Management of Abortion
Laser Hair Removal
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Mole Removal Procedure
Treatment of Burns
Submit a review for Aswene Soundra Hospital And Research CentreYour feedback matters!
Hair transplant is one of the finest developments in medical science. This painless, and effective treatment option can help a person get naturally growing hair just like before. However, a hair-transplant is not the first option to fix hair-fall but the last. One must figure out whether he should go for a hair transplant plan in the first place. We will briefly touch upon some topics that should be considered before taking the plunge.
Is there a chance of hair-fall again?
The answer is, yes. While the newly planted hair becomes visible after three-four months, the original hair might continue to fall. The transplant surgery can be repeated after six months to fix those portions again. It will make the hair dense too.
Who cannot go for a transplant?
For folks who possess less hair on the side and back, a hair transplant may not work out for them. Hair transplant requires dense hair structure at the back. A specialist picks hair from these locations and plugs them in the area where there is no hair. While hair from another part of the body can be extracted, the quality of that hair might vastly vary from the ones that are on the head.
When to go for a transplant?
- The timing of the transplant is extremely important. It doesn’t make sense for a teen to go for a transplant. There is a very high possibility of the original hair falling off within few years. This means that the person should go for a re-transplant to cover those portions of the hair again. It, therefore, makes sense to wait and watch before going for a hair transplant process. An ideal age segment to go for this process is around 25-30 years.
- It makes sense to consult a doctor rather than just sitting on the hair fall issue. A doctor can successfully decide the rate of hair fall and suggest a suitable time for the treatment. Sitting idle on the hair fall issue can be dangerous. Once the threshold hair density passes, transplant rarely becomes successful.
- The transplant process should happen at a time when there is still some hair left in the crown. This is the time when the follicles have the capacity to strengthen. The chances of normal hair regeneration are also high during this time.
- One should only approach the transplant process once he has thoroughly done his homework on the surgeon. A specialist surgeon should have enough good will and a good success rate. One should also consider his previous track records and speak to the former patients who have undergone surgery under the doctor.
Bringing a child into this world is one of the most wonderful phases of a woman's life. At the same time, this involves a lot of body changes - physiologically, physically, chemically, and emotionally. Mommy makeover refers to one or a combination of procedures that are done to alter the appearance after delivery, especially relating to one or more of the following:
- Tummy that is sagging (no fat, just loose skin) with stretch marks
- Breasts that are altered in size and shape, sometimes the enlargement could be completely disproportionate with the body and cause back pain
- Undefined thick waistline with irregular fat accumulation
- Fat deposits on the abdomen, thighs, hips, and trunk that do not reduce with dietary changes and exercise
- Skin changes on the face and around the eyes, giving an aged appearance
- Post cesarean, there is excessive skin around the surgical scar
- Reduces tummy size
- Gives a more youthful appearance
- Alters breasts to the desired shape and size
- Weight loss, if happens, could affect the results
- Subsequent pregnancies don't have any complications with tummy tuck but with another pregnancy the effects may be lessened or reversed.
- Since surgery is involved, the risk of unforeseen complications always exists (for instance, in breast implants, there is capsule formation or capsulitis, in rare cases rupture may require removal.)
Mommy makeover is not a single step procedure, but a combination of plastic surgical procedures that are done depending on the problem you present with.
Tummy tuck - If there is abdominal sagging, the tummy is tucked back into position by removing the fat and excessive skin and reworking on the belly button.
Liposuction - Excessive fat deposits in the hips, thighs, trunk area can be removed by sucking out the fat deposits. Most commonly done in the hips and trunk area.
Breast lift - Sagging uneven breasts, drooping nipples, reduced volume are all indications for a breast lift. During the surgery, the breast tissue is repositioned to reproduce a better shape and size and reposition the nipples if required.
Breast reduction - Large breasts are a common problem, and breast reduction is one of the most requested for procedures.
Breast augmentation - Either saline implants or silicone are used to restore breast size and shape to the desired results. Usually, breast lift is combined with breast augmentation.
Facial corrections - From dark circles to sagging skin to wrinkles, facial appearance can be changed based on the presenting symptoms.
These are very brief descriptions of the various procedures that are done as part of mummy makeover. A detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon regarding costs, subsequent pregnancies, aftercare, recovery, healing, and limitations and risks is to be had ahead of the surgery.
