Doctor in Arogyadham Treatment Centre
Sex is usually great at any time of the day - and has a large number of health benefits. However, there are certain things about morning sex that can prove to be more beneficial than others, especially in terms of oxytocin release, which increases trust between couples and has been known to strengthen the bond between them. Overall, it keeps you healthier - and happier.
- Works as an early morning workout:
Waking up to sex can often serve as a great option for a workout - and can even allow you to skip the gym. Research has shown that the number of calories burned during an hour of sexual activity is approximately close to the calories you will burn during a 30-minute jogging session - approximately 180 calories for women and 240 calories for men.
- Improves psychological health:
Sex, if it is the first thing you do in the morning, can often prove to be more beneficial than most other options for keeping you happy and healthy throughout the day. It also allows your brain to function better throughout the day by relieving stress and anxiety. Furthermore, research has shown that the positive effects can often last to over seven days.
- Improves immune system functioning:
People who have sex regularly, especially in the morning, have better functioning immune systems, as it can protect your body from viruses, diseases and germs.
- Increases intimacy levels between couples:
Waking up to the loving touch of your partner boosts endorphin levels in the body, and often leads to increase in trust levels and intimacy between couples, helping relationships to last longer.
- Leads to better skin:
If you're suffering from weak memory or memory loss, Ayurveda might be able to solve your problems. Ayurveda uses natural remedies to cure many diseases, and even though forgetting where you put your glasses or cell phones may not sound discrete enough, it may be early signs of dementia. Before it escalates to that level, here are 5 foods that you may try to curb it as the first signs appear.
* Almonds are one of the most effective food items to increase your brain power and cure amnesia. They are a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants that hike up your mental prowess. They are best to have early in the morning, ground and mixed with milk and sugar (or a healthier supplement being honey), or otherwise, after being soaked overnight in water.
* Ayurvedic herbs, like rosemary, brahmi, ashwagandha, shankha pushpin, licorice plant, etc, are all known to have medicinal properties that improve your brain power. Regulated incorporation of these herbs in your diet in requisite amount relaxes your mind, and thereby improves its functioning capacity.
* Indian Gooseberry or amla, is rich in Vitamin C, as well as anti oxidants, which helps boost immunity, but other than that, amla is also known to have properties to strengthen your nervous system. It is one of the best remedies for managing Alzheimer's disease. It can be consumed raw or dried, and at times along with white sesame seeds.
* Fish oil is an excellent way to enhance your memory, especially if you are a non-vegetarian. It contains rich quantities of Omega 3 fatty acids, which help rejuvenate your brain cells. But if you are a vegetarian or vegan, fish oil or even fishes like salmon, might not be the best suited to your dietary preference, in which case it may be more helpful to consume Omega 3 supplements which are readily available in the market, or even fenugreek seeds.
* Cinnamon helps in revitalizing your mental health, when consumed, or even when smelled. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your food, or mix a teaspoon with honey, and it will work wonders for your mental health.
* Nigella seeds, black seeds or kalonji is another way to boost your memory. They are rich in anti oxidants, and alongside also have anti-inflammatory and provide natural protection to neurons. Adding them to your meals can not only improve their taste but also enhance its remedial powers.
Sildenafil (Viagra), whose function is to inhibit a substance called Phosphodiestarase-5 or PDE5 - was initially used only for the treatment of angina pectoris (a cardiovascular problem) and pulmonary hypertension. Incidentally, it was discovered that it could help the issue of erectile dysfunction too, and thus became hugely popular in the late 1990s. The little blue pill, as it was called, ruled more than 50% of the sexual dysfunction market for more than 15 years. However, as its popularity and usage increased, so did the scientific information about this drug, and now there is an increased speculation that it could be contributing to skin cancer, specifically melanoma. This is considered as one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer and so the safety of Viagra sildenafil came into question.
Research has shown that users of Viagra sildenafil are at a higher risk for developing melanoma. There are reports stating that about 45 million men are at an increased risk of developing melanoma due to associated Viagra sildenafil use. The risk of developing melanoma was found to increase in men using ED drugs by 21%. Though there is no conclusive proof as yet that sildenafil is the cause, research is increasingly pointing out its role in melanoma. For example, PDE5 inhibitors (sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) are known to promote melanin synthesis, which may exacerbate melanoma development.
