason to get out of bed. Many people believe that they might feel like leaving the bed in spite of being heavily depressed, if they had a worthy purpose. It is very important for you to get involved in something. You might hate a job, or hate working, but it will give you a reason to divert from your depressive thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.Pregnant
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.
Most people will give you a blatant NO. And they are quite right to do so. But if you have been a habitual offender who can't unwind without their drink, pregnancy is going to be a big problem. So does the rule stand in all cases? What if you drank when you didn't know you were pregnant yet? What if you had a light drink here and there, will it literally spell disaster? Let's find out.
Contradictory advice everywhere: Most doctors will advice you to stay away completely from alcohol as soon as that first positive emerges in your test. Others may give you a little leeway and let you have an occasional drink. There are friends who'll confess to have cheated during their pregnancy and snuck in a beer or two and say that their kids turned out just fine. There are other friends will scorn on you for even thinking such a thing. Same goes for your relatives. Like all things in pregnancy, random advice will just not work.
How much can you drink? Let's assume that you are confident nothing will happen and want to be adventurous and give it a cautious try. Danish researchers have some good news for you. Some studies have shown that low to moderate consumption of alcohol does not harm the baby. In fact, in 2012, Danish researchers released a highly publicized study that found no major problems in children below 5 years whose mothers had consumed 1- 8 alcoholic drinks a week during pregnancy.
Unfortunately, not all research is made equal. With pregnancy, each mother, each child and progression of each pregnancy is different. It really has to be on a case by case basis and nothing can be taken on face value. Most people will still advise you to completely go off alcohol as there is no "safe" amount during pregnancy. Some women have a larger quantity of the enzyme that breaks down alcohol. If a woman with lower levels of this enzyme drinks alcohol, it is more likely to harm her unborn child as the alcohol will remain in her bloodstream longer.
How alcohol can affect your child?
There are a huge number of disorders that can affect your child when in the womb and even after because of alcohol consumption. These disorders are collectively called "Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder". It is characterized by increased risk in miscarriage and stillbirth. It can also result in the baby having low birth weight and increase problems with learning, speech, attention span, language and hyperactivity. Alcohol consumption may also affect a girls and boys differently. While both may turn out to have aggressive and delinquent behaviour, girls are more likely to develop mental health problems too.
If you are unable to give up on alcohol, you need to immediately get professional help to overcome your addiction.
Also note that the term "non-alcoholic" beverage is misleading as they can contain trace amounts of it. Consult a doctor today on which drinks are safe for you.
Acne or pimples is most commonly seen in teenagers and young adults, just around the time the body is undergoing hormonal adjustments. Thus, acne is not simply just a skin problem, but often an indication of internal bodily disturbances. Of course, there are other combination of aggravating factors at play, like genetics, active sebaceous glands and bacterial organisms that reside within the sebaceous glands.
An otherwise easily treatable condition, acne can result in permanent scars if left untreated, often resulting in low self-esteem, social isolation, depression and even suicidal ideation.
The skin acts as a window to internal disorders and many individuals with acne are found to have internal hormonal problems like polycystic ovary syndromes or insulin resistance syndromes. Females can have associated excessive hair on the chin, hair loss on the scalp, weight gain, menstrual abnormality and infertility.
- Diet does not have a major role in causing acne but cutting down on foods with high sugar content and milk may be useful.
- Certain medications and creams containing steroids can precipitate an outbreak of acne.
- Heavy and greasy cosmetics will aggravate acne.
- Special soaps, face washes, lotions, and so-called unscientific blood purifiers are of little help.
- Acne scars are repaired with newer dermatological technologies and techniques.
Just like with any other medical condition, each individual is different and will require a unique investigation and treatment plan. This is based on many factors like other current medical conditions, climate, age, sex, skin type and variety of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Jealousy is like love itself, it is multi dimensional emotion (tension and anger), thoughts and practices (nagging; keeping an eye on your partner). To an extent, jealousy lives inside. It is a property of the person as shaped by his or her personality and one of a kind history. When and how individuals feel and express jealousy also has something to do with who they really are as people. Just as important, jealousy is an additional property of the relationship, rising out the dynamics of the couple, a result of their proximity in emotional terms. When and how you feel and express jealousy has to do with you, the individual you are with, and how you relate as a couple.
The term jealousy mostly has negative connotation. Jealous individuals are frequently seen as absurd, controlling, agitated, possessive, and unsafe. At the point when envy enters emotional connections, it regularly brings mental pain, suspicion and struggle as after effects. Jealousy occurs almost regularly inside a sentimental relationship, in spite of the fact that it can happen amongst relatives and friends as well. A little measure of jealousy can be great. For instance, in case that it is mild, it can help a couple to welcome each other and add to the enthusiasm of a relationship. However, extreme jealousy can destroy connections and harm your relationship.
Here are a few ways in which it can affect you:
- Harm your physical wellbeing: It is upsetting to be jealous and delayed anxiety implies a higher probability that you may create health issues like hypertension, migraines, back pain, stomach pain, ulcers and perhaps a heart attack or stroke!
- Endanger the trust your partner feels toward you: Jealousy causes you to question your partner, and he or she may start to doubt you as well.
- Make you perceive normal situations otherwise: Whether it is a discussion you have with your partner or something you witness firsthand, it is translated through a solid channel of jealousy that is frequently flat-out wrong. Indeed, even the most devoted partner can feel hurt, anxious, on edge and furious that they are not trusted. Eventually, it leads to them being emotionally drained. There are some positive things you can do to conquer your jealousy. These are:
- Converse with your partner: Educate them regarding your emotions without repelling them. Tell them what makes you feel stressed.
- Attempt to be objective: Just because you feel there is a risk, it does not imply that it is justified. Attempt to see the circumstance practically.
- Expect some uncertainty: Uncertainty is a normal part of every relationship. You cannot control somebody's sentiments.
- Couple’s therapy: A therapist can help you to determine your sentiments of jealousy. They will help you take a look at the reason for your jealous behaviour and manage it on an everyday basis with treatment measures like CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy.
Cyclothymia is a type of a mood disorder which is relatively light or mild in nature. If you are suffering from this condition, then you will experience extreme mood swings for very short periods of time. During these mood swings, you may experience a low period (depressed mood) or a high period when you are extremely happy.
There is no set or structured pattern for the highs and lows that you will experience during this condition. This feature of the disease makes it more difficult to detect and diagnose. The duration of your mood swings usually last just for a few days but can also be extended up to a few weeks. So, the only sign of identifying this medical condition is that if you are not having a normal mood for an extended period of time then you should consult a specialist doctor to enquire more about the condition.
Though there are no special symptoms of this disorder, the usual signs of mild depression and hypomania can be a possible symptom of Cyclothymia.
Some of them are:
- Hypomanic symptoms
- Racing thoughts
- Minimal sleep
- Excessive talking
- Extreme optimism
- Raised self-esteem
- Being happy without any reason
- Unnecessary fear
- Concentration difficulties
- Abnormal weight changes
The mood swings that you experience during this situation do not get better with time or vanish automatically. So it is always desirable that you seek some medical assistance from a specialist doctor on seeing the symptoms of either hypomania or depression.
This does not always hold true but you might also start to experience suicidal thoughts if you also have a bipolar I or II disorder along with cyclothymia. So, if any such thoughts appear in your mind, then you should seek immediate medical assistance.