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to remove polyps and other blockages, alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
Deciding on surgery: Before deciding on undergoing nose surgery, consult with your doctor regarding issues related to your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
The procedure: The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep). The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
Recovery: After the surgery you will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over.
- You should avoid strenuous activity for three to six weeks.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Will you develop scars?
As with all cosmetic procedures, rhinoplasty can leave scars. In closed rhinoplasty, incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring. In open rhinoplasty, an additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks: Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues.
Walking is a simple activity and it should remain simple. We have forgotten to walk properly since many of us have a desk job. Many of us just shuttle between the bed, car and the desk only. For us walking a mile or so requires too much effort and time. However, it is important that we include walking in our everyday life.
But as we start adding the simplest way of exercise in our daily lives, it is important that we do the same correctly. The proper posture - the proper time and the right attitude is essential.
Head: Walk tall, do not lean forward/backward and stand straight.
You don't have to look down. Always look forward, at least 20 feet ahead. The chin should be parallel to the ground and the ears should be directly on your shoulders. Your back should be straight and should not be slouching and walking. Focus on head and whole body will fall in line.
Shoulders: 'Relax ', shrug once and let the shoulders fall back and lift your chest.
If you are stressed, then you might have tight and raised shoulders. It is best to let go of oneself and relax. Let your shoulders fall back and lift your chest. Walk proud and confident.
Arms: 'Swing', it generates extra momentum and increases calorie burning.
Hands should be relaxed. The opposite arm and leg coordination should be there and your arms should be swinging together. Your leg and arm movement ensures that your body is in close coordination with walking. This also helps in building a momentum and opting for an option called power walking - an exceptional way to lose weight.
Core: 'Brace your core'
Core is the muscle group that surrounds the torso or the mid skeleton. It provides stability and should be activated while walking by tightening your abdominal muscles.
Legs: 'Align and level'
Hips should be fairly level, legs should comfortably swing on you stride. Keep your knees tightly bent and do not roll in or out while walking. Your knees must remain properly aligned with the hips and feet.
The heels should strike first with the toes pulled up at 45 degrees. Then roll through the step from head to toe and finally push off with your big toe to move into the next step. Wear flexible shoes as stiff shoes will slap down rather than roll through. Finally, make your walk comfortable and enjoyable.
Focus on one or two points per walk and gradually in few weeks you can master all of the points without having to think about it.
Nowadays, hair fall and thinning are conditions that most people face and are tired of trying new treatments to fix them. There are numerous treatments, but most have been proven to have certain adverse effects. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is an alternative medicine category, which uses not so strong chemicals or drugs, but slowly and steadily treats body ailments.
Causes of hair fall
- Various skin diseases that affect the scalp. For example, fungal infections known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea, lichen planus, eczema
- Various hormonal changes
- Nutritional deficiency, especially lack of iron in diet
- Various drugs that are taken for treatment of joint pains, high blood pressure, depression or cancer
- Diseases like tuberculosis, diabetes mellitus, AIDS, hypothyroidism etc.
- Hairstyles of individuals, especially those who fall prey to the latest trends in styling. For example, tight pony tails or braids, indiscriminate usage of heat and colour to the hair.
Homeopathic treatment to prevent hair loss
Before any homeopathic medicine is prescribed to individuals, a detail of their case history is required to be studied. Here is a list of homeopathic medicines which help in controlling and preventing hair fall.
- The various skin diseases on the scalp can be a major reason for hair fall. This may occur due to extreme itching or numerous acrid discharges from the lesions that have occurred. Homeopathic medicines like Psorinum are used to treat hair loss caused due to discharge from skin lesions. Another medicine is Mercurius Solubilis; this also helps in relieving the scalp from the lesions and discharges.
- In case of hair loss due to excess dandruff, Thuja occidentalis and Kali suphuricum are the medicines that can be used.
- In case of hair loss due to childbirth or menopause, Natrum muriaticum and Pulsatilla pratensis can be excellent medicines for effective treatment. Another treatment can be Sepia officinalis.
- The hair fall caused by anaemia can be treated by using Borax, Cinchona officinalis and Calcarea phorphorica.
