If you are suffering from gastritis, it is important for you to know about the most ideal tips and treatment methods related to the condition. Gastritis is an inflammation, irritation, or erosion of the stomach lining called gastric mucosa. The most common symptoms of the condition include nausea, vomiting and illness in the upper abdomen, right after having a meal. Heartburn, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, indigestion and bloating are other symptoms of gastritis.
Here are 10 tips for treating gastritis using simple home remedies:
- Carom seeds: Carom seeds are natural antacids and are effective for curing gastritis. They give relief to the mucous membrane of the stomach from acidity and hyper acidity. Nausea, indigestion and bloating are also treated.
- Ginger: Ginger treats gastritis effectively because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces inflammation, treats infections and eases gas, stomach pain and nausea.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is essential when you are suffering from gastritis. Yogurt containing active live culture is more beneficial in the case of this disease. It contains probiotics, which protect the stomach lining from the bacteria that causes gastritis. Your immune system also gets a boost.
- Chamomile: Chamomile tea works wonders in treating gastritis. It contains several essential oils, which are helpful for your digestive system. It also soothes the intestinal walls, giving relief from pain. Stomach inflammation also goes down.
- Peppermint: This herb is also efficient for gastritis treatment because of its anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and antibacterial properties. Its soothing properties reduce inflammation and also help with heartburn, indigestion and nausea.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are also beneficial in healing gastritis because of their antioxidant properties and phenolic compounds. They help in preventing the start of stomach lining inflammation.
- Holy basil: Holy basil helps in healing acute gastritis because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. These help in reducing inflammation and infection. Stomach pain, vomiting, and nausea are also reduced.
- Fennel seeds: Fennel seeds help in soothing your digestive system and relaxing your gastrointestinal tract muscles. This is an important part of gastritis treatment. These seeds contain antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, and stomachic properties and are beneficial in relieving symptoms such as indigestion, intestinal gas, heartburn, and vomiting.
- Licorice: This Ayurvedic remedy for gastritis contains anti-inflammatory and soothing properties which help in reducing inflammation. Symptoms such as heartburn and indigestion are also treated. The stomach’s inner lining is protected from infection, thereby reducing the risk of ulcers.
- Raw potato juice: Raw potato juice is considered to be an important remedy for gastritis because of its antacid and healing properties. The alkaline properties of potato help in reducing cramps, bloating, and other common symptoms of the condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!