Hormones are the body's chemical messengers. They travel in the bloodstream to tissues and organs. Hormones are produced in a complex process and depend on beneficial nutrients.iImbalanced hormones can destroy health even if everything else is optimized.
Hormonal balance is vital to a healthy mind and body. For glowing skin, balanced mind and constant energy hormones need to be in place. Hormones don't go out of balance for no reason. Some of the common reasons can be:
1. Stress - Stress can cause many health problems & hormone problems are no different . Stress is causing too much cortisol production which leads to anxiety and imbalance hormones ,
3. Excess Weight - Excess weight leads to excess estrogen, many men with excess abdominal weight will be high in estrogen.
4. Alcohol - Excess alcohol will lead to lower testosterone. Moreover consumption of alcohol impair our ability to lose weight .
5. Lack of Sleep - If there is lack of sleep or there is too many late night parties can bring negative impact on hormones. In Fact studies have shown that people who slept less than five to six hours per night were twice as likely to develop diabetes .
6. Plastic Containers - Plastic and plastic container contains compound called BPA which disturb the hormonal balance. If you microwave food or store food in plastic container it will leach chemicals right into your food .
7. Xenoestrogens - These are man-made toxins. The xenoestrogens wreak havoc on internal balancing mechanism of the body. These are found in household cleanser, cosmetics, personal care products, nail polish n nail polish remover, plastic, Tupperware and so on.
8. Birth Control Pills - This Pill is hormonal therapy that raises estrogen and cause imbalance . Moreover it increases the risk of breast cancer and become more dangerous if these pills taken by teenagers .
NATURALLY- Hormonal fluctuation occur naturally at the time of puberty, pregnancy, menopause and with ageing!
So following are some natural ways to balance your hormones.
1. Get More Sleep - While you are sleeping body is extremely active removing toxins, recharging the mind and creating hormones.So adequate sleep is crucial for balancing the hormones.
2. Walk In Nature - Walking in nature has been shown to reduce cortisol level( a stress hormone) and boost the immune system . Chronic cardio like jogging , running , spinning ,aerobic classes places undue stress on the body and spike stress hormones.
3. Limit Refined Oils - Refined oils or man-made fats found in vegetable oils as they can create imbalance in the ratio of omega-3 and omega 6 which should be 1:1.
4. Limit Soy And Soy Products - Soy is the most controversial food in the world. Nothing is proved as yet but they may disturb the hormones so limit its intake and cook it don't use them raw.
5. Eliminate Toxic Kitchen - Limit or boycott plastic and try to use stainless steel and iron vessels to cook.
6. Improve Gut Health - A research shows that gut health plays a significant role in hormone regulations.so increase the probiotic in your diet.
7. Incorporate Herbs - Ayurveda prescribes the use of herbal formulation to combat the ill effects of hormone imbalance effect of hormone imbalance Herbs such as Shatavari, Ashwagandha, Neem, etc. known to have hormone balancing properties.
8. Stop Birth Control Pills - Don't take them as they can play a significant role in disturbing hormones and can one of the main reason for breast cancer.
9. Practice Yoga Postures - Yoga can help to nourish and rebuild these hormonal imbalances. Plenty of postures are helpful but Rabbit posture and forward seated posture are really helpful.
10. Meditation And Pranayama - Yoga breathing exercises and meditation can be a big help when talk about balancing hormones. The meditation is said to strengthen the endocrine system and the nervous system.