Doctors in Thane Health Care Hospital
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Knee Care Procedures
Submit a review for Thane Health Care HospitalYour feedback matters!
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use painkillers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain-inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.
It's about four month which we migrated to other country and I have lost about 6 pounds weight. I don't know what's the exact reason. Would you please advise me.
Hlo doctor, I am 18 years old. I have got dark circles and deep sunken eyes. I have a chubby face. And with deep sunken eyes. It seems like a dull and like a patients face. Due to my face fat my cheeks seems like coming outwards and my eyes are going inwards. I do not have any kind of stress or worries. I sleep at 9 pm daily and wake up at 5 pm early morning. I take 7-8 hrs of sleep daily. I take a healthy diet. Please help me.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterised by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. A cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration are also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma.
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
These are basic guidelines to help you. Contact your doctor for further management.
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
So, here's all you need to know about laser hair removal:
* Precision: The laser beam that is set on to the skin gets absorbed by the pigment present in the hair follicles. Each pulse of this laser will take a nano second to treat many follicles at one time. The areas like the upper lip and the bikini line can be treated in a matter of minutes.
* Duration: Most people going through this treatment will require at least five to seven sessions so as to attain permanent hair loss.
* Preparation: The procedure does not merely consist of a process that zaps the unwanted hair. Considerable preparation has to go into it, especially since it a long-term treatment method. Avoid waxing or electrolysis at least six weeks before the treatment as this may make the skin tender. Also, since the laser beams affect the hair roots that it can catch, it is best to have them grown out so that the procedure is more effective. Also, you will need to limit your time in the sun before going in for the procedure.
* Trimming: Before the procedure actually starts, the hair will require trimming. A few millimeters will be removed, just above the surface of the skin.
* Adjustments: Once the trimming is done, the laser equipment will be trained on your skin for a process of adjustment which will involve studying and adjusting as per the color, thickness and the site of hair removal. Also, the adjustment will be done in terms of the skin color.
* Protection: Before the laser pulses are administered, the expert will need to wear eye protection and cover the site of hair removal with a cooling gel that will protect the skin. Also, a test pulse will be administered on to a small patch first, in order to see if there is any reaction or inflammation.
* Aftermath: After the procedure, the application of anti-inflammatory creams and lotions will take place, following which the next session will be scheduled. Usually, the next session will be three to four weeks later.
You must make sure that you going to a well-known clinic where the laser hair removal process is conducted by an expert.
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from skin.
1. Use warm water to clean your skin
Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil on the face more effectively than cold water.
2. Face masks
You may use face masks such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
3. Limit scrubbing
You should restrict exfoliating your face 2-3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
4. Use a toner
You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size which thus decreases oil production.
Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
6. Stay hydrated
Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
7. Use medicated pads
To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil which shall help in freshening up your face.
8. Choose makeup wisely
It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.
Hi, I am suffering from dark circles I have checked my hemoglobin level and that is 14 and there is no heredity in my family and I used to sleep at 11 pm and wake up at 7.30 and I have lots of water and fruits in my diet stii I am suffering used almond oil for 3 month but no result.
Hi, I went a doctor before two months ago with HR CT and he said take tb treatment but I have confusion. After that I have a muscle pain in my left leg upper limb and the orthopaedic Dr. said you have spine TB. but in sputum I have negative results can I take tb treatment or not .now I am unable to walk what should I do now?
The quest to look and feel young is never ending. Almost everybody feels they could look a couple of years younger with a few wrinkles less and firmer skin. While this was within access of only celebrities who could afford the various plastic surgical procedures a few decades ago, times have changed now. Scientists and doctors are doing researches to find more affordable and non-surgical ways of getting to look younger.
Botox was one of the wonderful results of this search. Clostridium botulinum produces a toxin known as botulinum. In extremely minor amounts, this toxin can paralyze muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines.
How Botox works: The muscles react when they receive a message from the nerve through chemicals known as neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such chemical, which is present in the face and sends messages to the facial skin from the nerves. What Botox does is prevent the release of acetylcholine and so the muscle does not receive any message, and so does not contract. This reduces the amount of wrinkles and fine lines.
Medical and Cosmetic Indications As Mentioned Below:
For cosmetic purposes, they are most frequently used to reduce wrinkles on face and fine lines under the eyes and on the forehead. The wrinkles appear softened after the use of Botox, producing a younger, firmer skin. Aside from its cosmetic use, there are various other conditions for which Botox is medically approved for a number of medical ailments like
- Chronic migraine
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Chronic neck spasms
- Excessive sweating
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Crow's feet (outer corner of the eyes)
- Urinary incontinence
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Esophageal motility disorders
The list is only set to get longer as more indications for Botox are identified. However, as mentioned, being an extremely toxic substance, it should be used only under complete medical supervision.
The Cosmetic Indications are:
- Crow's feet
- Frown lines
- Bunny lines
- Flared nostrils
- Gummy smile
- Marrionette lines
- Poppy chin
- Enlarged jaw
- Muscles neck lifting
- Aged neck bands
- Enlarged pores
Side effects: Needless to say, there are side effects to this too, but when administered properly, it is an extremely safe procedure.
- Allergic reaction: Very few people might have an allergic reaction to the toxin
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
However, these are very transient and will subside in a couple of days, by which time the effect of Botox will be visible. Have a thorough discussion with a doctor before going for it.