Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay ShedgeYour feedback matters!
I have tinnitus in right ear with hearing loss for the past one year. I am 68 years old. No tumor in brain as per CT scan. I am experiencing vertigo almost daily sometimes severe with vomit. I take vertin once I felt attack. I have consulted ENT specialist & Neuro surgeon & taking vitamin tabs to strengthen the nerves in ear. I request your advice in this regard.
I am suffering from throat pain n lil cold. What can I do to get cure early. Kindly please help me. Thank you.
Hello my age 21, morning after waking up I get severe cold and continuous sneezing. I'm scared that it could be a sinus problem. If yes, please advice me a medicine.
On 18 april, it was just a rub of penis above vagina and my vagina was cover with my underwear and my partner was nude sperm drops also came. After this few drop of blood came through the urine and the period came after 6 hour as scheduled. It continue for 2 and half day. After few day I am was feeling dizzy and vomiting type and abdominal pain. Now I am feel only dizzy type and also a mild pain in vagina. I do take 2 urine test on 28th april and got negative result. Can I be pregnant? And how to confirm it? Can I go for urine test tomorrow? And why I am feeling dizzy type and mild pain in vagina?
Facing problem of hard hearing. Hole in right ear. Is this recoverable thru surgery? How much is the chances of success, my age is 45.
Dear Doctor, My sister suffered from dizziness and fell down. She is 22 year old and 45 kg ,5.6 feet height. She consumes more tea per day and she joined Teaching profession 2 months back. She don't have any such dizziness problem before. What shall she do now? Can it happen again? please give suggestions.
My daughter (7 years) is suffering from adenoids. We had a surgery in the month May 2015 and was alright. Now in the month of November 2015 onwards she is complaining ear pain and formed BUZZ and went to doctor and prescribed SIZON tablet in the night and after a month while doing buzz culture test and it comes staphylococcus virus comes negative and treated with CADLIZO tablet (Linezolid) and became alright and entire buzz vanished and good for a month. Now from 2 weeks back she started the same and buzz formed again and SIZON tablet prescribed and complaining ear pain also. Could you please help in what may be wrong and suggest need to do any further diagnosis?
A stuffed up nose and pressure on our cheekbones can often mean you have acute sinusitis. Acute sinusitis, also called acute rhinosinusitis, is a short-term infection or inflammation of the membranes that line your sinuses. It prevents mucus from draining from your nose.
What Causes Acute Sinusitis?
Illnesses and conditions that can cause acute sinusitis include:
- bacterial upper respiratory tract infections
- fungal sinus infections
- allergies that cause mucus production in the sinuses
- lack of cilia motility, caused by disease (cilia are the small hairs located in your sinuses that move to push mucus out of your sinuses)
- nasal polyps or tumors
- deviated nasal septum
- enlarged or infected adenoids
- infected tooth (in rare cases bacteria can spread from the infected tooth to the sinuses)
- cystic fibrosis (a disease that causes thick, sticky mucus to build up in the body)
Symptoms of acute sinusitis include:
- nasal congestion
- thick, yellow, or green mucus discharge from the nose
- sore throat
- a cough (usually worse at night)
- drainage of mucus in the back of your throat
- pain, pressure, or tenderness behind your eyes, nose, cheeks, or forehead
- bad breath
- reduced sense of smell
- reduced sense of taste
However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.