Nutritious Diet To Ensure Healthy Living!
MSc - Food and Applied Nutrition, Post Graduate in Diabetes Education
9 years experience
There are certain food items that you should be eating on a regular basis to improve your overall health. These food items contain the necessary micro and macro nutrients to nourish your body and allow it to function optimally.
The 7 food items that you should include in your diet are:
- Brown rice - Opt for the whole grain variety instead of white rice, as brown rice contain complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbohydrates. Brown rice provides energy to the body without spiking the blood sugar level. It is also a good source of trace minerals like manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
- Eggs - A boiled egg is, undoubtedly, one of the best superfoods that you can come across. An egg has a powerful nutritious punch that contains protein, vitamin D, selenium, zinc and copper. Apart from being nutritious, it is an inexpensive source of protein.
- Apples - You must have heard the age-old proverb that 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away' and it stands good even today with good reason. Apples are good sources of antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber that help in reducing the risk of blood pressure problems and diabetes. Apples are also known to reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Spinach - Spinach is a superfood that contains good amounts of vitamin C, and various antioxidants that help in maintaining optimal functioning of the body. It is also known for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yoghurt - Yoghurt is a good source of protein and calcium that you may require as a part of the fat loss diet. Yoghurt also contains healthy probiotic bacteria that promote healthy digestion.
- Fish - Fish contains protein in good amounts, the variety of amino acids content in fish helps in improving metabolism in the body. It also helps in building muscle and losing fat. Fish contains Omega-3 acids which help to promote a healthy nervous system.
- Garlic - Consumption of garlic on a regular basis is known to keep the body free from toxins due to its antibiotic properties. The high sulfur content of garlic boosts immunity levels in the body and protects it from common cold and cough.
These food items provide all the essential nutrients that are required by our body to function properly. Therefore, this diet will keep you hale and hearty.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful