What is the remedy about?
Piles is a condition that causes swelling of the blood vessels of the anal canal. These swellings occur when you apply extra pressure while passing stools. The condition of piles results from constipation, consuming inadequate amounts of fiber, sitting for prolonged periods, not drinking enough water and irregular bowel movements.
There are many remedies for treating piles. The efficient home remedies for treating piles are:
- Lemon juice is a great natural, effective home remedy for piles. This remedy helps to strengthen the walls of the blood vessels and thus, prevents piles. Soak a few cotton balls in fresh lemon juice and gently dab over the affected area. This will help soothe the pain from hemorrhoids. You can also prepare a combination of hot water, lime and honey. Drink this concoction once a day for two weeks, until the hemorrhoids heal.Drinking warm lemon juice regularly facilitates bowel movements and can prevent the condition of piles.
- Radish heals anal fissures and eases bowel movement. In order to alleviate the pain, make a paste of radish juice and honey. Apply this paste to the anus and the area surrounding it. Drinking half a glass of radish juice daily is one of the best home remedies for treating and preventing piles.
- Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it an efficient remedy for piles. You can use it to treat hemorrhoids that are both, external as well as internal. Take some aloe vera leaves and cut them into strips. Make sure you remove all the thorns from the skin and then put these strips into the freezer. After they are frozen, apply these cool peels of aloe vera to the hemorrhoids. It will provide a cooling sensation and relief from the pain. Drinking two spoons of aloe vera juice daily also help to prevent a recurrence of piles.
Are there any side effects?
There are usually, not many side effects of home remedies for piles since they all contain natural ingredients. However, it is important to note, that using any of these remedies in excess, can lead to some side effects. An excessive consumption of lemon juice can lead to acid reflux or corrosion of the enamel of your teeth. It is advisable for those who suffer from diabetes to consume honey, only in moderation.
What are the post-remedy guidelines?
The post remedy guidelines for those suffering from piles are as follows:
- Do not sit for prolonged periods, it is important to stay active. Start exercising regularly, this will help to improve bowel movements and will decrease the amount of pressure you apply while trying to pass stools.
- Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. It is advisable to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. This will help ease bowel movements and even softens the stools, which decreases the need to add extra pressure. Drinking water helps to treat as well as prevents piles from recurring.
- Along with the home remedy treatment, you need a diet rich in fiber content as well as alteration of unhealthy lifestyle practices. Your diet should include plenty of green vegetables, fluids, grains, lentils, oatmeal, fruits and other natural laxatives.
- The best remedy for piles, is to have regular bowel movements. Chronic constipation causes piles. Constipation occurs when bowel movements are less frequent than thrice a week. So, to counter piles, regularize bowel movements by eating healthy, drinking water and staying active.
How long does it take to recover?
The recovery for piles depends on the degree of your condition. A mild case can be resolved with only home remedies within two weeks. However, a severe condition of piles can continue to affect the patient and might recur often. Along with these home remedies, the patient must consult an expert medical practitioner. It can take around three to four weeks to recover from a severe case of piles.
Are the results of the remedy permanent?
The result of using these home remedies along with dietary and lifestyle changes is very effective. It can treat the existing hemorrhoids and even prevent the recurrence of piles. However, since piles can recur, the treatment might not be permanent.
Is there any training or experts required?
The home remedy treatment for piles is relatively simple and uses natural ingredients. Therefore, anyone can avail of these remedies, since they are easily available in stores. You do not need any expertise or special training to use these home remedies. However, is advisable to take caution and use them only in moderation. If the condition worsens, seek medical help immediately.