Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JayanthiYour feedback matters!
She is just 1 and half month old please, advice me what are care should be taken to keep her healthy. And the vaccination details.
Hello, Mera baby ko vomit hua two times. Uske baad still usko vomit jesa hota rehta hai. Jese hi use vomit sa hota hai main usko shoulder se laga deti hu. N tap krti hu uski back ko toh thodi der mai normal ho jata hai. I don't know ki kya hua hai use. Jab use bottle feed karati hu toh bht pblm se feed karta hai. Like bottle muh se nikal deta hai. Or breast feeding mai b ye hi pblm hai. please help.
My son is just 14 days old. Today he did not go to a deep sleep, just crying and potty is not clear. What should I do?
Please guide me regarding vaccination for my daughter she is 15 month old every doctor has there own chart I am. Confused which chart to follow. Last vaccination I have done chickenpox, hepatitis A, MMR 1 dose.
My daughter is April 2012 born and has a habit of sucking two fingers and not thumb. She specially does it during her sleep. Is it something that is troubling her which is causing this habit of her? She is not sucking it all the time at night but at times which is frequent. She does this during day time also maybe when she feels sleepy or hungry. Please advice.
I have 4 month old baby unhappy always when awake and want to be held by anyone hate to lay flat even for nappy change doctor says stop bottle and feed with spoon done that from last 4 days but still the same behaviour don't understand why please help he is exclusively on top feed dexolac1as recommended by my Dr. can't see my baby like this it hurts when he is unhappy please help.
Mam mera first baby h 6 week 4 days ka abhi heartbeat nahi aai h or aaj mujhe thodi c blood spotting aai to mam kya mera baby safe h ya nahi please tell me m bhot pareshan hu.
I am 3 month old mom yesterday I see bleeding .is it normal. Its my first baby. And I born him by cesarean.
Dear doctors; our baby is 10 days old. And he had a skin jaundice on 4th day after birth (bilirubin was 14.6 ); and hence treated for one day and again measured which showed the bilirubin level as 10.2. And released eventually. Now I want to know the symptoms of skin jaundice as we take the precautions, and one thing. For the first 7 days his stool was blackish, but now it is yellow. Is it any way related to high bilirubin level. But his urine is crystal clear, please advice.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 30 years old from vizag, after delivery I am suffering from oily skin and my skin was totally changed with too dark skin, I am working women and I have 10 months old baby girl I am not caring on my skin, so please suggest how to improve and how to get my fairness skin. Please suggest which soaps and which creams I have to purchase these two things I have easily buy it, due to my financial position.
My brother is 7 year is old and he is very very thin and so weak. He never comes to us say that he is hungry, he doesn' t feel it at all until we make him to eat something. And he has become very sensitive that even if he eats little more than everyday routine he wik get sick. Every doctor has given him tablets but I want to ask that how we should we make him healthier. Please don' t suggest any medicines request you to suggest natural ways what we should make him eat get stronger?
A child's growth pattern is an important part of determining normal growth. No child has a perfectly steady growth rate; children go through growth spurts and periods of slower growth. The best way to evaluate a child's growth pattern is to plot the child's height and weight on a growth chart. This can be completed by a doctor or a health care practitioner, at school, or even at home. The growth chart will show the child's growth over a period of time.
Any departure from a prior growth pattern appropriate for the child's genetic background may signal the appearance of a disease. Contact a doctor or healthcare practitioner if the child's growth or height is a concern. The doctor may suggest seeing a specialist paediatric Endocrinologist who can perform tests to determine if the child has a hormone deficiency.