Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Prashant KharcheYour feedback matters!
I suddenly felt uneasy at night after being normal measured my BP, it was high so I took pill to make BP normal and couldn't sleep properly. And in morning again I measured my BP and it is still high 210/130. What should I do now and are there chances that I had Heart Attack at night.
I am 16 years old and feel a lot of problems in my stomach and chest .I suffer from continuous pains and vomiting and nausea .so you please give me some suggestions how to recover from this and I also suffer from continuous body aches and I am to weak also my always tease me for that so please see this all this problems are degrading me day by day you please look into the matter all this I am writing about myself please please please Thanks thanks a lot if you can help me please Thanks.
I need a suggestion from cardiac specialist.My relative had a by pass operation in May (Has diabetes).She is facing some bacteria infections Tigycliene and three others aboe the stitching area.Can you suggest options to stop those bacterias.
I am 56 years old. I am having prostate problem. Urination every 1 to 1 & half hours. 2 times at night. Using sebal ser q but not much effective. Recently low blood pressure tendency with around 115/65. Please Suggest medicine.
Hi I have chest pain from last 3 months. I have done ecg and its normal but my pain is still the same what should I do know.
My husband is 70, a heart patient, and has a pot belly. We eat all the right foods and are on a constant diet! I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Need help please.
I am suffering gas problem. Whatever I eat forms gas in my stomach and affects my bowl function. It also makes my blood pressure rise. Stool is also not regular and clear.
Sir I am of 52 years. I have an heart blockage and the doctors had given me some medicines to have and besides having the medicines I am also having an ayurvedic medicine made up of lemon, ginger, garlic, honey and apple cider vinegar. Is this recipe is good for heart or not. Since last 10 days I am having too much pain in my lower jaws, is this is because of my disease or anything else.
I am suffering from high BP reading is 140/105. My age is 31+. I left eating spicy foods and had taken homeopathy medicine but its not helping. Pls guide me.
Whenever I go to market specially in summer season I feel like fainting and when I check my blood pressure it shows below the normal parameter. I want to know how to overcome from this problem.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
1. Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
2. Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. A normal blood pressure is not more than 120/80 mm Hg.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal Body Mass Index of 30kg/sq. m. is to be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided.
Related Tip: High Blood Pressure and Sex?
A heart attack (myocardial infarction) should not be confused with stroke or heart failure. It is the condition which causes major damage to heart muscles because of sudden blockage by a blood clot. The most common symptom of heart attack happens to be chest pain. Heart failure and ventricular fibrillation are probably the most common complications in this condition.
Clear symptoms of heart attack are:
1. Feeling vaguely ill - very vague feeling of illness is one symptom. You cannot really put your finger on what is wrong with you, but you do feel unwell.
2. Pain in left arm - pain in the arm, mainly the left arm is also one of the symptoms of an impending heart attack.
3. Sweating and heartburn - a lot of people have reported experiencing sweating, indigestion and heartburn before a heart attack. If you are sweating profusely and without any particular reasons, or having an unbearable heartburn, consult a medical specialist immediately.
4. Chest pain - feeling of fullness or tightness in the chest followed by pain is also a symptom of a heart attack. A lot of people have reported to ignore it; kindly don't.
5. Breathlessness - sudden shortness of breath and inability to do a lot of work at one point of time is not a good thing. This could be an indication of a heart attack.
6. Silent attack - the scariest of all is silent heart attack. At times, it comes with no symptoms at all. A person could be visibly physically fit, and suddenly have an attack. This usually happens with those who are suffering from diabetes mellitus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.