Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that is characterized by increased difficulties in forming relationships and in communicating with others. Even though this disorder is genetically inherited, it is accompanied by certain environmental factors. An autistic person shows restricted respective behaviors, activities and interests. This condition can be diagnosed by keeping the patient under observation, although It cannot be treated permanently.
HOW IS AUTISM DIAGNOSED?
Between 48-56% of the autistic people do not have a learning disability.
Autism is a serious brain disorder that makes it very difficult to communicate and socialize with other people. Autism is a lifelong disability and is a serious medial condition which would require you to visit a healthcare provider. The different areas of your brain cannot function and work together. Autism mainly affects during childhood or since birth and can cause serious damage to your child’s career pattern. Autism causes social problems and your child may not be able to respond properly to what other say. Autism may cause problems initially to relate to other surrounding but autism can be diagnosed and treated early which will make the various parts of the brain to work together to full potential.
Asperger’s syndrome is now technically considered a diagnosis of its own and is considered a part of the broader category of health illness called the autism spectrum syndrome. The asperger’s syndrome in your child may include the following:
1. Missing social expressions and lack of body language.
2. Your child may show robotic expressions and speak in a flat tone.
3. Your child may show few emotional traits and may not laugh or show signs of happiness on a joke.
4. Shows proper interest and huge intensity on single particular topics and continue repetitions to speak on a particular subject like sports which other people may not show any interest.
5. If your child eats the same type of food and likes to stay in the same surroundings everyday without the need or desire to change.
If your child shows the above symptoms then it is advised to get a proper health check up with your nearby medical provider or pediatrician. Diagnosis of asperger’s syndrome is done by experts who specializes in the following and may include the following:
1. Pediatric neurologist who treats the various abnormal conditions of brain and can perform autistic test.
2. Psychiatrist- A doctor who has expertise in various mental health conditions and can prescribe medicines and perform behavioral tests.
3. Psychologist- Doctor who uses emotions and behavior for diagnosis and treatment. Your child can get effective treatment and gain quick recovery from asperger’s syndrome.
4. Developmental pediatrician- Speech and other problems to language issues in your child can be diagnosed and treated by this type of medicine specialization.
Applied behavioral therapy:
This type of behavior based therapy focuses to bring positive changes in the attitude and also help to inflict meaningful change in the social world of your child. ABA therapy is regarded as the best treatment for autism and it involves one on one interaction between the behavior analyst and your child. ABA therapy can improve your child’s communication and social relationships along with considerable improvement in play and work status.
Lybrate gives you the ultimate chance to contact the best pediatrician who will give you the best consultation in the industry. Lybrate offers you the best medical practitioners related to the autism in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Panaji. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about applied behavioral therapy.