Doctors in Medicity Health Centre & Diagnostics
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Medicity Health Centre & DiagnosticsYour feedback matters!
Disorders that affect the knee like severe arthritis or trauma do not allow you to utilize the full range of motion of your knees. Since you use your affected knees very sparsely, they become stiff and this condition persists even after you have undergone a knee replacement surgery. You can, however, get back the normal range of motion of a healthy knee by doing the following exercises post knee replacement surgery.
- Take a stroll around the house after surgery: Walking helps your knees get back to normalcy. Initially, you need to walk using the support of crutches or canes as instructed by your therapist. Make sure that your heels and toes are perfectly aligned while you walk. Walk for 20 minutes at least twice at the initial stage and increase your pace gradually, so that, eventually you can walk freely without any support.
- Exercises to reduce swelling: Your legs or foot can become inflamed after the operation. This is not an uncommon sight. In order to reduce swelling, you need to lie flat and rest your legs on a stack of pillows, one at a time. While your leg is elevated you can apply a cold compress at the surgical site.
- Pumping exercises: Swelling will be ameliorated and your knees will be revived if you perform ankle pumps and circles. Ankle pumps are done by holding your foot and bending them up and down, whereas, circles are done by moving your feet in a clockwise and an anticlockwise direction. Both these exercises strengthen the knee muscles and reduce swelling.
- Stretching exercises: There are two very effective methods of stretching that you can perform by sitting on a chair. The first exercise involves the placing of your leg on a chair opposite to the one you are sitting on. Put pressure on your knee till you can feel a light stretch at the back of your knee. The second exercise is performed by sitting straight on a chair with the feet touching the ground. You need to push your feet outward and inward as far as possible. These exercises reactivate the motion of the knees.
- Lying kicks: This is an advanced exercise that one must perform post knee replacement surgery after some warm-up exercises like walking, ankle pumps and stretching. You need to lie flat on a mat with a blanket rolled under your knee. Now slowly raise your leg, hands-free, or using your hands. Keep the leg elevated for at least five seconds before bringing it down slowly on the blanket.
Strictly perform these routines regularly and you will start walking in no time following the knee replacement surgery. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You might be eating healthy but sometimes few poor lifestyle habits like no physical activity, high salt intake etc. can also harm your heart.
I am 57 years and I am suffering from ed. For last 3/4 months and sperm count is also very low. Is it curable in ayurvedic?
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is time to think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill effects of these snacks all around us. This is where snacks like fox nuts are gaining popularity. Grown in the wetlands of Asian countries, they are also known as phool makhana (because of their flowery appearance) and lotus seeds.
They are a great snack and have multiple benefits. Read on to know about this wonderful, economical, tasty, and healthy dish.
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. They are therefore the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content makes them very useful for people with high blood pressure
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in the pregnant mother
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical, and has little hazards on your health, grab a bowl of fox nuts. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!