Doctors in Mallige Medical Centre
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Submit a review for Mallige Medical CentreYour feedback matters!
Cartilage is a fine, rubbery elastic tissue that acts as cushion between the bones in the joint spaces. It is a connective tissue and enables the joints to move freely and smoothly. It acts as a shock absorber and reduces the friction between the joints. This cartilage could either be damaged as a result of injury or degeneration as part of normal ageing process. Either of this causes friction during joint movement, causing painful, stiff movements and in some cases, even swelling of the joint spaces.
There is also a covering around the joints known as synovium. When there is a cartilage damage, this synovium is irritated, leading to increased secretion of synovial fluid, which can cause swelling in joints. There is also reduction in the range of motion of the affected joint.
Most commonly affected joints include knees, hips, shoulders, elbows and ankles. Other than degeneration that happens with ageing, cartilage damage is mainly caused by injury or trauma including fall/impact, joint dislocation, infection, ligament tear, meniscus tear, and inflammation (gout, arthritis, etc.)
Age and trauma are the main reasons for cartilage damage.
Direct blow: A heavy blow directly to any joint leads to damage (accident, sports injury, etc.).
Ageing: With constant wear and tear, joints that are under constant stress are prone for damage.
Obesity: This is also a common cause leading to chronic inflammation and breakdown of the joints.
Limited mobility: For whatever reasons (including sedentary lifestyle), lack of movement can cause cartilage damage.
The presenting symptoms of a person with any affected joint would be pain, discomfort and stiffness with movement. In addition to history and physical examination, MRI and arthroscopy can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
Start with a conservative approach and gradually switch to more advanced treatments. Conservative approach includes a combination of pain killers, steroid injections, and exercise (at a clinic or at home). If these do not work, the following surgical options are available:
Debridement: The affected cartilage is smoothened and the loose edges are removed to prevent rubbing and irritation. It is done using a shaver.
Marrow Stimulation: Using the marrow cells, more cartilage production is stimulated. Using tiny drills, holes are drilled to form a blood clot, which triggers formation of new cartilage.
Mosaicplasty: In areas of localized damage, healthy cartilage from an unaffected area is placed.
Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation: Cartilage that is grown in a lab for one to three months are placed into the knee or affected joint to allow for healthy tissue growth.
Circumcision means a surgical procedure for the removal of the foreskin (tissue that covers the head of the penis). The surgery should ideally be performed at a young age. If it is performed on an older child or on a man, chances of infection go up.
Sometimes circumcision becomes necessary for medicinal reasons like-
• Balanitis (foreskin swelling)
• Phimosis (inability to retract the foreskin)
• Paraphimosis (a person cannot return the retracted foreskin to its original place)
• Balanoposthitis ( swelling of the tip the penis)
• Lowering the risks of penis-related ailments
How is circumcision performed?
The surgery is performed under partial anaesthesia (administered through an injection or a cream that numbs the penis). There are three methods (Gomco clamp, Plactibell device and morgen clamp). Any of them may be followed to perform circumcision. Circulation is cut off to the foreskin so that it does not bleed during surgery. Then the surgeon snips off the foreskin using sanitized instruments. The surgery takes around 15-20 minutes.
The pain and swelling usually subside in 5 days.
Recovery after circumcision-
If you are an adult who has undergone a circumcision, your doctor will suggest medicines that will ease the discomfort and pain following. You can get back to work within a couple of days. Rigorous activities like jogging or weight lifting should be avoided. You should also refrain from sexual activities for at least six weeks after the surgery.
In the case of circumcision on children, your child may continue to be fussy and irritated for a few days post-surgery. Ensure that the diaper is loose enough to allow the penis to heal. However, if the pain does not subdue or if there is trouble urinating and there is blood in the urine, contact your doctor immediately.
Benefits of circumcision-
It is a widely prevalent myth that circumcision makes a man infertile. It has no effect at all on a man’s fertility. There are several advantages of circumcision but all of them take effect when the child reaches puberty. The medicinal benefits of circumcision are-
Circumcision is a safe and minor surgery that is performed mainly in adherence to religious diktats but also for health purposes.
Back pain is a very common and largely uncomfortable symptom of daily life. It affects a lot of people, and the cause can vary from neurological to orthopaedic. The related problems that back pain can cause include pain along your spine extending to your other muscles, impairment of movement, or difficulty carrying about daily tasks like walking or lifting objects.
