Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. K KannanYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old male I want toh loose some weight. cholesterol n want to be fit and healthy in my coming life. So what can I do.
A doctor prescribed Ramipril (Generic name: Altace) to my mom as she is suffering from B. P. There are so many adverse reactions when it is administrated. Can you say me what is the reason behind why the patient will suffer from adverse reactions like vertigo, renal impairment. Will the adverse reactions of the drug differs from a patient to patient like their age, diet, personality?
Hi this is for my father who already got a heart attack due to artery blockage. For him angioplasty has been done and now he is okay and taking rest. So pls suggest how he should take care in terms of food, exercise, diet etc. How can he get rid of heart attack in the rest of his life? your suggestions will be valuable. My father age is 65. Thank you.
If I have pain in chest area which hurts when I touch or move but disappeared for weeks then occasionally comes back should I be worried.
Summers have arrived and the temperature rises every day. Summer brings with it, its own set of problems. Most common summer disorders are dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat stroke on one hand and acidity, infections, diarrhea, cholera, Typhoid and Jaundice on the other hand.
Dehydration can precipitate heart attack in susceptible individuals. The normal fluid requirement is 30 ml per kg weight, but the same needs to be increased in the summer because of the loss of fluid from sweating. Apart from water, sodium or salt is also lost. A person, therefore, needs to take more fruits during summer period. Not passing urine in eight hours, dry armpits, feeling exhausted or feeling weak are suggestive of underlying dehydration.Dehydration can make the blood thick and precipitate heart attack in patients with uncontrolled blood pressure or diabetes.
Walking is a necessity for heart patients and the same should be continued even during peak summer but the timing should be so chosen that peak heat periods are avoided. One can walk early in the morning or late in the evening. People taking anti-allergic pills should take special precautions as they are more likely to get heat stroke. Heat stroke is a medical emergency leading to charring of organs because of extreme internal heat. A person?s temperature may be more than 105°F.
Bad breath is a dental problem which could also emanate due to poor digestion. It can also be experienced as a side effect of other ailments as well as medications. Smoking and bad diet may lead to this and it usually becomes a matter of low self-esteem as time goes by. Homeopathy is one of the most natural forms of medication, treatment and wellness when it comes to such problems that affect the lifestyle of the patient. These medicines usually combine very small doses of naturally found elements so as to cure an ailment or condition. Yet, it is important to remember that one must get a prescription for these medicines from a professional medical practitioner.
Read on to know more about the types of homeopathic remedies available for bad breath.
- Merc Sol: If your bad breath problem also comes with symptoms like a moist mouth or constant dribbling, then this medicine may be prescribed. This usually happens when the salivary glands become too active and produce more moisture than what the mouth can handle on a normal basis.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is usually prescribed if the patient complains of a dry mouth along with a bad breath problem. This helps in treating related symptoms like the lack of proper hydration due to the lack of thirst. Not drinking enough water can also lead to the problem of dry mouth and thereafter, a bad odour from the mouth.
- Kreosote: This medicine is considered as a very effective medication for bad breath, especially if the bad breath takes place due to caries in the teeth. This medicine can also help patients who are experiencing bleeding gums along with caries and bad breath.
- Hepar Sulphur and Carbo Veg: The combination of these two medicines is known as one of the best when it comes to treating bad breath. The other symptoms that call for the prescription of these medicines include Gingivitis or gum infection related problems and symptoms. When there is bleeding and pus in the gums due to the infection, then this medicine is usually prescribed. Excessive salivation is also another symptom that is treated by this medicine combination. Hepar Sulphur can be used if there is a throat-related infection or ailment that can lead to the problem of bad breath.
- Carbolic Acid: A homeopathic doctor will usually prescribe this medicine if the problem of bad breath is accompanied by intense and perpetual pain in the abdomen. The patient will also complain of gas in stomach due to the ailment that affects the stomach in such cases. This gives rise to many symptoms including bad breath. Loss of appetite is also treated by this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.