Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjushree R. Naik
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjushree R. NaikYour feedback matters!
Contact Dermatitis and Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis may be caused due to a variety of reasons. While contact dermatitis is a less severe condition that is caused when irritants escape from dirt and pollution to settle on the skin, Eczema refers to the inflammation of the skin due to allergic reactions or a family history of a similar condition. Contact dermatitis is usually characterised by sores and redness, while contact dermatitis will show up in the form of boil like eruptions. Homeopathy is one of the best, long term methods for treatment of this condition.
Let us see how this medicinal field can be used:
- Graphites: This medication helps in soothing the oozing that may happen from the boils found in eczema. This is also ideal for eczema patients who are obese or suffering from constipation. It is best suited for skin that has become hard and rough. It can cure the sticky discharge that may come from the pus filled boils. It can also be used for dermatitis, which can be seen in the folds of the skin and the abdomen.
- Mezereum: This medicine helps when there is a crust like formation due to dermatitis. The substance can also soothe the acute itching sensation, which takes place when there is pus filled below the dark layer of the crust. This itching usually gets worse at night.
- Hepar Sulphur: This medicine is best for severe cases when there is too much pus involved and about to burst out. It can also treat the deep cracks that may be found on the surface of the skin as well as the acute and intense itching sensation. Also, such severe cases leave the skin feeling sensitive to the slightest breeze or wind, in which case Hepar Sulphur can work well.
- Dulcamara: This medicine is best suited for patients, who live in places where it rains often and heavily. Dermatitis usually increases and becomes even more painful during monsoons and this medicine can help in bringing down the itching which may also cause bleeding on the yellow black crusts.
- Sulphur: When a burning sensation is one of the symptoms of dermatitis, Sulphur can be used. This is also prescribed for other skin ailments and for those who have a hereditary skin condition. This can also be used by patients who have had a relapse in their condition due to damp or cool weather, especially like monsoons, springtime or autumn. It also helps in soothing the symptoms of contact dermatitis which may occur due to contact with new detergent and clothing as well as pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hair and scalp health are closely interlinked with each other. A healthy scalp is an indicator of healthy hair, thus, focus on improving the scalp condition. Usually scalp is either dry or oily, both the conditions in excess is bad. Problems in the hair is a sign of dosha imbalance in the body, so various remedies may be adhered to so that the imbalance is corrected.
Ayurveda, being a holistic method of treatment, has a beneficial effect on the body. Ayurveda has the following remedies to improve scalp and hair health:
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your scalp. The foods you eat is an indicator of your hair health. Avoid eating junk foods as these foods results in accumulation of toxins in the body. Include leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet as they contain antioxidants which are good for your skin health.
- Keep your scalp clean: Use an herbal shampoo to cleanse your hair on a regular basis, followed by an herbal conditioner to retain the moisture in your hair. The shampoo should contain herbal ingredients such as neem and shikhakai as they have anti-bacterial properties. Make sure to wash your hair every alternate day, as excessive washing may lead to an oily scalp.
- Massage your scalp: Massaging your scalp improves blood circulation in your scalp, and also assists in dissipating stress from your scalp. The oil nourishes the scalp and helps in improving the quality of your hair.
- Sleep: Quality sleep is as important for hair as your diet. Make sure you get 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep to revitalize your body.
- Herbs: Apart from the above-mentioned remedies, you may also use herbs like methi. Methi has certain properties that make it a very effective remedy for hair growth. You may apply methi paste on your hair before shampooing. Aloevera is another herb that is very good for your hair and skin health. You may consume it or apply it on the hair to avail its benefits.
- Not to wash your hair alternate days and leave it without applying oil.
- Plastic combs are not good as they get charged due to friction and pull the hair, so apply coconut oil daily to smoothly comb the hair and wash hair twice a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.