- For alopecia, phophorus, calcarea, fluoricum acidum, vinca minor, carbonica are used.
- In order to fight baldness, medicines like Silicea, Sulphur, Baryta carbonica, Lycopodium clavatum can be prescribed.
These are just a few treatments in a nutshell, but there are numerous others to be discussed. To know the right medicine for you, you can always consult a qualified homeopathic practitioner.
There are so many reasons people get inked. For some, a tattoo is a form of expression for other, a reminder of incidents and people. Since a tattoo is permanent, it needs to be carefully thought about. Today, you may think having your girlfriend's name inked onto your skin is a way of declaring your love but what if tomorrow, you break up. Ex lovers names are probably the most common tattoos that people ask to be removed. Yes, tattoos can be removed but it isn't as easy as it sounds.
What makes a tattoo permanent is the depth the ink permeates to. Unlike writing on your skin with a pen, ink in a permanent tattoo is placed in the dermis. This layer of skin lies under the epidermis and cannot be easily accessed. Thus using a cream or ointment will not help you remove a permanent tattoo. It may help bleach the pigment slightly but will scar your skin leaving the area looking worse than it was before. Using an acid to remove tattoos is also not advisable as this will scar the skin.
The only way to effectively remove a tattoo without scarring is with laser treatment. The laser penetrates the skin and breaks up the ink particles. This makes the body's immune system recognize the ink as alien elements and removes them through the lymphatic system. This leaves the rest of your skin undamaged. Laser treatment to remove a tattoo is not a onetime procedure and may need to be repeated a number of times depending on the number of colours, size of tattoo and quality of ink used.
A single laser cannot be used to treat all the colours in your tattoo. Lasers of different wavelengths are used to remove different colours. Thus, the more colours in a tattoo, the longer it will take to be removed. In some cases, even with laser treatment, the tattoo cannot be completely removed and a shadow may remain. Fluorescent colours are the most difficult to remove. Contrary to popular belief, black and red pigments are the easiest to remove. Laser treatment can also be used on any skin colour though it may take a few extra sessions to remove tattoos on dark skin. The location of your tattoos also plays a great role in determining how easy it will be to remove. The closer the tattoo is to your heart, the better the results.
In most cases, removing a tattoo takes 5-12 laser treatment sessions. This can take from 6 to 12 months as the dermatologist will probably ask you to wait a month between sittings. Each laser treatment session is expensive and hence removing a tattoo is much more expensive than getting one. Hence, think before you ink.
Do you consume soy milk on a regular basis? Soy milk is full of essential nutrients and is a source of complete protein for vegns and vegetarians. However, some people avoid taking soy milk as several compounds similar to the female hormone estrogen are present in soy milk. In spite of having several cons, the pros of drinking soy milk are significant and essential for maintaining good health.
- Nutrients in soy milk: Soy milk contains protein in large amounts and is fortified with micro nutrients such as vitamin D, calcium, phosphorous, vitamin A, vitamin B 12 and Riboflavin. One cup of soy milk contains about 8 grams of protein. Soy milk also contains Alpha Linolenic Acid or ALA, an Omega-3 fatty acid, which the body requires for proper functioning. The micro nutrients contained in soy milk are similar to those present in cow milk.
- It is lactose-free: Cow milk contains lactose, which is a natural sugar and many people find it hard to digest it. Soy milk is completely lactose free. Hence, if you have a milk allergy or are lactose intolerant, soy milk serves to be an ideal nutritional replacement without having any negative side effects on your body.
There are several health benefits, which are obtained by drinking soya milk. It is free of dietary cholesterol, trans fat and saturated fat, which indicates that your risk of heart disease is reduced. Drinking 25 grams of soy milk as a part of a healthy diet prevents the occurrence of heart diseases. Soy contains isoflavones which help in the prevention of hormone associated cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and endometrial cancer.
In spite of having several health benefits, there are some potential concerns associated with soy milk and its consumption. According to some studies, soy can affect or impact fertility in men. Soy may also increase the activity of thyroid hormone and reduce thyroid function. Moreover, milk is considered to be more effective than soy protein in boosting lean muscle mass.