• If you have pain that seems to travel outward from your back to your legs and maybe even your arms, you may have a slipped disc. This disease is not too infrequent, especially among older people. It is caused when a vertebra leaves its rightful anatomical place and settles somewhere else impairing normal bodily functions. Since this is a disorder of both the spine and the skeletal system, you can see either a spine specialist or an orthopaedic for a remedy.
• If you have a persistent pain in your buttocks or your legs that do not go away even after persistent effort, and if you get slight relief every time you lean your whole body forward, you may have spinal stenosis. It is the constricting of the spinal canal at the base, which causes severe pain and discomfort. This condition may be caused by either age or genetic factors and is an ailment of the spine. Therefore, you should visit a spine surgeon for a cure.
• If you have pain that originates in the buttocks but has spread to the whole leg in such proportions that normal walking and standing have become difficult, you may have sciatica. This is a nerve disorder wherein a herniated disc puts pressure on a nerve until there is persistent pain surrounding the nerve. This condition is a nerve problem, and hence visiting a neurologist will offer the perfect solution.
Leg pain has become an indispensable part of the daily millennial's life, thanks to sedentary lifestyles and poor ergonomics. If left untreated, it can give rise to such chronic pain that you may become permanently unable to stand up. Therefore, you need to visit a doctor as soon as symptoms show. Watch out for the symptoms above and visit a specialist accordingly.
When you are pregnant, it is quite difficult to control what you eat. It is because as an expecting woman, you get a lot of cravings and want to eat the weirdest thing sometimes. But to conceive a healthy baby, you must maintain a healthy diet. A healthy baby requires all the essential nutrients for its growth and development within the womb and the mother’s body supplies the food. Hence, it is vital for the mother to eat right.
During the first trimester, it is important to eat food substances that are rich sources of iron, vitamins and folic acid as these three nutrients are essential for the development of nervous system and help in getting relief from nausea. Those females who do not consume at least 600 mg of folic acid in a day, the chances for a baby of getting neural tube defects get increased. The fruits and vegetables that are rich sources of calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium are very important such as broccoli, spinach etc. Dairy products should be consumed such as milk, cheese, and yogurt. Protein is essential for bodybuilding and rich sources of protein such as chicken and eggs should be consumed. Fish can also be consumed however, not all fishes are advised during pregnancy, and it is better that you should check with your nutritionist for it. Carbohydrates are also required for energy metabolism and therefore, whole grain food substances should be consumed.
Further, there are foods that should not be consumed during pregnancy.
- Raw or undercook chicken or meat
- Fish like swordfish, shark, king mackerel & tilefish as they are high in mercury.
- Unpasteurized dairy products
- Raw or undone eggs
- Canned foods
- Herbal teas
- Licorice (mulethi)
Second trimester Diet -
Calcium and vitamin D is very important in this stage as baby needs strong bones and teeth. The brain development of the baby is required and hence woman should increase the intake of magnesium and omega-3 fatty acid. Again fruits (mangoes etc.) and vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cabbage etc.) that are rich in folic acid, vitamin D, magnesium and calcium should be consumed. Dairy products rich in calcium and magnesium such as pro-biotic yogurt, low-fat milk, low-fat cream cheese etc. should be included in the diet. Food rich in omega-3 like almonds, walnuts, seeds like flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds etc. and essential carbohydrate containing brown rice, fortified bread etc.
Third-trimester diet -
The third-trimester diet plan must include food items that are rich in carbohydrates and vitamin K such as leafy vegetables that helps in blood clotting. Vitamin K is very essential for the birth procedure and breastfeeding. Iron is required because it is responsible for preventing low birth rate and premature delivery. Food types such as protein-rich foods that contain iron and zinc, eggs, salmon and plenty of fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C and A should be included in the diet.
Hence, the following guidelines as per diet should be followed to avoid any complication during pregnancy and to have a healthy baby.
Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed.
Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed from a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body.
Pili Annulati is a hair disorder, in which the affected hair has a typical pattern of dark and light banding. People who have pili annulati might well go on to describe their hair as striped or as having silver kinds of beads. This particular condition mainly involves around 20 to 80% of the hair that are present on the scalp, though it can also involve hair present on the face and the whole body. Hair, which gets affected might be prone towards getting broken.
