Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema Shreedhar
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Seema ShreedharYour feedback matters!
Antioxidants are substances that help the body protect itself from harmful molecules called free radicals. Free radicals are not necessarily formed by medicines. It needs change to free radicals produced by enzymatic and nonenzymatic reactions/by inflammation and external factors like smoking x-rays, chemicals, industrial pollutants, ozone and certain drugs.
Antioxidants include vitamins C and E, beta carotene and minerals such as flavonoids and selenium; both of which are found in plants. The best kind of antioxidants the human body receives is from fruits and veggies. While flavonoids are found in red wine, fruits and in different types of tea; pharmaceutical companies also sell dietary supplements rich in antioxidants.
Antioxidants and their role in the human body:
Antioxidants play a great role in management, prevention and in the subsequent elimination of diseases such as various types of Cancers, Alzheimer’s and a few arthritis related conditions.
How safe are antioxidants for your body?
Medical practitioners are of the opinion that the best source of antioxidants is your natural sources rather than dietary supplements. Over abuse of antioxidants can be lethal for your body. It is always advised to have plenty of fruits and vegetables each day.
Not only does diet contribute to antioxidants, the body too employs certain mechanisms to protect itself from damage. Antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione peroxidase and superoxide dismutase are few such enzymes. Micronutrients such as iron, copper, selenium, zinc and manganese are required to help facilitate these mechanisms. Inadequate intake of these minerals in your diet might reduce the activities performed by antioxidants; these claims have been backed by scientific studies.
I am 24 and got married on Feb month. We are planning for baby and consulted doctor last month she asked me to take come 100 mg from 3rd to 7th day and duphaston from 16th day but unfortunately we failed last cycle. This is the second month I'm taking come 100 mg 1) can you please provide me some tips to increase the chance of getting pregnant. 2) I am a working IT professional ,will tat affect the chance of getting pregnant.
My wife is conceived. She is on her 50th day. The problem is she is often getting vomiting. Am really scared. Please help me what should we do to avoid it.
I am 17 year, I had foreplay with my partner on second day of my period end day, he ejaculated his sperm on my vagina by mistake I have doubt about this, cause my period is 10 days late, it had to be on 10 march but till now 19 march no menses please help me out.
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.
Hi, My right Fallopian tube has been removed. Yet i can not get pregnant. How it is possible to get pregnant again?
We are newly married couple, after having sex for long time, whole body will start to pain so how to come out of this.
According to physiologists, human bodies are of three types: endomorph, mesomorph and ectomorph. Endomorphs are round and fat; they find it difficult to lose weight. Mesomorphs are neither too fat nor too thin; they can lose the weight they gain very easily. Ectomorphs are usually thin and tall; they can eat whatever they want without gaining much weight.
If you are an ectomorph and you wish to gain weight, the bad news is that it will be difficult for you. Your metabolic rate is too high and your muscle growth is comparatively lower. If you want to gain muscles, you need a comprehensive workout routine and the right diet. Along with the right training, you need to remember to eat from the three major food groups: carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
I. Carbohydrates: Carbohydrate is the main energy source for your body and you need 50-60 per cent of it in your daily intake. The foods you can include in your diet are as follows:
- Whole grain cereal
II. Proteins: Protein is the most important macronutrient (food you need in huge amounts in your diet). Protein plays an important part in repairing your body and building muscles. You need 1.5 grams of protein intake as per your bodyweight. Proteins you can eat include:
- Lean meat (Such as turkey or chicken)
- Fish (Such as halibut, tilapia, cod, etc.)
- Seafood (Such as crabs, prawns or lobsters)
- Skim milk
- Whey protein
- Cottage cheese
III. Fats: The correct fat intake will raise your testosterone levels (this hormone is responsible for muscle growth), protect the joints in your body, provide extra energy and improve your mood. You can add fat to your diet by consuming the following foods:
- Organic nut butter (Such as peanut butter or almond butter)
- Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines, trout, tuna, mackerel and herring
- Healthy oils (Such as olive oil, fish oil or flaxseed oil)