With growing digitalisation, the types of weight management consultations, which are offered online are also increasing at a rapid rate. These consultations range from being generic and applicable to all too specialised ones designed to suit your body type and lifestyle only.
There are a lot of diets that are popular with people for a variety of reasons. Some of them are easy to sustain, some of them have instant effects and some of them have long-term effects. There are a few diets that combine all of these traits, and the GM diet happens to be one of them. The GM diet first appeared on the Internet about four years ago and has had a loyal group of followers since.
Let's see what the GM diet is all about.
What is the GM Diet?
The GM Diet is a seven-day diet plan which was supposed to have been created by General Motors for their employees. It was rumoured that they paid a hefty sum to a research lab to come up with the ultimate diet plan. But General Motors soon released a statement where they denied any involvement with the diet plan. But the name stayed on and the diet was soon circulated via emails and forums all over the Web and more people tried it out with different results.
Let's see what the diet looks like.
This diet is supposed to make you lose anywhere from one to five kilograms on the eighth day. The diet also plays a detox role by cleaning your body of its impurities. No alcohol is supposed to be consumed during the week. You are allowed to have tea and coffee, but you must avoid adding milk and sugar as this adds unnecessary calories. Also, ensure that you consume adequate water during the diet. Try and avoid working out while you are on this diet as it is possible you may experience fatigue.
Is the GM Diet Effective?
Different people have had different experiences with the GM diet. While most people rave about the diet, some feel it is not effective in the long run. The GM diet helps you in losing between one to five kilograms by day eight. The diet is also important for detoxifying and cleaning your body of impurities and toxins. The GM diet has proven to be effective for quick weight loss.
Vacations are a brilliant escape from our hectic schedule when we can enjoy our time with our close ones. But vacations also call for one thing and that is fitness. Yes, without the right fitness and physical stature, you will not be able to enjoy your vacation and fall ill.
When we are in the 'vacation mood', it is very often seen that people follow a dietary routine that is absolutely not what they follow at home. Due to the different food and schedule, the diet tends to change. So, here are some healthy eating options that you will be of great help when on vacations.
1. Plan a diet - We know it is difficult to follow a particular diet plan when you are on a vacation. But that is what causes health problems later on. Plan a diet of at least the timings of the meal you have and include some common items which you also eat at home into these meals. Getting a common item to eat helps a lot and does not cause a complete imbalance to the diet.
2. Pack healthy food - When you are on a vacation you would not want to face a stomach upset, right? So, it is important that you pack healthy foods like fresh fruits, dry nuts, ready-made energy bars, etc. These are really good for your body and also keep the proper balance in the minerals inside your system.
3. Think and indulge - Since you are on a vacation, you will get the opportunity to grab a bite of various food items which you would avoid if you were at home. So, always think twice before indulging into different food items that may not be a very healthy choice to make. However, a bite once a while will not do you any harm!
4. Always rely on water - Water is your best friend when you are travelling for a vacation. A sip of water constantly will keep your body hydrated and allow it to function properly. Make sure you have purified water from a safe tank or filter. You can also mix some energy powder into it to ensure that energy salts remain in your body. Many people also eat fruits along with water for energy and filling appetite.
5. Choose vegetarian food - You can always enjoy a nice plate of your favourite meat cooked for you but you must keep in mind that meat is particularly heavy on the stomach.
So, you will need to follow a proper diet plan to compensate the heavy meal you took and that seems to be a bit difficult on a vacation, isn't it? Therefore, try to eat vegetables and veg items on the menu as much as you can because they are light and fresh as well. So, here are the different kinds of healthy eating options that you can choose to follow when you are on a vacation.
Diabetes is one of the worst diseases which has gripped majority of people today, thanks to our erratic work schedule followed by a lack of exercise and sleep, aggravated by the overindulgence in junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes by following some simple dietary tips.
The fact is dieting doesn’t mean starving; you can have tasty nutritious food which is mentally and physically rejuvenating.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check-
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan-
First and foremost, take small, manageable steps. Choose two or three things you want to work on. Once you feel you have mastered those you can move on to two or three more steps towards a healthier diet.
AWFUL MISTAKES MOSTLY EVERY DIETER DOES-
1. Low Fat Diet - Fats are not to be feared, rather your body needs dietary fats and cholesterol to produce all vital hormones.
2. Only Fruit Joice For B/F - Most fruit juices raises blood sugar , so your body produces more insulin consequently you'll get hungry and overeat later.
4. Increase Gymming Or Workout - If you don't workout definitely you will gain fat and lose muscle tissue every year. But workout for several hours or join too many fitness classes will not give you the desired result so workout little less as more can increase free radicals and these free radicals can destroy your body's essential nutrients and tissues .
5. Don't Blame Your Age - You are fat because you eat more or you sleep less or you don't move at all otherwise a research shows that men and women in their 90's were also able to lose weight and gain muscle .