Soy milk accounts for being one of the most ideal non dairy milk varieties, if you are concerned about matching its nutrient content with cow’s milk. Recently, there have been some controversies regarding the benefits of soy milk as GMOs or genetically modified organisms are used in it. However, there are many soy milk manufacturing brands which do not use GMOs. Moreover, there is no evidence about GMOs being harmful to the body.
No Blood, No needle, No visit to hospital, you can do yourself at home with sterile fluid. A thin layer of transparent screen like structure hangs in front of the abdominal muscles known as peritoneum. This peritoneum protects the abdominal structures and the muscle. This can also be used for performing dialysis which is carried out when the functioning of kidney gets affected. In peritoneal dialysis a thin and soft catheter is placed in the person’s belly one-two weeks before performing the procedure.
The catheter has numerous holes in order to facilitate the infusion of fluids. Dialysis solution is prepared in a bag and the tubing is connected to the catheter placed in the abdomen thereby, the fluids absorb the waste materials from the body. The fluid is allowed to stay in your body for a particular period of time which is commonly referred as dwell time and later the fluid is drained out.
There are two types of peritoneal dialysis, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and automated peritoneal dialysis. This is the simple form of dialysis which anybody can be performed after a short training period and this can be done anywhere in a clean private place like hotels, home and even in office.
Procedure followed during Peritoneal Dialysis
All you need to perform a peritoneal dialysis is catheter and transfer set, cycler, dialysis solution and safety precautions materials to stay away from getting infections.
Step 1 - Perform a sterile aseptic technique. Wear a glove and surgical mask before connecting the catheter and transfer set. Clamp the tubing and remove the catheter once the dialysis solution enters your abdomen
Step 2 - Allow the solution to remain in your abdomen for a particular period of dwell time
Step 3 - Drain the fluid from the abdominal cavity into the drain bag. You may feel a mild tugging sensation when an adequate amount of fluid is drained.
Step 4 - After drain close or clamp the transfer set and later flush a fresh solution directly to drain bag so as to remove the air from the tubing.
Step 5 - Close your drain bag and open your transfer set and refill your belly with fresh solution.
Make sure you perform without giving way for infection by following the procedure.
Taking care of a newborn is indeed difficult; you need to be alert all the time. In the first few months, the baby needs more care than anything else. You have to sacrifice your sleep over your child to just make sure that the cotton ball like an infant is all right. Though the first few weeks and the months seem chaotic for the first-time parents, the happiness and the joy of being a parent overrides the pain.
As a first-time parent, you need to understand a few things which are crucial for you as well as your baby and here are seven tips for the first-time parents.
#1. Your Health Is Baby’s Wealth
As your baby will feed on you for the first few months, you need to hone your health first. Maybe this tip seems little off track. However, the fact that if you don’t eat properly or you have nutrients deficit in your body you can’t provide the required nutrition to the little one justifies the point. Keep your blood sugar under control, maintain a proper diet with a maximum quantity of vitamins, proteins and minimum amount of salt in it.
#2. Consult Your Doctor And Prepare For Breastfeeding
The primary way to deliver the nutrients and food to your baby is breastfeeding. The doctor recommends breastfeeding till the baby is six months old and in those six months, you shouldn’t use artificial baby food. Consult with your gynecologist and child specialist when you should start breastfeeding and how many times a day you can feed your baby. Doctors will also guide you in producing the maximum amount of milk for your baby.
#3. Wiping It Out
No, you don’t need to buy the costly wipes when your baby in just feeding on your milk. Rather it is better to wipe the little creature with damp cotton or soft cloth. It is more suitable for the newborn as the chances of having rashes are quite low.
#4. Sterilize It All
Yes, you need to keep the germs and the bacteria away from your child, and the best way to do that is to clean all the products that you use on your baby. It might be just a spoon or the feeding bottle or the items with which your child plays.
#5. Diaper For Long Sleep
Choose the diaper wisely for the baby. For long sleep like in the night, you need to use the maxi diapers so that neither your child nor you have to wake up in between your sleep and change it.
#6. Don’t Panic
Babies need to cry, don’t panic every time! This is the way they connect and communicate so stop bothering yourself thinking what you are doing wrong.
#7. Love and Care
The last but the most important tip is that you need to care for your baby which you would obviously do. But don’t become an overprotective parent, let the child grow according to the nature rules.