The analysis of biochemical pathways of this correlation suggests that Viagra sildenafil triggers a special biochemical action involving the growth-stimulating cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate (an intracellular signaling molecule) which in turn promotes the growth of malignant melanoma. In normal cases, the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) regulates the cGMP preventing any adverse cellular activity. Sildenafil inhibits the production of this enzyme, and potentiates a specific cGMP-related biochemical mechanism (called cGMP-cGKI pathway) , and thereby contributes to malignant melanoma. This has been proven to happen in mice and is yet to be proven in humans.
However, there are also reports which suggest that this does not happen due to Viagra sildenafil per se, but due to greater exposure to sun, which even otherwise increases the chances of skin cancer in general, and melanoma in particular. The countering theories also say that the population in which skin cancer was detected, comprised mostly of high income individuals who spent a significant amount of time holidaying on beaches and are not connected to the extensive use of Viagra per se.
Therefore, though there is a correlation that has been established, there is no definite proof that Viagra sildenafil causes skin cancer. It is however, advisable to use ED drugs after medical consultation. If a patient has a genetic predisposition to develop melanoma, it is advisable to seek medical advice before the use of ED drugs. Occasional use should not be harmful. Also, when going out in the sun, limiting exposure to direct sun and UV protection should be managed too.
Chlamydia is a type of STI. STIs are sexually transmitted infections or diseases. It is extremely common due to the ease with which it spreads. Also, the fact that there are often no symptoms associated with chlamydia makes it even harder to diagnose and deal with. As many as 75% of infections in women and 50% of infections in men have no symptoms associated with the chlamydia whatsoever. However, there may be a few observable symptoms such as:
Symptoms in men
1. There is a little discharge from the penis which tends to be clear or cloudy
2. Urination becomes painful
3. The opening of the penis begins to burn and itch
4. Your testicles begin to swell and pain
Symptoms in women
1. Similar to men, women have a discharge from the vagina which has a bad odor
2. Between periods, bleeding may occur
3. Periods become painful
4. Fever and abnormal pain
5. Sex becomes painful
6. Similar to men, urinating becomes painful
7. Around the vagina, there is an itching or burning sensation
There are several steps taken for the treatment of chlamydia. The steps are as follows:
1. Antibiotic prescription
The first step is the prescription of antibiotics to the person with the infection. These antibiotics tend to be oral in nature. Usually, azithromycin or doxycycline is prescribed.
2. Checking and treating the partner of the patient
Once the doctor has diagnosed chlamydia, he will immediately check your partner to make sure that he or she is not infected and if he or she is then the doctor will treat your partner as well.
3. Treatment for severe infections
This infection mostly occurs in women. The treatments given to women with severe infections include intravenous antibiotics, pain medicine and hospitalization.
4. Follow up visits
These are usually scheduled three months later to make sure that there is no re-infection or further complication related to sexual infections.
Genital sores usually spread through infection that has occurred during sexual contact. These are red and itchy and cause immense pain. There may also be bleeding if rubbed or scratched. This is usually a form of sexually transmitted infection which can be caused due to dermatitis or other allergies. Genital herpes and syphilis as well as bacterial diseases like chancroid can also cause the occurrence of this condition.
- Medication: The general physician or gynaecologist can prescribe a number of drugs that can help in treating this ailment. To begin with, you may have to ingest oral antibiotics or antiviral medication that can ensure that the bacteria do not get a chance to fester, grow and spread. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for particularly severe cases. Pain relievers can help in soothing the area and the blisters in the genitals, while anti itching drugs like hydrocortisone can ensure that you do not scratch the area which can also lead to bleeding.
- Surgical Removal: A particularly troublesome bout or sores can be removed with the help of non-invasive and surgical procedures depending on the severity of the situation. You may be required to go under medical observation for a few hours or days after the procedure to ensure that there are no complications or further cases of infection.
- Intermittent Treatment: After the initial treatment where you will most likely go through a week long course of antiviral medication, or three weeks of antibiotic therapy, you may have to go through antiviral therapy every now and then. This is especially recommended if yours is a recurring case. Doctors usually recommend the ingestion of pills for two or three days as soon as you start to experience the painful symptoms and eruptions.