Pili Annulati can crop up during infancy or in childhood or it might also affect people in their later lives. This can be visible with naked eye, though it would be difficult to get noticed on all those people who have dark hair.
There are various kinds of symptoms, which tend to come across when they are faced with this condition. Some of them include:
- Different kinds of colored bands on each strand of hair
- Hair is brittle and so they tend to fall off
- The irregularity of hair could be noticed amongst the normal growth of hair
Causes of Pili Annulati-
- The exact behind the occurrence of Pili Annulati is not known. It usually gets through a gene that is autosomal dominant. Hair getting ringed, which happens during this condition, might well get caused as a result of deficiency in metabolic protein, which leads to the formation of cytoplasmic ribosomes with the hair cells in an abnormal manner, hence, resulting in the unusual formation of keratin which develops in the cortex of one’s hair.
- Most of the cases are thought to be caused due to a mutation in the cells of the hair follicle, which forms the keratin.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Pili Annulati-
Ayurveda looks to treat any problem by implementing natural means, through herbs, powders, pastes, which gets to the root of the problem and that’s where the healing takes place. As Ayurveda is involved in natural treatment methods, hence, people like to prefer undergoing the procedures for solving their health-related problems as there are no side-effects in them.
Some of the methods of Ayurvedic treatment include:
- Herbal hair care shampoos can come to great use and be very effective in treating this problem of ringed hair or Pili Annulati.
- Medicated shampoos can lead to re-growth of hair and hence prevent hair loss.
- Other than this, massaging the hair with olive oil can also be an ideal option for getting this condition healed
- People can also look to have a protein-rich diet, as lack of essential nutrients and protein can lead to this problem.
- So lentils, seeds, fruits, vegetables, meat can be included in one’s diet to heal this problem.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian field of medicine that has been in existence since time immemorial. Many people swear by its efficacy and it is also a proper field of study for people who want to practice this form of medicine as doctors. Ayurveda makes use of a variety of herbs and lifestyle changes including diet, rest and massages in order to create a healthier body. Ayurveda combines Yogic postures with these herbs to create various kinds of treatment for varied conditions.
Panchakarma therapy is one of the kinds of Ayurvedic treatments that can greatly benefit the human body in many ways. This is basically made up of five therapies, which aim at removing the toxins from the body of the patient. One must take a proper consultation with a doctor in order to practice this therapy. Read on to know more about this form of treatment and its various benefits.
Five therapies: As mentioned above, this therapy is made up of five therapies including Vamana, Raktamokshana, Nasya, Basti and Virechana. These therapies aim at freeing the body of the toxins that may accumulate and give rise to a variety of conditions and diseases in various organs of the body.
Oils and diet: This therapy is carried out with the help of various medicated oils that help in eliminating the different toxins in one's body. As per the tenets of Ayurveda, one also has to follow a specific diet and a systematic routine along with this therapy so that the Kapha toxins are removed from the body.
Ailments and conditions: There are many kinds of conditions and ailments that can be cured and managed with the help of this therapy. Asthma and cervical spondylitis are some of the conditions. Here, the painful symptoms and attacks can be kept at a minimum because these have to do with the Kapha dosha, which is effectively treated when the Kapha toxins are flushed out of the body following this therapy. This treatment helps in cleansing the body with the help of the various oils and the five therapies that are used here.
Aging process: The Panchakarma therapy helps in preventing the aging process and the signs of aging by replenishing the cells and the energy in the body. This helps in keeping the bones, skin and hair healthy as well since the patient goes through regular bouts of massage in order to get the treatment.
Stress: This treatment eliminates stress as it brings about a more calm state of mind. It does so by strengthening the body through the removal of immunity breaking toxins, which puts the hormones back in balance.
Benefits of Panchakarma Treatment:
- The results of Panchakarma are very powerful and effective. Some of the benefits include:
- The doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha, will return to their original places and function normally. Mind calms down, and intellect and concentration become sharp.
- It helps to attain a clear and glowing complexion.
- It helps to reverse the negative effects of daily living.
- It restores the natural state of health and wellness by bringing balance in the system and improving bodily function.
- A person undergoing Panchakarma attains longevity, intellect and freedom from diseases.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.