Is there any treatment for fertility. If yes then how much time and cost approximately it will take. Age 35 female & 38 male. Marriage 1 year.
Married four months back, sexual life was going good usually intercourse on daily basis. From a month back intercourse reduced to weekly basis only on weekends, since then, whenever I ejaculate with or without condom feel irritation over the foreskin of penis and also I found lots small cuts over the tip. Please suggest.
I have successfully treated highest number of Leucoderma and Vitiligo patients in India since past 32 years and homoeopathy along with holistic modes have been a miraculous aid in giving the results. In this article, I bring to you the topic of a famous personality and his confrontation with Vitiligo.
- Michael Jackson songs, the king of pop, thriller, moonwalk getting nostalgic? We all remember Michael Jackson as the king of pop, he stirred up the ear with his over the top songs and breathtaking dance moves! His death shook the world and the music industry at large.
- He always had been the talk of the town not only for his art but for his appearance.
- Michael Jackson skin color raised controversies and questions among fans and fellow artists. He was accused of skin bleaching and using various techniques to turn white because he didn’t like his skin color. However he shunned these allegations by admitting to having Vitiligo on Oprah Winfrey’s show.
Vitiligo is an autoimmune skin disorder which causes loss of pigment in the skin. The melanin production capacity of the skin gets dysfunctional. This causes white patches on skin which can spread like it did on Michael Jackson. Due to less awareness of Vitiligo back then everyone believed that Michael Jackson was making up a story to cover the allegations of skin bleaching.
Only 2% of the world’s population suffers from Vitiligo and Jackson had a paternal history of the disease which was dominant in his case.
Vitiligo began on Michael Jackson’s skin soon after Thriller album, it started off as white dots on his hands skin which he covered with Billie Jean Gloves. But, in no time it spread over his full hand and body, he initially tried to cover it with full coverage makeup but it did him no good as patches begin to grow. When the disease went out of control, he opened up about his condition.
Though harmless otherwise these white patches become a cause of embarrassment and low self esteem in highly pigmented individuals like Michael Jackson himself. He was born a black american but in his adulthood his skin turned white. He fell a prey to innumerous allegations and racist comments because of the lack of knowledge among the people. Michael Jackson Vitiligo was confirmed in a biopsy report and was made public thus proving he really did have vitiligo.
Who all can have Vitiligo?
Vitiligo rarely shows familial history but this factor cannot be ruled out. It can affect people of any age group, race or sex. Vitiligo is generally more prominent in countries like India, Egypt and other tropical countries. Many cases have seen its onset after menopause, at 15 years of age, or as early as the age of 5. Vitiligo is non infectious and non-contagious and cannot spread with touch. It has no relationship to leprosy, however there can be differential diagnosis of seeing white patches on skin.
What can cause Vitiligo?
Exact causes of vitiligo have not been established yet but it can be due to gastrointestinal disorder like chronic amoebiasis, chronic dyspepsia and intestinal worms may be additional factors.
Trauma or local irritation from wearing tight blouses and clothes can also produce Vitiligo in individuals predisposed to it. Acute stress may be followed by fast spreading vitiligo. Endocrine disorders or nutritional disorders can also be revolving cause for Vitiligo.Not infrequently it has been seen vitiligo appearing after use of broad-spectrum antibiotics esp chloramphenicol and streptomycin.
How to treat Vitiligo?
In Michael Jackson’s case he matched his unaffected skin color with the vitiligo skin color by going a shade lighter which made him appear completely white. However with the advancement over years it is possible to treat vitiligo.
For stationary and small patches there are temporary options to dye the white patch into the skin color. It is done by doing a patch test and seeing which color is absorbed by the skin.
Whereas for a permanent long time solution it is important to treat this condition constitutionally by promoting the production of melanin internally by medicines.
Some local applications and frequent sun exposure on the patches can also help in repigmentation.
Avoid eating food from animal sources.
Avoid wearing tight clothes and prevent trauma on skin.
Do not stress as it can also contribute in producing vitiligo.
Apply pure ghee with turmeric on white patches and take sun exposure.
At Valeda, you can avail a holistic treatment to cure Vitiligo permanently by constitutional medicines and total wellness using techniques of acupuncture that will strengthen your immune system and also treat your Vitiligo Skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.