6. Take Dinner Too Early - Most people when on diet eat dinner too early which is wrong because by the time you sleep you get hungry again which can interfere with your sleep .
A study shows that most of the people consider workout as a license to binge and eat more when they workout!
Conclusion - Diet plans are great when it comes to losing weight, but only when it is done right. So, it is important to consult a dietician before starting a diet plan.
The Indian population practices Hinduism, a religion that promotes a vegetarian or lacto-vegetarian diet.
The traditional Indian diet emphasizes a high intake of plant foods like vegetables, lentils and fruits, as well as a low consumption of meat.
However, obesity is a rising issue in the Indian population. With the growing availability of processed foods, India has seen a surge in obesity and obesity-related chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes.
Obesity is the most prevalent form of malnutrition across the globe.
Obesity has a far-ranging negative effect on health. The health effects associated with obesity include, but are not limited to, the following:
So to prevent these negative effects one should maintain ideal body weight. But the question comes is which diet is best for weight loss?
Now if we talk about best diet, all types of cuisine are best in themselves but the only thing which is not right is over-consumption of certain foods which are processed i.e.fried, salted, sugary.
So to prevent obesity or a good weight loss diet includes the following features:
10 Recommended Indian Diet for Weight Loss Tips-
1. Don’t skip meals.
2. Eat more frequently
3. Have home-made foods
4. Increase the stock of healthy foods
5. Add all the food groups into your diet plan
6. Choose smaller plates and bowls
7. Don’t go to parties with an empty stomach
8. Limit the usage of sugar and salt
9. Eat more fruits & vegetables
10. Avoid zero carbs /restricted diet plans.
Opting for healthier choices of food can make your lunch the most important and beneficial meal of the day during the ever present rush of work. Here are a few lunch dishes which will not only keep you energized and filled but also at the same time helps you lose weight.
Read on to find out more about them:
1. Egg Sandwich
Eggs are a very healthy and nutritious choice for any meal. Egg sandwiches are compact as it provides carbohydrates from the bread, protein from eggs and vitamins and other essential nutrients from the vegetables and Greek yogurt which is used as a base. Opt for brown bread and your egg sandwich ends up being a healthy delightful dish you can happily gorge on.
2. Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas) and Chapatti
Chickpeas are very nutritious and they are also high in protein. Use them in a curry with vegetables like tomatoes, onions and such. Some Chapatti along with this curry makes a healthy balanced meal.
3. Chicken Stew
4. Stir Fry
A stir fry of carrots, beans, cabbage, peas and sesame seeds will do wonders for your health. Add a dash of lemon to make it tangy and tasty. This stir fry is very nutritious as it has an assortment of vegetables which provide you vitamins, minerals, amino acids and protein as well.
5. Berries and Oatmeal
Berries and oatmeal are helpful in loosing weight. When you mix berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and other variety of berries you boost the fiber content of your oats dish, which in turn helps you loose weight. Further, adding berries to oatmeal is a great way to enhance the flavour of your meal. Adding berries will keep you energized, filled and not add to your waistline. Apart from berries, you can also add foods, such as Almonds, Walnuts, Chia seeds, Kiwi & Pomegranate to your oatmeal lunch dish as they also help in reducing weight.
6. Egg and Rice Salad
Made from just brown rice, a hard-boiled egg, green beans and some walnuts, this dish is a compact meal which gives you fiber, protein and omega-3 fats which in turn keeps you full and also helps you to reduce your waistline as it has low calorific content.
An eating disorder, mostly appears when your food habits reach levels of extremity.
Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia are two main and the most common eating disorders found in men and women. One is the lower extreme while the other is the higher extreme in terms of food intake.
People who are affected with anorexia think of themselves to be very overweight in spite of actually being very slim and thin. Anorexia inflicted people consume less than a thousand calories per day. They exercise rigorously and try to find more ways to lose weight. They vomit a lot due to the insufficient diet and suffer more.
The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment, and regulated weight gain program. An anorexia patient should seek treatment as early as possible. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
- Psychological Treatment
Various psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages. They are- Cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be given.
- Weight gain program
This measure will guide an anorexic patient to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully, traits are recognized and a likewise diet pattern is given.
Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimia patient is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinking about losing weight.
Maybe you do not like the idea of binge eating and fear getting obese, but once affected by bulimia a patient cannot follow this and binge eats. Later, they adapt extreme measures for losing weight.
Psychotherapy, or talk therapy includes examining your bulimia and related issues with an expert. It is proven that these sorts of psychotherapies restrict the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy.
Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is a recommended and effective medicine.
- Proper diet plan
For bulimia affected patients, having a proper balanced diet is very essential. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for you. Undertaking a weight loss program is also recommended.
Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia should be avoided, and you should know the best ways to deal with them.
Take small and frequent meals as per dietician suggestion, on appropriate timings of the day, to get effective results.