- Suppressive Treatment: Very frequent outbreaks can make the doctors prescribe an antiviral pill a day, which will basically act towards suppressing an attack. This kind of treatment is especially helpful if you have had more than six outbreaks in a span of twelve months. This can bring down the risk of outbreaks by about 80%, as per medical studies. This can also reduce the risk of passing on the infection to a partner. If you are taking this kind of treatment, you should see your doctor at least once or twice a year too.
Taking home remedies like a warm compress or sitting in a warm tub of water with a few drops of antibacterial can also help. But you must see a doctor before treating these sores at home. You can also prevent the same by practicing safe sex.
Ejaculation can be considered premature if it happens within 1 minute of penetration or if you are unable to control your ejaculation. There are several reasons that can contribute to premature ejaculation like performance anxiety, excessive excitement, relationship issues and hypersensitivity of the skin. To treat premature ejaculation, it is important to determine the cause and stress that can be a potent reason that is preventing you from 'lasting' long. Premature ejaculation can be life long or acquired.
The effects of stress on the mind
Stress can create havoc in your life and it is closely related to sexual dysfunctions. It is caused not only by rigorous emotional turmoil, daily factors like work or school can also lead to continuous stress, which may pile up to have a profound effect on your mind and body. Stress tends to alter the brain chemistry by triggering hormones like Cortisol, Norepinephrine, Serotonin and many others that signal the nervous system and endocrine to put the body in a state of anxiety which leads to weakening of the ejaculation reflex arc.
Increased level of stress causes the heart rate to drop and the body is stimulated to produce excess blood sugar, adrenalin and chemicals. If your stress is caused due to work, your body will respond to it by diverting blood towards the important organs like hands and legs and your concentration might also improve under stress. However, stress can diminish your ability to enjoy sex, heighten your sensitivity to stimulation and pain and increase impotence.
How stress causes premature ejaculation
Stimulation of the sympathetic nerves and hormonal imbalance caused by stress create an urge to ejaculate. Generally, this urge is enhanced by mental and sensory stimulation till orgasm is reached. One is likely to engage in sex with an amplified urge to ejaculate because the nerves have already been exhausted which leads to an early climax. Men with premature ejaculation has shown significant impact on self esteem and self confidence and many people confirm high levels of anxiety connected to sexual or intimate situations with a partner.
In a recent-published survey investigating the female partner's perception of premature ejaculation and impact on relationship break ups, relationship quality and sexual satisfaction among females, many of them confirmed that premature ejaculation was the main reason for break ups.
Hormonal disturbances in Thyroid, Prolactine, Erectile dysfunction, Penile anomalies, Prostate disease, Lower urinary tract infection can also cause premature ejaculation.
Reducing stress is an important step to cure premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation can be treated with medications, counseling, diet and exercises.
Every year, thousands of people suffer from the burden of unwanted pregnancies; fatal sexually transmitted infections (STI) including H.I.V, all due to the lack of proper knowledge about the practice of protected sex. The only effective way to control the consequences which are attached with unsafe sex is by introducing sex education on a large scale. It is important to educate the masses, especially the youth, about safe sex to protect them from the dangers which arise from lack of knowledge about sex.
1. Precaution against unwanted consequences: When people are provided with proper sex education, chances of them indulging in unsafe sexual practices decrease as they become more careful and aware.
2. Ability to tell facts from fiction: In the era of information overload, the youth tend to get carried away by the information they read or see online, most of which are not verified. One of the many benefits of sex education is that people can easily differentiate between facts from myths.
3. Positive attitude towards sex: Proper sex education enables the youth to develop a positive attitude towards sex and inculcates a better perception of their bodies. The ones who are extensively educated on the topic of sex tend to shun all sex related misconceptions.
4. Informs about the effectiveness and usage of contraception: An important feature of sex education is to impart information about the usage and effectiveness of various methods of contraception. The benefit of sex education ensures that an effective method of contraception is adopted to minimize the risks of transmission of sexual diseases and unwanted pregnancies.
