Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Sexologist in Dehradun, Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Haridwar, Saharanpur, Ghaziabad & Rishikesh. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh Agarwal
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Premature Ejaculation
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment of Nightfall
Treatment of HIV AIDS
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of Curved Penis
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Sex is usually great at any time of the day - and has a large number of health benefits. However, there are certain things about morning sex that can prove to be more beneficial than others, especially in terms of oxytocin release, which increases trust between couples and has been known to strengthen the bond between them. Overall, it keeps you healthier - and happier.
- Works as an early morning workout:
Waking up to sex can often serve as a great option for a workout - and can even allow you to skip the gym. Research has shown that the number of calories burned during an hour of sexual activity is approximately close to the calories you will burn during a 30-minute jogging session - approximately 180 calories for women and 240 calories for men.
- Improves psychological health:
Sex, if it is the first thing you do in the morning, can often prove to be more beneficial than most other options for keeping you happy and healthy throughout the day. It also allows your brain to function better throughout the day by relieving stress and anxiety. Furthermore, research has shown that the positive effects can often last to over seven days.
- Improves immune system functioning:
People who have sex regularly, especially in the morning, have better functioning immune systems, as it can protect your body from viruses, diseases and germs.
- Increases intimacy levels between couples:
Waking up to the loving touch of your partner boosts endorphin levels in the body, and often leads to increase in trust levels and intimacy between couples, helping relationships to last longer.
- Leads to better skin:
Sildenafil (Viagra), whose function is to inhibit a substance called Phosphodiestarase-5 or PDE5 - was initially used only for the treatment of angina pectoris (a cardiovascular problem) and pulmonary hypertension. Incidentally, it was discovered that it could help the issue of erectile dysfunction too, and thus became hugely popular in the late 1990s. The little blue pill, as it was called, ruled more than 50% of the sexual dysfunction market for more than 15 years. However, as its popularity and usage increased, so did the scientific information about this drug, and now there is an increased speculation that it could be contributing to skin cancer, specifically melanoma. This is considered as one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer and so the safety of Viagra sildenafil came into question.
Research has shown that users of Viagra sildenafil are at a higher risk for developing melanoma. There are reports stating that about 45 million men are at an increased risk of developing melanoma due to associated Viagra sildenafil use. The risk of developing melanoma was found to increase in men using ED drugs by 21%. Though there is no conclusive proof as yet that sildenafil is the cause, research is increasingly pointing out its role in melanoma. For example, PDE5 inhibitors (sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) are known to promote melanin synthesis, which may exacerbate melanoma development.
The analysis of biochemical pathways of this correlation suggests that Viagra sildenafil triggers a special biochemical action involving the growth-stimulating cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate (an intracellular signaling molecule) which in turn promotes the growth of malignant melanoma. In normal cases, the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) regulates the cGMP preventing any adverse cellular activity. Sildenafil inhibits the production of this enzyme, and potentiates a specific cGMP-related biochemical mechanism (called cGMP-cGKI pathway) , and thereby contributes to malignant melanoma. This has been proven to happen in mice and is yet to be proven in humans.
However, there are also reports which suggest that this does not happen due to Viagra sildenafil per se, but due to greater exposure to sun, which even otherwise increases the chances of skin cancer in general, and melanoma in particular. The countering theories also say that the population in which skin cancer was detected, comprised mostly of high income individuals who spent a significant amount of time holidaying on beaches and are not connected to the extensive use of Viagra per se.
Therefore, though there is a correlation that has been established, there is no definite proof that Viagra sildenafil causes skin cancer. It is however, advisable to use ED drugs after medical consultation. If a patient has a genetic predisposition to develop melanoma, it is advisable to seek medical advice before the use of ED drugs. Occasional use should not be harmful. Also, when going out in the sun, limiting exposure to direct sun and UV protection should be managed too.
Chlamydia is a type of STI. STIs are sexually transmitted infections or diseases. It is extremely common due to the ease with which it spreads. Also, the fact that there are often no symptoms associated with chlamydia makes it even harder to diagnose and deal with. As many as 75% of infections in women and 50% of infections in men have no symptoms associated with the chlamydia whatsoever. However, there may be a few observable symptoms such as:
Symptoms in men
1. There is a little discharge from the penis which tends to be clear or cloudy
2. Urination becomes painful
3. The opening of the penis begins to burn and itch
4. Your testicles begin to swell and pain
Symptoms in women
1. Similar to men, women have a discharge from the vagina which has a bad odor
2. Between periods, bleeding may occur
3. Periods become painful
4. Fever and abnormal pain
5. Sex becomes painful
6. Similar to men, urinating becomes painful
7. Around the vagina, there is an itching or burning sensation
There are several steps taken for the treatment of chlamydia. The steps are as follows:
1. Antibiotic prescription
The first step is the prescription of antibiotics to the person with the infection. These antibiotics tend to be oral in nature. Usually, azithromycin or doxycycline is prescribed.
2. Checking and treating the partner of the patient
Once the doctor has diagnosed chlamydia, he will immediately check your partner to make sure that he or she is not infected and if he or she is then the doctor will treat your partner as well.
3. Treatment for severe infections
This infection mostly occurs in women. The treatments given to women with severe infections include intravenous antibiotics, pain medicine and hospitalization.
4. Follow up visits
These are usually scheduled three months later to make sure that there is no re-infection or further complication related to sexual infections.
Genital sores usually spread through infection that has occurred during sexual contact. These are red and itchy and cause immense pain. There may also be bleeding if rubbed or scratched. This is usually a form of sexually transmitted infection which can be caused due to dermatitis or other allergies. Genital herpes and syphilis as well as bacterial diseases like chancroid can also cause the occurrence of this condition.
- Medication: The general physician or gynaecologist can prescribe a number of drugs that can help in treating this ailment. To begin with, you may have to ingest oral antibiotics or antiviral medication that can ensure that the bacteria do not get a chance to fester, grow and spread. Corticosteroids can also be prescribed for particularly severe cases. Pain relievers can help in soothing the area and the blisters in the genitals, while anti itching drugs like hydrocortisone can ensure that you do not scratch the area which can also lead to bleeding.
- Surgical Removal: A particularly troublesome bout or sores can be removed with the help of non-invasive and surgical procedures depending on the severity of the situation. You may be required to go under medical observation for a few hours or days after the procedure to ensure that there are no complications or further cases of infection.
- Intermittent Treatment: After the initial treatment where you will most likely go through a week long course of antiviral medication, or three weeks of antibiotic therapy, you may have to go through antiviral therapy every now and then. This is especially recommended if yours is a recurring case. Doctors usually recommend the ingestion of pills for two or three days as soon as you start to experience the painful symptoms and eruptions.
- Suppressive Treatment: Very frequent outbreaks can make the doctors prescribe an antiviral pill a day, which will basically act towards suppressing an attack. This kind of treatment is especially helpful if you have had more than six outbreaks in a span of twelve months. This can bring down the risk of outbreaks by about 80%, as per medical studies. This can also reduce the risk of passing on the infection to a partner. If you are taking this kind of treatment, you should see your doctor at least once or twice a year too.
Taking home remedies like a warm compress or sitting in a warm tub of water with a few drops of antibacterial can also help. But you must see a doctor before treating these sores at home. You can also prevent the same by practicing safe sex.