Stretch marks affect men and women equally and are quite normal. Stretch marks occur due to sudden gain or loss in weight, rapid growth, heredity factors, stress and changes in physical conditions in both men and women. Athletes or body builders doing heavy exercises are more likely to get stretch marks due to rapid changes in their body.
Stretch marks are visible stripes or lines that appears in various parts of the body; depending on where the skin tears. The commonly affected body parts are lower abdomen and thighs; however, they can also be seen on arms, buttocks, etc. Pregnancy is one main reason in women for these visible lines on their lower abdomen.
But do not worry! you can get rid of them very easily if you follow these simple yet effective home remedies regularly:
1. Massage with olive oil: olive oil is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients. Regularly massaging your body with warm olive oil will help in improving the blood circulation and reducing those visible stretch marks.
2. Apply egg whites: eggs are a rich source of protein. Whip the whites of two eggs and apply a thick layer of the egg whites over the affected areas. Allow it to dry and then rinse the area with cold water. Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
3. Scrub with coffee powder: gentle scrubbing with coffee helps in lightening stretch marks gradually as it has anti-oxidant properties.
4. Apply a mixture of lemon juice, sugar and glycerine: lemon contains a good amount of citric acid nd sugar is an excellent exfoliating agent. Scrubbing your skin with a coarse mix of lemon juice and sugar can help in removing dead skin and reducing the unsightly appearance of stretch marks on the arms, thighs, etc. You can add a few drops of glycerine to the mixture to keep your skin moisturized.
5. Massage with almond and coconut oil: mix almond and coconut oil and apply this mixture to the affected area regularly. This will significantly help in getting rid of stretch marks.
6. Apply aloe vera gel regularly: regular application of aloe vera gel helps in stimulating cell growth that helps in the reduction of stretch marks. Additionally, its healing and soothing properties keep the skin hydrated, rejuvenated, and glowing.
Ways to prevent and get rid of stretch marks:
2. Keep your body hydrated by increasing fluid intake.
3. Avoid rapid increase or decrease in weight.
4. Plan slow weight gain during pregnancy.
5. Avoid prolong exposure to sun.
But, if stretch marks are severe or interfering with your self-confidence, treatment options are available. You can consult a doctor who specializes in treating them to learn about possible solutions and ways to reduce their appearance.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Oily skin can be a pain to deal. The accumulation of excess oil on the outer skin layer often leads to whiteheads, blackheads, blind pimples and other skin irritations. But there is one big advantage. Oily skin tends to age better and develop fewer wrinkles than dry or normal skin. So, it's not all bad.
The excess oil results from the sebaceous glands in the skin producing excess sebum. Those who have this condition usually have shiny skin and large pores.
Oily skin can be caused by genetics, dietary choices, too much stress or hormone changes in the body due to puberty. Women also are more prone to oily skin during menstrual cycles, pregnancy, or menopause and while taking birth control pills.
Oily skin can be difficult to manage, but there are many things you can do to solve this common problem. There is no need to use expensive, chemical-based skin care products. Many people have found simple home remedies to be equally effective.
Home remedies for oily skin.
1. Egg Whites
High in vitamin A, egg whites can effectively dry out skin blemishes as well as tone and tighten up oily skin.
Whip one egg white until stiff and spread it on your skin. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with warm water. Do this twice a week.
Whip one egg white, add the juice from half a lemon and mix it well. Apply the mixture on your face, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. This will tighten the skin and soak up excess OIL.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a good source of citric acid that works like an astringent. It also has antiseptic properties that can lighten skin discolorations and restore the skin's pH balance.
Mix one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice with one-half teaspoon of distilled water. Apply it on your skin using a cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water. Lemon juice can dry out your skin, so apply some oil-free moisturizer afterward. Do this once daily.
Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice, one-half tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of milk. Apply this paste on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off with cold water. If done once daily, this remedy will give you positive results within a wee Juice
Yogurt contains lactic acid that helps gently exfoliate the skin and absorbs excess oil from the face.
Apply one tablespoon of plain yogurt thoroughly over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with cool water. Do this once daily.
Alternatively, mix one tablespoon each of organic yogurt and finely ground oatmeal. Then stir in one teaspoon of warm honey. Apply the mixture on your face. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
Tomatoes are great for oily skin due to their cooling, clarifying and astringent properties. The high vitamin C content in tomatoes is very helpful for acne-prone skin. Plus, the natural oil-absorbing acids in tomatoes help get rid of excess oil.
Cut a tomato in half and rub it on your skin.
Allow the juice to soak into your skin for at least 15 minutes.
Rinse your skin with cold water, pat it dry and apply a light oil-free moisturizer.
Note: You can also make a face mask by combining three tablespoons of tomato juice with one tablespoon of honey.
Apple's work as a great exfoliating agent and they have mild antiseptic, astringent, and soothing properties that make them a great home remedy for oily skin. The malic acid in apples helps exfoliate dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil from the skin's surface.
Grate half an apple and place the shreds on your skin. Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes and then wash it off with tepid water.
Mix one teaspoon each of grated apple, yogurt and lemon juice to form a smooth paste. Apply it all over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse your face with cool water.
Cucumbers are also very beneficial for oily skin due to their cooling, astringent, and soothing properties. Also, the high vitamin and mineral content, including vitamins A and E, magnesium, and potassium, are good for oily skin.
Cut a fresh organic cucumber into thick slices, and rub them thoroughly on your face. Leave it on overnight and rinse with warm water in the morning. Do this daily before going to bed.