5. Information about the risks of abortion: Young people often make a mistake by opting for abortion to deal with the problem of unwanted pregnancy. Due to lack of knowledge, they tend to underestimate the risks which are involved with abortion. Only people who have been informed adequately on the topic of abortion, as a part of sex education, can foretell the dangers associated with it.
A physical problem related to intimacy is something that keeps the patient from having a satisfactory intimate experience. Many women encounter many kinds of problems at various stages of their lives. In this article, we have listed the seven most common sex problems that women experience. Take a look to know more!
- Lack of sexual desire: A total lack of, or inhibited sexual desire is a problem that may be caused due to factors like age, menopause, stress, hormonal changes, pregnancy and child birth, depression, and even fatigue. Also, a work heavy lifestyle as well as too much focus on areas like children can lead to a situation where sex takes a backseat and after a while, lack of desire sets in.
- Anorgasmia: Not being able to orgasm during intercourse despite plenty of stimulations is a problem that some women face. This condition can be of various types including primary, secondary and others, to depict a range of orgasm related issues where a proper sexual release does not occur. This can happen due to causes like infections, past sex related trauma, pain during intercourse and other issues including anxiety and depression.
- Painful intercourse: This condition can also be called Vaginismus. A number of causes can trigger pain that women feel in the vaginal area during intercourse, which can lead to vaginal contractions or an involuntary spasm. The causes include endometriosis, STDs or sexually transmitted diseases, ovarian cysts, vaginititis, lack of proper lubrication during sex, and stress.
- Arousal problems: Lack of sexual arousal is another problem that can happen due to lack of sufficient stimulation and lubrication which affects the blood flow to the vagina, thus preventing an erection of the clitoris. This condition may also be caused due to stress and relationship problems.
- Related ailments: The presence of a chronic ailment can also lead to sexual problems for a member of either sex. When a woman is suffering from diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, drug abuse and other such ailments, then sex related activities tend to take a back seat and are often also hindered due to the symptoms of some of these conditions.
- Side effects: Taking medication that has to do with depression or menopause can also have a bearing on the kind of sex life that a woman enjoys as these medicines often create hormonal imbalances and numb certain neurotransmitters with the suppressants that they contain.
- Psychological factors: It has been proven medically that stress, anxiety, depression, trauma and other such factors play up on the sex life of a patient in a serious manner. Using frequent practice with proper lubrication and counselling as well, one can overcome such problems. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A normal healthy love life is as important as having a healthy body and mind. However, many men tend to have problems in maintaining a healthy love life due to the problem of impotence. A man is diagnosed as impotent when fails to get erection despite arousal or maintaining it during sexual intercourse.
Physical and mental impact If the failure to get erection / erectile dysfunction becomes a regular phenomenon, it can severely affect the person’s relationship status, not to mention his self-esteem. Sometimes, impotence might be an indication of a serious underlying condition.
Symptoms you might be suffering from male impotence if:
- You are experiencing recurrent and significant trouble in order to get and subsequently maintain an erection.
- You are suffering from a low sex drive for a long amount of time.
- A combination of the both.
Either way, a consultation with the doctor might help to cure male impotence through a prescribed dosage of medications. In extreme cases, the doctor might prescribe an artificial replacement of testosterone within the body or even a surgery in order to normalize things. If male impotence occurs due to psychological factors, sessions of counseling might help to improve the condition. If diagnosed and treated efficiently, male impotence is an easily curable condition.
Causes of male impotence or erectile dysfunction might occur due to numerous physical or psychological factors. Some of the known causes of erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- Underlying health issues: If you are suffering from major health disorders you may suffer from erectile dysfunction. Some of these could be
- Medication and treatments: Erectile dysfunction might occur due to side effects of certain medications such as chemotherapy and blood pressure medications.
- Excessive alcohol consumption, tobacco usage or drug abuse: These elements put many harmful elements within your body and may result in prostate cancer or surgery within the pelvic area. If anyone has recently undergone surgery to treat prostate cancer or other problems of the pelvic area, it may cause impotence as well.
- Psychological trauma: Since the brain is one of the most important agents responsible for erections, any form of psychological trauma, anxiety or stress might trigger a dysfunction in the process as well. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!