5 Things You Can Do To Protect Yourself From Peptic Ulcer!
Peptic ulcers are wounds that develop in the stomach lining, less esophagus or small intestine. They are usually due to inflammation caused by bacterial H. pylori, in addition to corrosions from stomach acids. An ulcer is generally rooted in the stomach or inner layer of the small intestine. A stomach ulcer is the most visible sign of peptic an ulcer disease.
People with an ulcer may have a really hard time dealing with it. It is an open wound on the outer or internal surface of the body, which causes excessive pain. It is due to a breakdown in the mucous membrane or skin which fails to recover.
Causes of peptic ulcer:
Several reasons can cause stomach, esophagus, and small intestine to break. Contains:
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), a type of bacteria that can cause stomach infections and swelling
- Continuous use of Aspirin (Bayer), Ibuprofen (Advil), and other anti-inflammatory drugs (the risks linked with this behavior among women and people over 60 years of age)
- Alcohol drinking
- radiation therapy
- stomach cancer
Symptoms of peptic ulcer:
The most common symptom of peptic ulcer is burning abdominal pain, which spread from navel to chest, which can range from light to severe. In few circumstances, the pain can get you up at night. Small peptic ulcers cannot develop any symptoms in initial stages.
- A burning, grinding pain in the upper middle part of the stomach and is comforted just by eating or taking antacids.
- Change in taste
- Bloody or dark stool
- Ambiguous weight loss
- Pain in chest
Below are the ways to you from Peptic ulcers?
Stomach ulcer pain is not a joke: it can leave you weak. Fortunately, following these steps are ways to reduce your risk of getting ulcer.
- Avoid some foods such as spicy, lemon, fatty, etc., because they can be burdens your stomach. Specifically, if you have seen that particular types of food disturb your stomach, keep away from it.
- Improve the quality of your life by including exercise, stress-free activities, yoga etc. in your daily routine.
- The heavy consumption of alcohol can cause ulcers. They have been contributing to the development of ulcers, so it is good to reduce the consumption of alcohol.
- Taking no steroid anti-inflammatory medicines can reduce the risk of disturbing your stomach lining and thus avoiding the growth of ulcers.
- Management of anxiety level avoids the expansion of ulcers. Do yoga and other comforting arts that help prevent the ulcer.
Some lifestyle choices and habits can reduce your risk of developing the peptic ulcer. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!